• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Dragons are beyond time, which seems consistent with how things related to them are capable of warping time itself, like the somber smithing stones
That's just basic (well not basic but ya got what I mean) hax lad, it has nothing to do with speed.

The thing is that it's clear that dragons can mess with time. That + the fact that they are directly stated to be beyond time can make a solid argument.

Yeah but wouldn't that mean early game Tarnished would be Immeasurable if that were the case, considering the first dragon boss is right by the area you start at?

Curious, that means that every weapon upgraded to max not only has time hax but also the ability to slay a god (which sounds like some kind of immortality negation).

The thing is that it's clear that dragons can mess with time. That + the fact that they are directly stated to be beyond time can make a solid argument.

Tbf Miquella's Needle also reaffirms that the throne of Placidusax exists beyond time.

I don't want to mess with how scaling could work, nor I don't want to say that all dragons should have that. But, for now, I think that potentially the god tier could gain that speed.
However, I will continue the game to see if there's more stuff regarding that.

So we've two "beyond time" statements, neat. Problem is that it's a lot harder to get immeasurable speed with those kinds of statements nowadays.

By the way, there is a race in Elden Ring called Numen, descendants of denizens of another world.
Numen's Rune confirms that they are of the same stock as Queen Marika.

So we've two "beyond time" statements, neat. Problem is that it's a lot harder to get immeasurable speed with those kinds of statements nowadays.
More than two:

Neither of those, even combined, is immeasurable though? They could be beyond time and even be able to time travel and that wouldn't be enough still, we for starters, need confirmation it's due to speed and that's the minimum.

I mean, a lots of characters here has their speed via being beyond time/space-time. Why this couldn't be the case? Even so, that thing from what I see is consistent through the game, and honestly I don't see any reason why those could be taken in another way.

Because they have like a wall of extra context and supporting statements and feat that link it to speed. (That, or they're wrong, two wrongs don't make a right).
Being beyond time isn't enough, it's never enough, neither is some space-time hax.
A good example of a legit immeasurable would be The Flash, or I guess, idk, Dante now? He fought a dude who was so fast he could move up and down time and shit I think?
Elden Dragons don't got that tho, they just have hax.

The Elden Beast could have Abstract Existence.
He do ye.

Do you know how to get to the top of this mountain? It's in the middle west of the map, above the Village of the Albinaurics.
You do exactly what I said, just go to Mistwood after you beat Radahn and go from there, if you need help later, ask, but to avoid spoilers just do that for now.
You can not get there normally, if you haven't done what I just said it's impossible to reach.

You do exactly what I said, just go to Mistwood after you beat Radahn and go from there, if you need help later, ask, but to avoid spoilers just do that for now.
You can not get there normally, if you haven't done what I just said it's impossible to reach.
Ah, so it's related, neat

Yeah that hill is the end of her questline.

Also, who wants to bite the bullet and count every shooting star in the sky in Radahn's cutscene for the crater multiplier?

Because they have like a wall of extra context and supporting statements and feat that link it to speed. (That, or they're wrong, two wrongs don't make a right).
Being beyond time isn't enough, it's never enough, neither is some space-time hax.
A good example of a legit immeasurable would be The Flash, or I guess, idk, Dante now? He fought a dude who was so fast he could move up and down time and shit I think?
Elden Dragons don't got that tho, they just have hax.
Tbh, saying "it's never enough" it's not a solid argument to disacredit the statement. I can agree that not always every kind of statement related to that is going to give immeasurable speed, but here why that wouldn't be the case? There's no extra context to say "Oh well it can mean another thing," and statements are pretty clear and there's a considerable amount of them. If we have something like that, then we can go for the principle of Occam's Razor, since there's no need to overthink the statement.

Regarding of your first point, that's kinda... false? Because through a considerable amount of profiles there's no much explanation about the speed. Ones are just "Oh they move in a plane beyond time" (SMT and Persona), others are like "He will crush someone with the space-time continuum" (Anos), others because "they are from a higher dimension and saw the lower ones as fiction" (Fate), and I can continue. I'm not saying these examples are bad nor they don't deserve their speed, but actually, that the rating shouldn't be, neither seems to be, based solely on having the most context behind, but instead, being consistent.

I'm guessing if I kill the invader turtle Pope will come back?

I activated the invader by going through the front door, which is weird because this didn't happen before.
Maybe it didn't trigger before because you were a lower level? Dunno.
also is the turtle pope neccesarry for a seer playthrough

I can't wait to make some Versus Threads with these guys. I think using the Spirit Caller Snail in Threads would be hilarious to see how Characters would react to that.
Me as well, once the demigods are ready i'm going to make the matches as much as i can (especially the 4-A one, Granblue Fantasy are ready to fight)

Back