• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
AD INFINITUM 444 said:
The Super trio is immeasurable for pursuing Solaris to different eras via movement alone,Time Eater does the same for traveling to different eras.
If anything upgrading them to immeasurable makes more sense than a downgrade.

@Dark Sonic & Blaze also restored the continuum distortion in Rush.There's more evidence for infinite/immeasurable then against it.

There is no immeasurable speed feat here. Restoring spacetime is not immeasurable, come on now that's not even a speed feat. Solaris' speed is, has been, and always will be temporal and that does not scale to the Super Forms who only defeated him by "disrupting" his consciousness/core as Eggman put it. They could not even affect his form beforehand.

Regardless, void feats have always been tied to infinite speed and personally I'm sick of debating that so have it, but immeasurable speed is a no-no. That's a red flag for not understanding what immeasurable speed is. Then again the staff is always changing immeasurable and infinite speed and it's gotten annoying so please forgive me if I no longer have the drive to discuss it anymore.

The argument for immeasurable was that each hedgehog needed to attack Solaris across 1/3 of time in order to defeat him. Then there's the Time Eater who is capable of moving into different time periods. It had nothing to do with voids as yes, that would only grant infinite speed.

One hedgehog attacking in the past, another in the present, and another in the future is not immeasurable as it was a collective effort. If let's say, Shadow, attacked in past, present, and future simultaneously with each attack, then that'd be immeasurable. As for the Time Eater, again, immeasurable should be for moving through multiple timelines at once. Not individually. Again, the staff may have watered this down, I don't know. If so then sure, it's immeasurable speed is fine. Maybe, I'm not sure at the moment.

The immeasurable feat is when the trio goes to different eras via movement in the scene where they transform,it's actually pretty clear cut & is being ommited by staff on purpose.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the staff are purposefully omitting/downplaying a feat. The justifications and requirements for certian feats change quite frequently for any verse.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Speed

"Note 5:

Characters that are able to move backwards and forwards through time by movement alone qualify for immeasurable speed. However, due to general inconsistencies, and the fact that several fictions grant this ability to any character able to move FTL, they may be assigned an additional, independent, speed rating for the ability. This should preferably be evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

The first sentence is what Time Eater does.

Also the 1/3 of time means that Shadow, Sonic, and Silver didn't attack Solaris in just one point each in the past, present, and future respectively. Solaris's temporal omnipresence means that Shadow had to attack him in every moment in the past, Sonic in the present, and Silver in the future.

Silver did state that he could attack Solaris in all eras on his own & they do move to different eras while approaching Solaris in the void.

@Sera

We stick to the same standards as usual: Infinite is being able to move anywhere instantly. Immeasurable is being able to move anywhere and anywhen instantly via speed alone.

Antvasima said:
@Sera

We stick to the same standards as usual: Infinite is being able to move anywhere instantly. Immeasurable is being able to move anywhere and anywhen instantly via speed alone.
The problem is moving anywhere instantly has nothing to do with a void. Yet the predominant feats for infinite speed are void feats merely due to lacking space.

The problem is moving anywhere instantly has nothing to do with a void. Yet the predominant feats for infinite speed are void feats merely due to lacking space.

Because if you can move without time, then your speed isn't limited by it, thus granting infinite speed.

We've beaten this horse to death. Moving without time is so common in fiction it's not even funny. Voids, stopped time, etc. Just because you can move without time in a void, doesn't mean you move without time inside reality where time exists. It's a shame when there's an FC/OC character with literal infinite speed that doesn't require "muh void feats".

Anyway back on topic, if the Super Forms get Immeasurable speed, make sure it's only immeasurable at their peak, meaning only the fight against Solaris is viable.

As much of a Sonic guru I am, it's not like I remember everything perfectly. Some screens of said statements would be nice.

Sera Loveheart said:
We've beaten this horse to death. Moving without time is so common in fiction it's not even funny. Voids, stopped time, etc. Just because you can move without time in a void, doesn't mean you move without time inside reality where time exists. It's a shame when there's an FC/OC character with literal infinite speed that doesn't require "muh void feats".

Anyway back on topic, if the Super Forms get Immeasurable speed, make sure it's only immeasurable at their peak, meaning only the fight against Solaris is viable.
That's why we have the timeless void standards page I guess.

This is how it could go: Varies. Massively FTL+ to Immeasurable (fought Solaris across 1/3 of time and against Time Eater who can move into different time periods).

My point is, a character needs to prove or be able to imply they can move just as fast within a temporality. Thus we have definitive proof that they can move faster than time and thus have infinite speed because their speed is measured at 0:00:000, a.k.a anywhere instantly. I won't push for it though.

And that's fine (the speed justification wording, I mean).

What? I don't know. I'll wait this out until Dark comes back, I'm so tired right now.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, btw. Infinite speed has become far more widespread nowadays and I feel like our standards are far more lax than they used to be, even with those rules in place.

Of course if immeasurable is to be accepted, it would affect the following characters:

Super Sonic

Super Shadow

Super Silver

Burning Blaze

Solaris

Time Eater

Egg Salamander

Egg Wizard

I agree that Immeasurable speed is out of the question; out standards are very strict and simply having Time travel doesn't qualify. We also need proof that it would scale to their combat speed and reactions; it's not like we can just slap Immeasurable speed on characters like Bayonetta by that logic. And travelling to other universes/timelines is more like a range feat rather than a speed feat unless it can be proven.

Also, I really don't appreciate Ad Infinitum's rude and obnoxious behavior. He harassed me on my wall a while back shortly after the whole scaling base Sonic from Dark Gaia or Perfect Chaos became a new discussion rule.

Scaling my man. Burning Blaze scales to Super Sonic so if he gets immeasurable speed, it applies to her as well.

Egg Wizard and Egg Salamander fought Burning Blaze and Super Sonic at their peaks so they would need to get the immeasurable speed as well.

Power of The Stars is comparable to Chaos & Sol Emeralds the former of which Mephiles & Iblis used to become end game Solaris, & Time Eater has traveled to other eras with movement aswell so it's not out of the question that all the god tiers would be that level.

It's a roller coaster around here when it comes to Sonic tier stability. At least I screenshotted high 2-A Archie(something I helped acomplish)

@Cal

I think that most of the profiles with infinite or immeasurable speed are left over from when any spatially higher-dimensional character was inaccurately assumed to automatically have either of them.

Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver are only at their peak in 06. That's where the Tier 2 feat comes from and that's their peak.

Key word, at their peak. That's like saying all of the God Cloth saints should be 2-C via being comprable to Seiya, yet only Seiya has the 2-C feat of scratching Hades.

Egg Wizard and Egg Salamander have 2-C feats of their own by merging Sonic and Blaze's dimensions. Sonic needed to go 2-C to fight them, hence why they along with Blaze scale.

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
@DarkDragonMedeus What exactly was I rude or obnoxious about in THIS thread?
You did make that comment accusing the staff of being biased, which you shouldn't have done. That is no way to convince them to listen to your arguments even if they are legitimate.

@Ad it was rude to call someone condescending solely because they disagree with you, and saying, we're "Deliberately Omitting the upgrades" is also a bold accusation. We need more scientific evidence is all we're saying, no one is deliberately trying to downplay the verse. Calling people wankers or downplayers in general is just rude.

I've been a polite pushover groveling at the staffs feet for 2 years & basically nothing I've brought to the table has been acknowledged. It got tiring.

Back