• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EarthBound: True General Revisions

Also, I still don't understand why Ness is rated as 3-A instead of Low 2-C?

The japanese original states he became one/overlaped everithing in the universe, so there's the physical part i guess, but then when he talks to the Star master in magicant, he explain that he will come in contact with the sea of eden, where he will touch the truth of the universe for a period of time. The truth of the universe is stated of being both the space and time of the mention universe.
Mother213123
Source:http://legendsoflocalization.com/earthbound/monkey-caves/

So he absorbing the sea of eden alongside magicant means he aborbed the power of said truth, wich should give him Universal+ power, since in that case, it makes more sense for Ness to fight Giygas, since they should be on the same league now. Not enough to defeat him, but not little to get completly destroyed the moment they start fighting. Also, he gains the power to predict thing from the future. This is demonstrared right after he defeats his evil side, since he predicts they need to go to Saturn Valley whitout any indication before that.
Saturnvalley
(He talks to himself in here)That, and the fact that the dialogue from the talking rock can be interpreted in both ways, being physical or completly becoming one with the Universe, so is still something compared to that.

I'm thinking that it's very likely that Ness shielded the party from Giygas attacks, the latter also constantly calls Ness.

That could mean he was mostly centering on Ness with the little of counscioness he had left, since he was considered the only real problem for him. There's also the fact that he ignores the PSI shields from Paula, so her shields are useless.

LoudCloud said:
Not to mention the Devil machine has Ness' face on the front, which I always interpreted as his reflection.
I don't know if that counts as if he was focusing on Ness though, since we clearly see him recreating his face.

https://youtu.be/elnNX6_8h8Y?t=18

Could mean that he just finds him the most remarcable of them all tho, or at least the most dangerous.

@Dark649

So, do you think that Ness should be upgraded?

Yes, i will do so. I do not think the at least should be added since they scale to a town level enemy, and the at least is for Mother 3 party since they fought a stronger Pokey.

Well, the Town level enemy was fodder as oppose to a boss as mentioned on another thread, but I suppose that "At least" isn't necessary. And I suppose we could close the thread if topic is concluded?

Remove Eight Melodies weakness from Giygas, if that hasnt been done so already.

While a weakness for Giygas from Mother, nothing implies it's effective on him in Earthbound (probably because he has basically no mind), especially since the only form or method of attack usable on Giygas is, nothing, ya don't, ya gotta pray and not die.

Back