• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EarthBound: Equipment stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, there are new things which I want to point out.

Optional Equiment becomes Standard

In this thread I noticed that on the verse's profiles the Equipment of the EarthBound verse is listed as both Standard and Optional, making it confusing on the profiles.

However, this thread is coming to make those equiment standard, as some of these are key to the story:
And most of these items can later on be dropped, like most of the other items like healing or other equippable items.

P&A changes

Some of the things which I made when typing the Equipment was wrong.

Light Manipulation and Status Effect Inducement (The Toothbrush makes the user's teeth so shiny that the opponent is scared to the point they can't move)

This is more Fear Manipulation than Status Effect. Should apply to all of Mother 2 playable party.

Healing (Through Food and Condiments. Medicines can also heal from status effects such as poison, nausea, colds, sunstroke, falling asleep, uncontrollable crying, and feeling strange, paralysis or diamondization)

This should also be Type 3 Purification. This should be applied to Ness, Poo, Lucas, Kumatora, Ninten and Ana as all of them can learn PSI Healing.

Air Manipulation (Attack Attractor causes one to stink, making them the target of all attacks)

That is more Perception Manipulation

Edit: It's actually Fragrance Manipulation, legit didn't know about this new power.

Even more P&A additions

Some new P&A can also be added to the Mother 2 dudes.

Light Manipulation through Hawk Eye (as seen here)

Jeff can get a Limited Technology Manipulation as the Bad Key Machine allows him to unlock every kind of door which needs a physical key.

And that's all.

Last edited:

In this thread I noticed that on the verse's profiles the Equipment of the EarthBound verse is listed as both Standard and Optional, making it confusing on the profiles.

However, this thread is coming to make those equiment standard, as some of these are key to the story:
And most of these items can later on be dropped, like most of the other items like healing or other equippable items.
This seems fine but gonna wait
P&A changes

Light Manipulation and Status Effect Inducement (The Toothbrush makes the user's teeth so shiny that the opponent is scared to the point they can't move)

This is more Fear Manipulation than Status Effect. Should apply to all of Mother 2 playable party.
This makes sense
Healing (Through Food and Condiments. Medicines can also heal from status effects such as poison, nausea, colds, sunstroke, falling asleep, uncontrollable crying, and feeling strange, paralysis or diamondization)

This should also be Type 3 Purification. This should be applied to Ness, Poo, Lucas, Kumatora, Ninten and Ana as all of them can learn PSI Healing.
Yeah makes sense
Isnt that more of Fragrance Manipulation
Even more P&A changes

Sure
I remember there was a hax for this but I forgor 💀

It can't all be standard at once, given there's an equipment limit. Optional means things you may not always have on your person, which I think fits here.
P&A changes

I dunno if it's actual fear, I guess it does influct status so it's fine

Air Manipulation (Attack Attractor causes one to stink, making them the target of all attacks)

That is more Perception Manipulation

Edit: It's actually Fragrance Manipulation, legit didn't know about this new power.
all good
Even more P&A additions

Jeff can get a Limited Technology Manipulation as the Bad Key Machine allows him to unlock every kind of door which needs a physical key.
seems good

It can't all be standard at once, given there's an equipment limit. Optional means things you may not always have on your person, which I think fits here.
I see now. The equipment page even mentions this:
If a character lacks a canonical set of equipment, their profile should make note of this. Examples of such characters would be player customizable RPG characters such as Chosen Undead, profiles detailing a type of being as opposed to an individual character like that of the Adeptus Astartes. Such characters should have their items all listed as optional, and people who wish to use them in versus threads should preferably specify what items shall be made available to them.

Well... what would be Standard here then?
Nothing in particular, since they can store anything. You can maybe note in Standard Equipment something like "likely a great amount of their Optional Equipment" and maybe elaborate that some items are plot-relevant, but that doesn't mean they can't get rid of them afterwards.
Well, it inflicts also a solidified state, so I suppose it's both Fear and Status then?
I think that's supposed to be them being frozen in fear

Nothing in particular, since they can store anything. You can maybe note in Standard Equipment something like "likely a great amount of their Optional Equipment" and maybe elaborate that some items are plot-relevant, but that doesn't mean they can't get rid of them afterwards.
I suppose so. Frisk has all of their things as Optional for this reason.

The Chosen Undead has his stuff as standard tho lmfao.
we don't really have set standards, you can probably find a fuckton of profiles that don't abide by that, i'm not gonna make revisions for all of them lol
Though, Ness, Paula and Jeff do have Baseball Bats, Frying Pans and Guns as canon weapons (you can see Jeff holding a gun in the artwork)
I mean, I guess you can probably assume that they'd be carrying one set of equipment at all times, but that'd vary throughout the game.

yep, slingshot every once in a while too iirc
Funny how there's already a full tabber section for Equipment.

I'll just make the weapons Standard (for Ness specifing that he prefers Baseball Bats over the other types) and the rest Optional then, while also removing stuff they don't have (for example Ness for some reason has Jeff-only equipment on the page lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back