• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M1] Ness Vs The Player Gmod (Grace)

I do agree they may come into play at some point, though Ness has fear, curse, telekinesis to take the tool gun, and reducing accuracy to affect the player. Looking at the Earthbound wiki, I found there’s also a chance PK Flash makes Player numb which would make wielding their weapons very hard. There’s just as good a chance of Ness killing Player as making them cry which would help Ness greatly. Honestly, besides Death, none of PK Flash’s effects harm Ness more than they help. Even Strangeness could potentially make Player attack any allies he summons or them attack him and make an opening for Ness to deal damage.
If the Player were to lose the gun, they could telekinetically take it back with Drive or just spawn a new one (and given how frequently Drive is used, which is never, I think we know which option the Player would choose). I used the wikibound for the information instead of the fandom one, however looking at it I see that it uses "numb" to replace "paralysis" so I don't think it introduces anything new? The effects (excluding Death) would be beneficial to Ness in fighting the Player, though It would depend if the Player actually uses summons (most of the NPC's aren't even friendly to them!) and actually use weapons reliant on accuracy.
I don’t think the shields would block the erasure, but rather tank them for Ness. I don’t think we can count a field around him as necessarily attached to him, so that could let Ness know to dodge and/or take the Toolgun from Player. Player could select Ness, but the shield could also be counted, plus reflection. Primary fire removes the object you are looking at. Also, unless I’m wrong, can’t the Toolgun only erase objects or people the Player created?
Yeah that seems reasonable. As for the "Toolgun can only erase things the Player created" thing, if it behaves similarily to Remove (but gun) then it should be able to target and erase things not created by the Player so it is fair game.
Solidified states it prevents movement but not PSI; there’s another effect called Stone, but that seems to be a version from the first Mother game, so don’t think we can say Make Statue would more likely inflict that than solidify.
Well I am not that familiar with Earthbound, so it was worth a try. Still stops Ness from using physical moves though.
Those could be win cons, but Ness still has his which I think are more likely just because he has less options to sort through and seems more strategic in character, being a genius combat and academics wise.
Given the Player's lack in offensive options in the Toolgun and a wider variety of mostly offensive options in the Context Menu, I think he won't much difficulty sorting through them either. The Player is probably way smarter than what his current intel rating suggests (I mean he outright replaces Gordon if you play through the HL levels), though if they lose given their likely lack of combat experience then I'm fine with that.

I think i'm leaning towards a vote for not-Sans here (Ness). The Player still has options that would likely lend them a win, however it's unlikely they would use them until it's too late.

If the Player were to lose the gun, they could telekinetically take it back with Drive or just spawn a new one (and given how frequently Drive is used, which is never, I think we know which option the Player would choose). I used the wikibound for the information instead of the fandom one, however looking at it I see that it uses "numb" to replace "paralysis" so I don't think it introduces anything new? The effects (excluding Death) would be beneficial to Ness in fighting the Player, though It would depend if the Player actually uses summons (most of the NPC's aren't even friendly to them!) and actually use weapons reliant on accuracy.
Player could spawn a new gun, though Ness could always lay on melee or take the gun away again. Seems like I didn’t notice numb was paralysis though. And yeah Strangeness would depend though it’s a low chance anyways
Given the Player's lack in offensive options in the Toolgun and a wider variety of mostly offensive options in the Context Menu, I think he won't much difficulty sorting through them either. The Player is probably way smarter than what his current intel rating suggests (I mean he outright replaces Gordon if you play through the HL levels), though if they lose given their likely lack of combat experience then I'm fine with that.

I think i'm leaning towards a vote for not-Sans here (Ness). The Player still has options that would likely lend them a win, however it's unlikely they would use them until it's too late.
Yeah, I feel Player starts with firearms, Ness responds with shields and psychic attacks, then the shield vs erasure happens, Ness uses Flash and goes for melee, and then that’s the end of the fight unless more happens. Player could eventually resort to his more haxy options, but due to that lack of experience and other things it’ll likely come in too late.

The match is over anyways, but it’s good we could agree on this.

Back