• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earthbound | Devil's Machine Key for Giygas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quibster

She/Her
Remember how Ness and his friends fought Giygas, who's power was limited via Devil's Machine? Think that this could be a possible key for Giygas? (Because Giygas needs an actual key that some characters can beat) Maybe this could be Giygas (Devil's Machine).

Well, if this is already added to his profile (Whether it's in his moveset or not) Could we put it under said key? Devil's Machine Giygas and Post Devil's Machine Giygas have like, night and day differences, and possibly tiering.

The devil's machine itself serves to "Stabilize Giygas's mind" Whereas in Post DM Giygas's profile, under his Intellect, he's stated as Mindless. That could change under this proposed key.

Likely Low 7-B. Isn't he capable of using Rockin while inside the Devil Machine? I was gonna say that on Quirky's blog post but I forgot lolmao.

While we're here Quirky. I agree with most things on both profiles. Except for Giygas outside of the Devil Machine having access to "all previous abilities." Most of them yes, but he's not able to use Preparation and stuff like that.

Yes. Post DM Giygas should not have access to PSI abilities. His attacks far beyond that, and have transcended human and psychic comprehension

@ChocomillAlex Yes, DM Giygas is capable of using PK Rockin'. Also, his shield is what makes him formidable. This key of Giygas "cannot be harmed in any way due to his shield, which automatically reflects all attacks and cannot be removed."

His only weakness is mind-based attacks like Brainshock, according to the Earthbound Wiki

WQuibster said:
Yes. Post DM Giygas should not have access to PSI abilities. His attacks far beyond that, and have transcended human and psychic comprehensio
Why would he not simply have that on a level not even 4D minds can comprehend?

Well, Ness and co. had a hard time comprehending his attacks, although it's still debated whether it not it's because of power difference, then again, Giygas has a "Higher dimensional existence that affected time in its entirety". It could be because he's 4-D.

Anyways, we didn't come to talk about *that* Giygas. We're talking about the Giygas who was sealed away, and reduced to passively reflecting attacks and attacking with PK Rockin'. In addition to his possession of the Apple of Enlightment, which gives him possible Precog and Clairvoyance.

Think of this Giygas as a softcore Giygas who doesn't haxrape every character he fights.

This key will probably have a lot of "Unknown"s and "Possibly"s. We can only go by what we officially know based from the game.

I agree with some of the things on the blog post. Not all. It definitely needs some work, but it is a good start.

I'm still conflicted about whether or not Devil's Machine Giygas should get Precog via Apple of Enlightment. He didn't have it in his fight with the kids, but it sure as heck was mentioned a bunch to be in his possession throughout the game. This would make this key OP.

Uhh, he had possession of this before Mother 2. So I decided to put that in his Giegue key.

I linked a video of him interacting with it.

Yay, now I won't get hated for supposedly giving this key of Giygas Precog. Anyways, we need to figure out his tier while sealed in the Devil's Machine. The kids couldn't do anything due to his OP passive reflector shield that "doubles damage". His only weaknesses would be mind-based attacks like Brainshock― but I don't know if he is vulnerable afterwards.

Edit: Also, how long does it usually take for CRTs like this to get noticed?

True. But it still makes him formidable since a Post-Magicant Ness couldn't harm him.

Sounds alright, so have the Devil Machine's durability be Unknow

Are we all in agreement about his passive Attack Reflection? Also, we can probably scale his AP based on Ness's PK Rockin's AP as a "Possibly", but, since we don't know more about his combat potential in this form it's most likely also "Unknown".

That would be an inconclusive for sure.

Now all that's left is his speed, stamina, LS, and the tricky one, his Intellect. His mind is mentioned as being "barely intact" via the Devil's machine. Which could explain why he's susceptible to mind-based attacks.

Quibster said:
That would be an inconclusive for sure.
Now all that's left is his speed, stamina, LS, and the tricky one, his Intellect. His mind is mentioned as being "barely intact" via the Devil's machine. Which could explain why he's susceptible to mind-based attacks.
Did you read my blog? his speed would be immobile, stamina is likely limitless, LS is Unknown, and intellect is likely below average.

Yes I did, sorry. It's a tad bit late for me.

Anyways, I agree for with just about everything except for his intellect. Care to explain why you think Below Average is best suited for a contained ball of evil who plotted to cover the universe in darkness?

Nah, no need to apologize.

As for intellect, weeeeeell, he was pretty much messed up all over and needed the DM to leave a bit of his mind intact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back