• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duke Fishron updates

I've never been good at starting threads in a smooth way, so I'm just going to say that Duke Fishron has received updates in Terraria which has made our profile outdated.

Currently Duke resistance Mind manipulation, Fire, and poison. But in recent updates he has also gained resists to Status Effect Inducement due to resisting stun, and ice manipulation as he resist iceburn.

However due to expert mode being added he's also gained a status effect. Feral Bite, which is the most broken status effect in Terrarian. This status effect slightly negates the opponents Regenerationn, increases their attack power, then gives them 1 of 6 status effect every couple of seconds. So the powers feral bite would give Duke would be: Curse Manipulation (it causes curse), power nullification (curses in Terraria power null weapons and feral bite can cause silence which power nulls magic), Statistics Reduction due to slow and weakness, Mind manipulation due to confusion, and darkness manipulation via darkness.

Duke would also gain Regenerationn negation with Bleed and Feral Bite since both cause that effect, however bleed is much better at negating Regenerationn.

Finally when it comes to added abilities Duke should gain limited weather manipulation as he covers Terraria in fog.

Though there are a few abilities I think be removed. Fishron in Terrarian get stronger and faster as they enter water, as shown by the Fishron mount and enemies. During Duke's last phase of his fight it is much more likely that he is hiding in the fog he created and his speed is being amped due to the moist air rather than him being invisible and teleporting. Granted Fishron have shown the ability to turn semi invisible, so I Duke is using pseudo invisible combined with the fog to appear completely invisible rather than having complete invisibility. If this goes through Duke would gain stealth mastery. He should also have status amplification due amping himself in the fog he created.

When it comes to Duke intelligence, I think it is way to low. Duke Fishron has a sense of self preservation as he stated to get more desperate throughout his fight with the Terrarian and will take the chance to run away if the Terrarian gets too far away, he constantly changes his attack strategy throughout the fight when it notices the previous attacks weren't working, and tries to sneak up on the Terrarian when a frontward approach fails. Now something with low intelligence could do most of this stuff, but there's no way Duke is literally mindless like the profile currently stats. Also I think changing his intelligence to unknown would be better than straight up low because he never does anything that could be considered stupid throughout the fight, but never got a chance to do anything super intelligent either.

Here's a link to where this information can be easily found, but if I need to show it in gameplay I can: https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Duke_Fishro

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Shrimpy_Truffle

You can ask the active and experienced members listed in the Terraria verse page to comment here.

i think he should keep Teleportation as his eyes are still visible during phase three, so it wouldn't be possible for him to just rush around the Terrarian without being seen

When I fought Duke Fishron like 20 times in a row for the fog feat I remember his eyes staying visible for most of the 'teleportation' and when they do disappear I more see that as Duke fully hiding himself in the fog. Especially since of Fishron are shown to use semi invisibility with a combination of stealth to try and attack you, so Duke using that in combination with his fog seems like the more likely option rather than him having limited spatial manipulation (which is what teleportation is).

That could be the Terrarian losing track of Duke. We see bosses teleporting like with the Moon Lord and it looks vastly different than Duke's, especially since Duke already has powers that would explain how he could have the illusion of teleportation while nothing would suggest he has teleportation.

I noticed that you put enought on Duke's profile instead of enough when you edited it for the revisions. I mention that on this thread because if this revision goes through that'll be a good time to edit it. Also I think saying he covered an island in fog would be a better description of the feat rather than saying the in game map, since the in game map could mean practically anything.

After checking through the OP, I suppose that this seems to make sense.

I'll apply it. I'm pretty confident with adding the powers I was just never a fan of editing ap which is why I had Overlord do that in the other thread.

I updated the profile. However, I've notice in the categories that Duke still is tier 8, but I don't think I can change that on mobile. However I would hate to waste someone else's time with that so I'll hope on my computer right now to change that. Are the new powers mandatory on the categories?

Edit: I've chanced the tier 8 category to tier 7

I just want to say I forgot to add one of the status effects Feral Bite causes, so if I edit Duke's profile right now that's why I'm editing it.

Back