• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we not need to change any statistics for this verse then? Improved explanations to avoid future misunderstandings are always useful though.
So about the above, given that the supernova statement seems reliable to use after all...

Imo nothing necessarily needs to change. I would like more opinions on my thread on ability additions
Okay, so no more elaborate explanations or added references in the relevant Riordanverse wiki pages then?

Okay, so no more elaborate explanations or added references in the relevant Riordanverse wiki pages then?
As far as AP goes yeah. I do think we should organize the verse page though, and add all of our calculations on there. Typhon’s High 6-A calc should also go on his profile

Btw regarding the argument that Percy couldn't see a bullet, the demigods seem to have greater combat speed than their perception because they can somewhat subconsciously react to stuff due to their demigod nature. For example Piper saw Percy and Jason as blurs despite herself being at a similar combat speed and the demigods being dizzy riding a supersonic horse.

Kinda like how Anakin couldn't perceive Mace and Palpatine fighting in Star Wars but that doesn't mean the latter two are significantly faster than him since they somewhat fight subconsciously with the Force.

Alright. Time out.

Why are we suddenly deciding that multiple layers of reality existing, with all being equally true, in the Riordanverse is proof that creating GM (Greek Mythological) stars (Souls/Spirits of deceased people) takes the same amount of energy as creating SA (Scientifically Accurate) stars?

We already know that objects in the Riordanverse from different layers of reality are connected in some unexplained way and that Artemis and Zeus, being Greek Gods, would interact with the universe from the layer of reality where stars are souls placed in the sky.

In my humble opinion, as we do not know the means as the to how comparable objects in the different layers of reality are connected, we cannot reasonably assume that creating a GM star in one layer of reality requires the same amount of energy as creating a SA star.

Remember that in the Riordanverse comparable objects are not simply the same object appearing differently to different people, but separate distinct entities that are related, as stated by Apollo when he was out of commission:
I stood forlornly in a corner of the pavilion and ate a sandwich. I watched the sun wane in the winter sky and I thought about my chariot, my poor horses stuck in their stables with no one to take them out for a ride. Of course, even without my help, other forces would keep the cosmos chugging along. Many different belief systems powered the revolution of the planets and stars. Wolves would still chase Sol across the sky. Ra would continue his daily journey in his sun barque. Tonatiuh would keep running on his surplus blood from human sacrifices back in the Aztec days. And that other thing—science—would still generate gravity and quantum physics and whatever.

It should be noted that when Apollo mentioned the revolution of the planets and stars he was referring to the day night cycle, and not stating that planets and stars as we know them are the one true layer of reality as the Greeks did believe that the stars and planets revolved around the earth.

Btw regarding the argument that Percy couldn't see a bullet, the demigods seem to have greater combat speed than their perception because they can somewhat subconsciously react to stuff due to their demigod nature. For example Piper saw Percy and Jason as blurs despite herself being at a similar combat speed and the demigods being dizzy riding a supersonic horse.

Kinda like how Anakin couldn't perceive Mace and Palpatine fighting in Star Wars but that doesn't mean the latter two are significantly faster than him since they somewhat fight subconsciously with the Force.
To add to this, Percy, despite not using his eyes to react to the bullet, was still reacting and processing stimuli from the bullet:

“And I charged.

The first skeleton fired. Time slowed down. I won't say I could see the bullet, but I could feel its path, the same way I felt water currents in the ocean. I deflected it off the edge of my blade and kept charging. The skeleton drew a baton and I sliced off his arms at the elbows. Then I swung Riptide through his waist and cut him in half. His bones unknit and clattered to the asphalt in a heap."

This means that his perceptions in this particular feat are actually faster than his combat speed.

Additionally, it could be argued that Percy could not initially see the bullet due to the discharge from the gun and that fact that the bullet would be incredibly tiny from his perspective as he was running head-long at the Spartoi.

Jupiter vibing with Callisto at planet Jupiter is the rumor, Hera causing supernovas is a statement of her power.
The supernovas are caused by the Jupiter and Callisto thing, how can only the former be a rumor?

Also, I see no evidence that magic and science coexisting means magical stars = "real" ones, especially given the showings of the opposite. Just because Apollo's Chariot has a sort of shared existence with the scientifical sun, doesn't mean it's 4-C, considering it crashes at full speed in a lake and does not obliterate the Earth. In fact the fact that we know they're different things, and just bound to each other, should be evidence against tier 4.

The supernovas are caused by the Jupiter and Callisto thing, how can only the former be a rumor?
Because it literally isn’t part of the rumor? This is the rumor.
FYI: Rumor has it that Zeus and Callisto secretly hang out when he’s in his Roman form. He hides in the planet Jupiter—or maybe he becomes the planet Jupiter— and she revolves around him in the nearby moon named after her.
The following has not yet occurred and thus can only be a statement of Hera’s power as regardless of whether it is part of the rumor or if the rumor is true or false, people still think Hera can pop off supernovas if she gets mad.
Watch for a supernova in that quadrant of the sky when Hera discovers their trysts.

Because it literally isn’t part of the rumor? This is the rumor.

The following has not yet occurred and thus can only be a statement of Hera’s power as regardless of whether it is part of the rumor or if the rumor is true or false, people still think Hera can pop off supernovas if she gets mad.
As the statement is made in regards to a rumor and is in the realm of gossip, it is prone to hyperbole.

If I say my brother is gonna blow up the world if he finds out that I took his Gameboy, that doesn't warrant a planetary rating, and all other feats of this level are invalid anyways.

If Hera truly causing a supernova, Earth will disappear.
Like i said before, in-verse it was stated Zeus's master bolt have power which make human nuclear bomb look like a firecracker. But that no where near Planet level, let alone Star level, this statement by itself support the fact that Typhon the strongest character (except Primordial of course) only caused a huge crater on moon's surface. If author himself can write Hera causing a supernova, then he must also know that Supernova is massively > Master Bolt and Typhon statements

Last edited:
If Hera truly causing a supernova, Earth will disappear.
Like i said before, in-verse it was stated Zeus's master bolt have power which make human nuclear bomb look like a firecracker. But that no where near Planet level, let alone Star level, this statement by itself support the fact that Typhon the strongest character (except Primordial of course) only caused a huge crater on moon's surface. If author himself can write Hera causing a supernova, then he must also know that Supernova is massively > Master Bolt and Typhon statements
I've seen a calc that puts the firecracker statement at planet level, but it's probably not usable since it could be hyperbole.

Meh, I really think the statement is pretty wishy-washy considering the whole thing is just gossiping.
Considering that, A. the Riordanverse doesn't have any example of Gods casually dishing out 4-C level attacks in combat and B. the statement goes against how it has been shown the Riordanverse operates, treating this statement as if it has any sort of credibility is completely illogical.

The above arguments, regarding that the supernova statement seems unreliable to scale from, make sense to me.

Which feats should we scale from instead then, and are there any accepted calculation blogs for them available already?

Okay. That can probably be used then. Thank you for helping out.

Thank you. That seems fine to use to me at least. What do the other staff members here think?

The calculation has already been accepted by a calc group member, so it does not seem necessary.

I could always be missing something but I doubt it, it's a fairly straightforward one mathwise

So should we start planning out exactly what we'll write in place of there AP?

Also, should the gods like Apollo downscale from Zues and Typhon's physicals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back