• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy gets Mycenaean. (Annabeth gets minor buffs too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it occurs to me that Percy's manipulation of Liquid is missing some stuff. I'm putting it as "Limited" because it's not something he directly has access to, but a consequence of his powers controlling Liquids. This could also easily be changed to Optional Equipment if desired-Just know that these are supposed to circumstantial abilities.

Okay, for one, Percy should have Limited Fire Manipulation. This comes from manipulating the Phlegethon, which is confirmed/stated multiple times to be not a form of water, but instead literally LIQUID fire that can melt even fire resistant monsters. Percy should also have Limited Emotional Manipulation-From manipulating the Cocytus, which is literally just pure Misery and Sadness put into liquid form. This is further assisted by him manipulating the Styx, (which should give him Soul Destruction and Deconstruction, as it vaporizes those it touches and burns away their Souls), which is also polluted with the literal dead hopes and dreams of humanity, (though one could argue that it's solely physical items and not actually the water based on the passages, but I personally interpret it to be both given how ). And he should have Limited Memory Manipulation, as if he is nearby can manipulate the Lethe, which erases one's memory completely and makes them totally susceptible to the power of suggestion after.

Percy should also have Supernatural Willpower, as he was briefly able to withstand the sorrows of the Cocytus, though he eventually succumbed on his own until being aided emotionally by Annabeth. This is redoubled by him tanking the Acheron, which Annabeth was going to succumb to. It's also specifically stated in The Sun and the Star that even standing on the banks of the Acheron will rip your soul to pieces, via what is basically Akuma's Raging Demon (Your Sins), so Percy's Soul Manipulation Resistance justification should be updated Either as "Enhanced" or, preferably, staying ONE layer and saying Percy's resistance just got better. Annabeth also claims that Percy's super jump over it might have come from him using the power of the River, though it's unknown, so you could possibly reason it further justifies the things Percy gets from manipulating the Cocytus. (As such would be listed as "possibly" in the justification.)

I also think Mild/Moderate Mind Manipulation Resistance would fit, as well, under the same logic of Post-Flashpoint Batman's: Withstanding the mental struggle/voices of multiple minds. In this case from the Acheron and the Cocytus. The same applies to Annabeth (Supernatural Willpower, as she was able to fight off the Cocytus after Percy nearly succumbed and stopped protecting her, and after being emotionally reinforced by Percy could ignore the Acheron, as well as Mind Manip Resistance), but it's very clearly shown that Annabeth was affected by it until Percy brought her away from the bank-Leaping "30 yards ahead" of it, so she wouldn't get Soul Manip Resistance from this. Nico and Will also would get it from the Acheron as well before they became immune, I believe.

I think that's it.

I'm not sure about Percy getting anything from manipulating the rivers of the underworld.
Given that it's not something that can be accessible by him via normal means
Maybe the "Limited" covers that

How does he not have supernatural willpower already?
Lifting the sky itself is enough justification
I'm fine with that section along with the soul manipulation
Same with Mind manipulation

I'm not sure about Percy getting anything from manipulating the rivers of the underworld.
Given that it's not something that can be accessible by him via normal means
Maybe the "Limited" covers that
That was the intent, yeah. Like, Percy can't freely access manipulating memories, obviously, but he has done so via his liquid control of the River Lethe-Multiple times. In (HoO and the Sword of Hades), so the idea is "If nearby the River Lethe, he can use his control over it to erase memory." Sort of like other characters with circumstantial/land specific ablities. (COUGH Alcyoneus COUGH). I'm more than happy to remove an ability like this because they're so specific, though.

What I struggle to reconcile, however, is Percy outright having straight up fire manipulation because the fire is in liquid form. Or manipulating the Cocytus, as it is literally liquid misery. It makes me strongly consider that Percy's "Water Manipulation," should be simply re-titled "Liquid Manipulation," because that's vastly more in line with the facts than it simply being water.
How does he not have supernatural willpower already?
Lifting the sky itself is enough justification
I was wondering the same thing, so I figured I should put it on.
I'm fine with that section along with the soul manipulation
Same with Mind manipulation
Thank ya.

I agree with the OP, also would like to add that this could be a sort of conceptual manipulation perhaps as he is literally controlling the liquefied version of the concept of misery. Or maybe if not concept then something elss

I don’t think it’s the concept of Misery. If anything, it’s that Percy’s water control is conceptual—As in, it relies on what the Greeks believed constituted a “flowing river,” as Poseidon is the god of all water bodies, not just the sea. For example, as the Greeks did not see BLOOD in the BODY as an actual, free flowing liquid, Percy would likely not be able to do anything to it.

However, he CAN manipulate an actual river of fire BECAUSE (in the Greek Collectivd Unconscious) THAT qualified as a River, and thus by technicality is beneath the Sea God’s Domain—Though shared by Tartarus (as it is the Pit’s literal blood), and Hades (God of the Underworld and all within). Especially because we do see later that one of the Rivers, the Acheron, DOES reach up to the Surface World.

I don’t think it’s the concept of Misery. If anything, it’s that Percy’s water control is conceptual—As in, it relies on what the Greeks believed constituted a “flowing river,” as Poseidon is the god of all water bodies, not just the sea. For example, as the Greeks did not see BLOOD in the BODY as an actual, free flowing liquid, Percy would likely not be able to do anything to it.

However, he CAN manipulate an actual river of fire BECAUSE (in the Greek Collectivd Unconscious) THAT qualified as a River, and thus by technicality is beneath the Sea God’s Domain—Though shared by Tartarus (as it is the Pit’s literal blood), and Hades (God of the Underworld and all within). Especially because we do see later that one of the Rivers, the Acheron, DOES reach up to the Surface World.
Hold on, wasnt there statement that Percy could straight up bloodblend? He also did it to misery

Hold on, wasnt there statement that Percy could straight up bloodblend? He also did it to misery
No, not real blood—he manipulated and drowned Akhyls (Misery) in her own poisonous tears. And the “blood” he manipulated was the Blood of Tartarus, which are the 5 Rivers of the Pit. The Acheron, Cocytus, Lethe, Phlegethon, and the Styx.

No, not real blood—he manipulated and drowned Akhyls (Misery) in her own poisonous tears. And the “blood” he manipulated was the Blood of Tartarus, which are the 5 Rivers of the Pit. The Acheron, Cocytus, Lethe, Phlegethon, and the Styx.
Well technically blood has water in it so it would be weirder if he cant bloodbend tbh

I think rather than listing applications of in-verse materials he can manipulate it'd be better to explain in his water manip justification that he is also capable of controlling other liquids that have no water in them. Seems fine otherwise

I think rather than listing applications of in-verse materials he can manipulate it'd be better to explain in his water manip justification that he is also capable of controlling other liquids that have no water in them. Seems fine otherwise
same here

How is this for his justification?

"Liquid Manipulation, (depite being only the Son of the Sea God, Percy's control over liquid is immense, as it applies to more than just water, and governs even things with no water in them whatsoever. It allows him to manipulate liquid fire, such as the River Phlegethon, pure misery and sadness in liquid form, such as the River Cocytus, and by technicality, doing all of this is in itself manipulating blood, as the Five Rivers of the Underworld are the Blood of Tartarus),"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back