• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should we start planning out exactly what we'll write in place of their AP?
That seems like a good idea to me.
Also, should the gods like Apollo downscale from Zues and Typhon's physicals?
I am not familiar enough with this verse to properly evaluate this. My apologies.

What do the rest of you think of the above issues?

Starting off with people we know scale to the 6A feat, Zues and Typhon;

AP:

Zeus: 6A physically (Was able to physically fight Typhon, though he was eventually defeated) | At least High 6A with weather Manipulation (Was able to flood the planet), far higher (Zeus' Masterbolt is the god's most powerful weapon, and was capable of stunning Typhon.)

Typhon: 6A physically (Created the craters on the moon when attacking it)

Durability:

Zeus: At most 6A (Was injured and defeated by Typhon's physical strikes)

Typhon: At leat 6A (Was able to take physical strikes from Zeus, and defeat him) | At least High 6A (Was only stunned by Zeus' Masterbolt after multiple strikes)

On second thought Selene (The Moon), was moving away if I remember, so it could have been a glancing hit.

I apologize, I was doing stuff and didn't take the time to grasp what you meant. Physicals should scale to High 6A

No problem.

Have you reached an agreement here then? It would probably be good if somebody lists all of the staff members who have helped out previously in this thread though, so I can ask them what they think.

I hate to make a drawn-out CRT even more drawn-out, but technically, since the Moon in Greek Mythology is a chariot, the 6A calc can't be used.
Some of the sky gods tried to fight him [Typhon]—the spirits
of the stars, and Selene, the Titan of the moon. In fact, the
Greeks believed that the scars and craters on the moon
were left over from when Selene rode the moon chariot into
battle.
A more accurate way of determining Typhon's striking strength would be to use his feat of creating crust-splitting chasms with single strikes:
Every so often Typhon would stomp on the earth,
open a huge crevice, and reach inside to pull out some
magma like yolk from the inside of an egg.
It might yield results close to 6A, but until that can be confirmed, or a better feat can be brought up we can't rate Typhon's strikes as 6A.

So should we start planning out exactly what we'll write in place of there AP?

Also, should the gods like Apollo downscale from Zues and Typhon's physicals?
For the latter, until supporting statements or feats indicate otherwise we can't directly scale the other Olympian's "God Form" to each other.

A more accurate way of determining Typhon's striking strength would be to use his feat of creating crust-splitting chasms with single strikes:
Can I get a scan on that?

I hate to make a drawn-out CRT even more drawn-out, but technically, since the Moon in Greek Mythology is a chariot, the 6A calc can't be used.
Seems reasonable enough. It was said he caused the Moon's crater's but I can see how with our current understanding of the verse, this feat isn't 100% reliable.

It might yield results close to 6A, but until that can be confirmed, or a better feat can be brought up we can't rate Typhon's strikes as 6A.
It's up to debate, but if the actual craters on the moon are being credited to Typhon, it should count as a feat for him.

Well, if we downgrade the God, we should also downgrade Titan and Primordial (except Chaos of course), especially their Solar System level which have no justification, only baseless scaling to Gaea who somehow have Solar System rating due to being stronger than her avatar state......which kinda bad reason to me

It's up to debate, but if the actual craters on the moon are being credited to Typhon, it should count as a feat for him.
The quote in question doesn't actually attribute the craters on the actual moon to Typhon, but the craters on the Moon chariot:
battle.
Additionally, Typhon would have no way of reaching to SA moon as A. he's not big enough to reach it from earth and B. even if he could he wouldn't be able to interact with it due to him being apart of Greek Myth and believing the moon to be a chariot.

Well, if we downgrade the God, we should also downgrade Titan and Primordial (except Chaos of course), especially their Solar System level which have no justification, only baseless scaling to Gaea who somehow have Solar System rating due to being stronger than her avatar state......which kinda bad reason to me
I agree with this. The Titans and Primordials have no feats to justify their current tiering and should be downgraded in accordance with any future findings regarding their feats in this CRT.

Even saying the crater was as wide and thick as Typhon himself (2,000 feet), and went down to the Earth's core, it only yielded 39 Gigatons on violent fragmentation. 121 gigatons for pulverisation.

Anyone got any other scans.

Currently, we have one High 6A feat (Zues's weather manipulation)

One 6A feat (Typhon hitting the Moon) is up for debate

And we have another feat that is at least casually 6C.

And Minor God's pure energy forms release 6C levels of energy.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

Does Typhon have a godly form like other gods? I don't think he does, but

If we use the same square cube law logic that put the minor gods at 6C, and apply it to Typhon and proportion him out to an average Greek human (A lowball as Typhon has numerous tentacles and other extremities), his true form would constantly release 28.1814311635 Teratons of TNT, or High 6A

Wait, hold on, is the moon crater stuff just from the myths or is it brought up in actual Riordan books

Wait, hold on, is the moon crater stuff just from the myths or is it brought up in actual Riordan books
It comes from this quote here from Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, a in-canon book written by Percy Jackson which includes his takes on different Greek myth:
battle.
But since the Greek's believed the moon was a chariot this feat isn't actually comparable to creating the actual craters on the moon.

Anyone got any other scans.

Currently, we have one High 6A feat (Zues's weather manipulation)

One 6A feat (Typhon hitting the Moon) is up for debate

And we have another feat that is at least casually 6C.

And Minor God's pure energy forms release 6C levels of energy.
I actually haven't gotten as far as PJ's GG yet, so I don't have any scans atm.
I could read through the whole chapter on Typhon to see if there's anything else good there, but it might take me a bit because of some IRL deadlines I need to meet.

Didn't Zeus' feat of flooding the world take multiple hours to actually happen?

The rain started to fall. Within minutes, the sky
was nothing but sheets of gray water. Lightning flashed.
Thunder shook the earth. In less than an hour, the whole
kingdom of Thessaly was swallowed by the flood. Decalion
and Pyrrha closed their chest full of supplies, lashed
themselves to the lid, and floated right out the attic window.
As shown in this quote it took less than an hour for the flood waters to get to the top of a building, and it kept raining for a considerable amount of time after as well.

I actually don't know if the feat took that into account.

Could someone link the calc for the flooding feat?

Additionally, could you link the calc for a minor god's pure energy form giving off 6C levels of energy?

The gods turning into pure energy

Odly, there are two world flooding calculations, one on the Reference for Common Feats Page at 5 Exatons (High 6A), and another which comes out to 18.654 Petatons (6A)
Both of those calcs aren't at all what Zeus did in PJ's GG.

The Common Feat calc assumes the water must've first been vaporised to form rain clouds, and uses the energy it takes to achieve that as basis for the tiering. It doesn't factor in time or make sense considering the context.

The second feat assumes that the flood water must've been telekinetically raised above the sea-level and uses the energy it would take to lift essentially all the water in the Ocean 800 meters up. The book never mentions anything of the sort, and insinuates that Zeus used solely rain to flood the world.

I actually have no idea how to quantify Zeus' feat here, but do feel it leans more towards Creation Hax than a single attack that has an AP.

I mean if we take away the Moon and flooding feat, the only remaining feats woud be 6C...

I mean wasn’t there something about oceans being vaporised too
There was. Its basically an off-hand remark about the Titan-Olympian war:
The gods and Titans skirmished back and forth—blowing
up an island here, vaporizing a sea there.
Since it doesn't mention the number of gods involved we can't attribute it to the AP of a single one.

Additionally, this is coming from an in-universe book that was written by someone who knows very little about what actually happened and explicitly stated was telling his "spin" on the stories.

So, all in all, not the best feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back