• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I was reading The Last Olympian when I came across this good feat. This calc may be partially inaccurate but just let me know.

So, in this feat, Percy is about to fight Hyperion and Hyperion generates massive amounts of light from his body, which Percy is able to barely react to.

Distance is 20 feet as the scan suggests, so 6.096 meters away

Percy looked away, meaning it was likely a 90 degree turn.

Percy has no official height, so I’m going to use the movie height of 5’10. (1.77 meters). (Since it was a head turn, this actually doesn’t matter as angles are different than movement)

Regardless, speed of light moves at 299,792,458 m/s.

299792458/6.096 = 49178552.8215 m/s = Mach 143377

So Relativistic reactions. This would scale to:

Percy
Luke
Annabeth
Frank
Hazel
Piper should get a possibly rating
Nico
Reyna
Leo
Beings that can blitz Percy/are far superior would get this as movement speed

Gods in their base form would get this instead of the High Hypersonic+ rating

Let me know if there’s any issue with any of this.

I was reading The Last Olympian when I came across this good feat. This calc may be partially inaccurate but just let me know.

So, in this feat, Percy is about to fight Hyperion and Hyperion generates massive amounts of light from his body, which Percy is able to barely react to.

Distance is 20 feet as the scan suggests, so 6.096 meters away

Percy looked away, meaning it was likely a 90 degree turn.

Percy has no official height, so I’m going to use the movie height of 5’10. (1.77 meters). (Since it was a head turn, this actually doesn’t matter as angles are different than movement)

Regardless, speed of light moves at 299,792,458 m/s.

299792458/6.096 = 49178552.8215 m/s = Mach 143377

So Relativistic reactions. This would scale to:

Percy
Luke
Annabeth
Frank
Hazel
Piper should get a possibly rating
Nico
Reyna
Leo
Beings that can blitz Percy/are far superior would get this as movement speed

Gods in their base form would get this instead of the High Hypersonic+ rating

Let me know if there’s any issue with any of this.
I agree with this, well, the calculation still need to be put in a blog and evaluted, but i agree with the Light thing, however, are we really sure that using the movie height as a thing? wouldnt it be far better if you just use an average height to boys of percy age?

Last edited:
I agree with this, well, the calculation still need to be put in a blog and evaluted, but i agree with the Light thing, however, are we really sure that using the movie hight as a thing? wouldnt it be far better if you just use an average height to boys of percy age?
Makes sense, but the average boy Percy’s age is only 5’9 so wouldn’t make much of a difference

Wasn't Percy stated to be 6' somewhere? Also weren't there revisions going on with how impossible it is to scale the Riordan-verse?
Yeah supposedly there’s 6-C downgrades (which I don’t fully disagree with but eh), but now someone is senselessly trying to downscale the gods back to 6-A.

Regardless, a lot of “anti feats” I am capable of refuting

I would uh want more proof that what came from Hyperion's body is actual light.

The linked quote doesn't really prove much

I would uh want more proof that what came from Hyperion's body is actual light.

The linked quote doesn't really prove much
I mean Hyperion is the titan of light and gave birth to the god of the sun? And his eyes are described to be minatures suns

Besides, the feat mentions Percy reacting to light generated by Hyperion, so even if he can only make light, then it's still work

Yeah proving that it's actual light (that counts as light speed for our standard) is harder than this. Also doesn't Percy struggle with bullets at some points

He literally says he couldn't see the bullet moving and reacted on instinct

Also for the record, this isn't a feat at all. If he's turning away from the light, that means he's seeing it, so the idea that he turned away before it reached him makes no sense. Plus he says he was still blinded so for all we know he turned a split second too late. Either way nothing says he actually "dodged" the light completely

He literally says he couldn't see the bullet moving and reacted on instinct
Not seeing the bullet ≠ Not being able to react to the bullet ☠️ the scan quite literally doesn’t say anything about his reaction capabilities besides the instinct

Not seeing the bullet ≠ Not being able to react to the bullet ☠️ the scan quite literally doesn’t say anything about his reaction capabilities besides the instinct
This is funny
Literally the whole thing is scans says is that he struggled with those bullets

No proof of this lmao
Works the other way mate, you have to prove he turned before any of the light hit him. Which you can't.
No? That simply means he is able to perceive SOL light as it travels
... And if he were to "perceive" it, it would blind him. Because he would be seeing it. Which would mean he had failed to react to it.

This is a horrendous attempt at giving relativistic speeds.

First off, the bullet feat directly debunks this. You’re claiming that he can perceive the speed of light and move his head before it reaches his eyes, yet this same Percy can’t even see a bullet as it travels towards him? If he can’t see it then it’s faster than his perception. The fact he had to rely on instinct to not get hit by the bullet means his speed is inferior to it without that slight Instinctive Reaction.

Secondly, you have no evidence whatsoever to imply he turned his head before the light hit him. This is compounded by him still being blinded anyway despite turning.

The sentence structure goes that he saw Hyperion ignite into light and heat, which immediately means he is not relativistic at all because HE SAW IT HAPPEN. Meaning he DID NOT DODGE IT. Then, AFTER he sees this, he turns away, but is still blinded. This is how the sentence is structured and the sequence of events.

If you’re claiming Percy is relativistic, you need to prove he perceived the light before it hit his eyes and not after he has seen it.

yet this same Percy can’t even see a bullet as it travels towards him? If he can’t see it then it’s faster than his perception.
What are you saying? Not SEEING the bullet (which DOESNT actually have anything to do with reactions) ≠ not being able to react to it. Nothing alludes to him not being able to perceive the bullet, it could be as simple as him not looking at the bullet.

This is the same Percy who is comparable to Jason, who was able to deflect real lightning off his sword from mid range. You’re going to need more solid evidence than that

If you’re claiming Percy is relativistic, you need to prove he perceived the light before it hit his eyes and not after he has seen it.
That’s quite literally how the sentence is structured? Hyperion generates light from his body, and before it fully reaches Percy’s eyes, he turns away (but is still blinded). This statement implies that he WAS able to perceive the light as it traveled, but was still blinded nonetheless

Once again, him not seeing the bullet ≠ him not being able to react to it
Him not being able to perceive or see something that is tens of thousands of times slower than him if he is rel+ is a joke
You are not getting out of this one it was blatantly stated he had trouble parrying those bullets

That’s quite literally how the sentence is structured? Hyperion generates light from his body, and before it fully reaches Percy’s eyes, he turns away (but is still blinded). This statement implies that he WAS able to perceive the light as it traveled, but was still blinded nonetheless
... So it reached him. Dude you can't simultaneously see and not see the light, if he saw it it means it reached him and as such it blinded him, then he turned because that's what anyone would do in such a situation, it's not a speed feat, hell the fact that he was blinded proves that it wasn't.

Back