• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Riordanverse gods have any on-screen feats that remotely approach a stellar magnitude, or just comparatively minor ones? We cannot base all of the statistics on what may likely be figures of speech.

Gonna point out that this isn’t what Cal meant. Gods have no issues harming some people (doubt anyone thinks otherwise) but when it is on the scale of wiping humanity from the face of the earth en masse, then they don’t wanna do it. They need people alive or else they fade and die so Hera being mad doesn’t mean she would be so mad as to also commit suicide when she is definitely use to Zeus’ shit at this point.
That's not the point though, he's saying that Hera saw Zeus' affair, then yeeted a supernova so far away it couldn't hurt anyone. Why? It's not like gods are so powerful they can't fight near Earth, even going all out on Typhon doesn't have much of an effect on the planet. If she's going to attack Callisto, we know it doesn't need to be on that scale. If she's just attacking nothing in anger, like a normal person punching a wall, there's no need to make it this powerful and so far away.

We have several other statements using the same expression, and those are clearly not literal, I really don't see why this one should be at all. It's based on a humor and relies on Percy knowing it is, indeed, a real supernova and not just a light show that she can produce with ther true form, that's already been compared to a supernova.

Fighting on Earth and not destroying it doesn’t really work as an antifeat when the planet is Gaia who scales >>>>>>> the gods. Whatever they are, she has them shook while she is half awake.

I’m also not even arguing for a tier. Just clarifying that Hera wouldn’t be doing what you said regardless of her tier.

Well yeah that's the main problem, Riordanverse is a book series. Most of the high-end feats seem to be from Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, which is basically the series' main character Percy Jackson giving his version of Greek mythology stories. The main series is more so focused on the adventures of the demigods.
Even then the only thing that comes close is the 5-C stuff but that's still magnitudes off supernovae

I’d argue there’s uni stuff but that’s besides the point. The point I’m getting at is that’s not how outliers work.

I’d argue there’s uni stuff but that’s besides the point. The point I’m getting at is that’s not how outliers work.
What do you mean?

If all of the explicit feats are far lower, that makes unproven claims considerably more questionable as far as I am aware.

I do agree that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. But that still doesn’t change the validity of a feat. Whether it’s a verse that’s normally uni or a verse that’s normally wall, a statement like “this chick will cause the planet to explode” is still going to be the same statement.

But there’s no anti feats
Bro, one of the top tiers get's KO'ed by a Mountain being thrown at them while slightly weakened (At MHS speeds, which not to calc stack, is only 46.283408817621893832 Tenatons of tnt on a high end, or 6B {Which makes sense as the character at full power only scale to High 6B}), the gods true forms are 6C, Typhon messing around with the Earth is 6C, most in verse feats are between 7A to High 6B, and they fight with High 6B attacks. Zeus' masterbolt was also stated by Percy to be comparable to a 50 megaton blast (7B), so we do have an opposing statement on the power of Hera's Supernova blast, even if the other numerous anti-feats didn't exist.

We've already proven multiple times that the supernova/star feats are invalid, whether that be due to hyperbole, shakey sources, actually being shown that certain feats are not legitimate, or diect anti-feats.

No new evidence has been provided that should really alter the existing consensus unless I've missed something.

Dude the actual mythological Typhon gets beat by dropping a mountain on him, and you’d be remiss to say that he’s mountain level.

Also there were no “other” star level feats. Just the one, which hasn’t been properly debunked, lest it wouldn’t still be argued against by me. It’s in contention for debunking, because I’m far from objective, but it hasn’t been debunked yet.

Dude the actual mythological Typhon gets beat by dropping a mountain on him, and you’d be remiss to say that he’s mountain level.
"This dude has a legit antifeat but you should just ignore it bro"

If I would be remiss to say that about original myths, that would be because there'd be more anti-feats than solid feats. Not because I just kinda want them to be tier 4. That is not the case here.

I’d also note that Greek Myth isn’t just one big story and we should if anything go through the myths as done by a given author

there’s tons of versions that are just absolutely irreconcilable with each other and we shouldn't use feats from one author's work to justify ignoring anti-feats

Last edited:
I’d also note that Greek Myth isn’t just one big story and we should if anything go through the myths as done by a given author

there’s tons of versions that are just absolutely irreconcilable with each other and we shouldn't use feats from one author's work to justify ignoring anti-feats
Yeah. Greek Myths are canon, but they're not 1 for 1 with Riordanverse tales. There are plenty of spins on them or alterations. Even in Greek mythology there's no one definitave Greek Myth for pretty much any story. Due to that fact, we should only take the myths, and versions of those myths Riordan gives us.
Also there were no “other” star level feats. Just the one, which hasn’t been properly debunked, lest it wouldn’t still be argued against by me. It’s in contention for debunking, because I’m far from objective, but it hasn’t been debunked yet.
You know people can argue for something even when they've been proven wrong? Arguing for something after it's been debunked does not mean it wasn't debunked. The gods are fighting life or death wars with High 6B attacks, that's an ant-feat.

Yeah, but he also gets a mountain yeeted on him in the Riordanverse. And also, getting a mountain chucked at you is > than mountain level, and would be around 6C-6B assuming faster than sound speeds.

So we have two anti-feats, and we haven't even mentioned Percy's 50 megaton statement, which directly contradicts the supernova statement.

Not that I think that statement is reliable either, but if we're just taking shacky statements at face value, we have a statement that put's the God's nuclear arsenal at 7B, and directly contradicts the idea of a High 4B Hera.

Yeah. Greek Myths are canon, but they're not 1 for 1 with Riordanverse tales. There are plenty of spins on them or alterations. Even in Greek mythology there's no one definitave Greek Myth for pretty much any story. Due to that fact, we should only take the myths, and versions of those myths Riordan gives us.
Oh my point was about Cal going for "oh but in myths Typhon is taken out by a mountain but he's not 7-A".
It's a silly argument that conflates every version oif the myths and ignores the whole LS thing

The point is Riordan deities are consistently below Tier 5 (not sure about the Norse and Egyptians tbh)

Ra and Apohpis are currently 4C. I think that needs to e revised, but otherwise, the Egyptian gods are fine to my knowledge. The Norse gods though...

Ra and Apohpis are currently 4C. I think that needs to e revised, but otherwise, the Egyptian gods are fine to my knowledge. The Norse gods though...
Yeah Odin's reasoning seems iffy and I'm unsure why Surtur is at least 8-B via being > High 8-C's (who don't have calcs listed)

Yeah, that's for another CRT. Is it okay to enact the following changes; Add MHS for all gods reaction and attack speed, keep Sol Attack speeds for Athena, Hyperion, Helios, and Apollo, and put everyone's AP at High 6B?

Yeah, that's for another CRT. Is it okay to enact the following changes; Add MHS for all gods reaction and attack speed, keep Sol Attack speeds for Athena, Hyperion, Helios, and Apollo, and put everyone's AP at High 6B?
6B seems okay, might need more justification for Apollo's 'light' arrows actually being Sol.

Bro, one of the top tiers get's KO'ed by a Mountain being thrown at them while slightly weakened
This is not an anti feat by the way lmao, considering the circumstances of Typhon being weakened and Zeus’s throwing speed being unknown
the gods true forms are 6C
Not an anti feat once again lol

Typhon messing around with the Earth is 6C
This is, once again, NOT an anti feat ☠️
most in verse feats are between 7A to High 6B, and they fight with High 6B attacks
Do you even know what an anti feat is ☠️☠️☠️☠️
Zeus' masterbolt was also stated by Percy to be comparable to a 50 megaton blast (7B)
Yet we also have Chiron, who is much more knowledgeable on the gods, saying that it would make hydrogen bombs “look like firecrackers”.

Once again, I have not seen a single anti feat.

Also yeah what they Maz said. They’re not antifeats. Not only are anti-feats something entirely different from AoE things (for example, Goku failing to blow up a city despite trying to is an anti feat, but if he fires a blast and it doesn’t destroy a city, it’s just a thing), legit like every character period would be building level, from Vader to Aang to Naruto to Superman, because they have far more feats destroying things of that level than anything else. The argument is “because they’re not blowing up the earth with every attack, they can’t be higher than that.” Which is antithetical to vs debating.
The main argument should be if the feat is legit at all, not if it’s consistent or not for the gods who bend the entire setting to their whim, as the site honest-to-goodness has an outlier calling problem. The only outright anti-feat is the Typhon thing. Everything else is as potent as something like “Goku Black arc doesn’t have feats above city block so Zamasu shouldn’t be anywhere near universal”

Howard: well this is very rare to see a veteran back. So with all due respect, while i agree that AoE arguments is bad, but using Dragon Ball is a bad example, they have a really good feat to establish a groundwork, and even AoE became inconsistent (which happened in all fiction), the verse still sometime relay the fact that characters capable of blowing up universe like when Beerus fought Champa, Gods of Destruction statement, Infinite Zamasu fused with the universe, Kefla own claim that she can oneshot the universe, Zeno consistently erase universes, and Super Shenron brought them back.

On the other hand, Riordan have none, supernova statement was an off-hand comment that gave off the vibe aa a joke, a troll commeny than anything that should be taken seriously, and for a person like Percy Jackson, i doubt he actually understand what is supernova explosion and how powerful it is, the star creation feat was somewhat very vague and even then it is a creation feat if we taken it seriously and should research that why that feat scale to their power. Actual feats is but all anti-feats, and there is some anti-statement too like the firecracker statement which by all no no where near a supernova scale. So i think these tier 4s is not entirely valid

This is not an anti feat by the way lmao, considering the circumstances of Typhon being weakened and Zeus’s throwing speed being unknown

Not an anti feat once again lol

This is, once again, NOT an anti feat ☠️

Do you even know what an anti feat is ☠️☠️☠️☠️

Yet we also have Chiron, who is much more knowledgeable on the gods, saying that it would make hydrogen bombs “look like firecrackers”.

Once again, I have not seen a single anti feat.
Firstly, Zeus's throwing speed is MHS. That's how I know the attack would be roughly 6B. If Typhon was 5000 trillion times weaker than normal, then why didn't zeus blow him to shreds with 1 shot from his Masterbolt?

just because I bring up anti feats in my argument does not mean all of my points are anti feats. I'm mainly trying to show consistency with the other statements. 7A-High 6B is far more consistent.

Also, them using High 6B attacks in life or death situations with intent to win a war is 100% an anti feat.

One this, "Yet we also have Chiron, who is much more knowledgeable on the gods, saying that it would make hydrogen bombs “look like firecrackers”, I calced it at 5C. Sadly, it was rejected as the statement was "unreliable"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back