• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dropping the Riordanverse Tier by smiting it with Zeus' Lightning Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Is somebody who knows how to edit properly according to our standards willing to handle it?

Also, I think demigods should be downgraded to Supersonic, as if I'm not mistaken, the MHS calcs are invalid, and the only things left are Supersonic.

Okay. Is somebody who knows how to edit properly according to our standards willing to handle it?

That seems kind of harsh, but the edits obviously need to be properly applied. I don't have the time to clean up after all of them.
So about this...

I mean, breaking a spear made of that material is a feat in itself, no?

I mean, if it can hurt monsters, it's gotta be made of celestial bronze

Just to ask, since IRL Greek Mythology is canon to the Riordanverse, does that mean that myths that are not mentioned in series count as canon too?

Probably, but I don’t think it was ever stated.
I mean, given that it's the only material commonly available to Camp Half-Blood capable of hurting monsters, that should be the default assumption.
Just to ask, since IRL Greek Mythology is canon to the Riordanverse, does that mean that myths that are not mentioned in series count as canon too?
No, Greek Mythology is not a single, unified text, the myths were passed down by word of mouth and as such there's dozens of different, contradicting versions. So while it can be assumed most of it is canon, we can't point at any feat not referenced in Riordan's works and assume it to be canon.

Like I had said in another thread, when in doubt use either the earliest version of the myth or the version of the myth the book/series references
That is impossible. We don't know what the "earliest version of the myth is" since it's not like historians can tell that for sure, and there isn't one specific version of greek mythology that Riordan references because there aren't specific versions of greek mythology at all, it's just a bunch of unrelated stories told by different people.

There is no "modern consensus" beyond "we can't know the origins for sure", besides nothing says that the origins should be what's used given that they probably barely resemble the conception of greek mythology used by Riordan.

It's been years, but it could still have threatened him, right? And IIRC Clarissa was in a sort of amped state, so maybe that version scales?
It’s specified that only a child of Ares can stop it so Percy literally wasn’t able to stop it since he couldn’t kill it and lacks the LS to pin it. He also couldn’t be threatened short of getting sprayed in its poison or nommed on which would hit his Heel via AoE which is almost like saying Ethan scales to Percy lol. Might go reread the chapter just to refresh my memory.

Clarisse got the Blessing of Ares as a result of shanking the drakon in the eye with her electric spear and snapping it to fry the thing from the inside out like Infinite said so this is all base Clarisse.

As for Blessing Clarisse scaling to Styx Percy, I’m honestly down with that. Percy says that she is just as invulnerable as his curse and going by Frank getting it from Mars in MoA, she would get much stronger as well, possibly above Styx Percy when I think about it.

It’s specified that only a child of Ares can stop it so Percy literally wasn’t able to stop it since he couldn’t kill it and lacks the LS to pin it. He also couldn’t be threatened short of getting sprayed in its poison or nommed on which would hit his Heel via AoE which is almost like saying Ethan scales to Percy lol. Might go reread the chapter just to refresh my memory.
If that's the case, that seems reasonable.
Clarisse got the Blessing of Ares as a result of shanking the drakon in the eye with her electric spear and snapping it to fry the thing from the inside out like Infinite said so this is all base Clarisse.
I see. Still, I assume celestial bronze would have its durability scale pretty high so snapping it would be a noteworthy feat.
As for Blessing Clarisse scaling to Styx Percy, I’m honestly down with that. Percy says that she is just as invulnerable as his curse and going by Frank getting it from Mars in MoA, she would get much stronger as well, possibly above Styx Percy when I think about it.
I dunno about any details, but I'm not opposed I guess

Breaking CB might scale to a lot of people tbh. But the issue is that the durability seems to vary a lot since
  • Half of Kronos’ scythe is CB and that thing is able to carve up Kronos himself whose presence itself can vape someone cursed with the Styx
  • Masterbolt is made of CB and contains lightning nukes
  • Percy’s shield gets dented by Thorn’s tail spikes ….. who Percy can fight and deflect with Riptide.
  • Ethan shattering his sword on Styx Luke.
  • Argo 2 having a CB hull which gets damaged by sea monsters that the 7 can fight.

Hm, true. I guess the divine weapons could be assumed to be amped to be stronger/more durable than usual, to be fair, and I think Ethan being on the level of base Percy isn't too hard to believe.

Is the whole spear celestial bronze, or just the tip?
Not entirely sure. The spears are only described as CB javelins or CB spears from what I recall. Based on Thalia’s electric spear hiding as a collapsible mace canister like Riptide is a pen, hers would be entirely CB. Juno’s Gladius and IVLIVS are also solid metal spears, along with Hades Bident and Poseidon’s Trident, so there is certainly a precedent for the polearms being made entirely out of magic metals.

It’s probably best to leave this feat to the side imo since it’s shaky at best.

That is impossible. We don't know what the "earliest version of the myth is" since it's not like historians can tell that for sure, and there isn't one specific version of greek mythology that Riordan references because there aren't specific versions of greek mythology at all, it's just a bunch of unrelated stories told by different people.
This.
For example, Medusa being involved with Poseidon is canon way back when in PJO, even though it was never a myth and Ovid made it up back when he wrote er…Metamorphoses?

Or for another example, Poseidon used to be the King of the Gods and ruler of the underworld in the proto-greek myths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back