• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonslayers - Siegfried vs Natsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
Siegfried

vs

Natsu Dragneel

Siegfried vs Natsu

Fight conditions:

• Standard Equipment
  • In-character but willing to kill if necessary
  • 7-A versions
  • Balmung is unrestricted
  • Natsu knows of Siegfried's weak back
  • Speed Equalized
Scenario:

Siegfried, upon being teleported into an unknown land is approached by locals in hopes of him being a strong warrior. They mention that they are being terrorized by a dragon in human skin, and that they need someone to remove it before any more get hurt. Being a champion of the masses, he obliges on the condition that they empty the town of people so he can fight without worry of civilian casualty.

Natsu has just rested and is at 100% capacity after his latest mission that just so happened to have done massive collateral damage. Upon entering an oddly empty tavern, he hears mention of a dragonslayer out for his blood, and so sets out to confront him, thinking it is one of their guild's enemies. Just before he exits, he hears that the enemy has a weakness on his back.

Siegfried vs Natsu2

Sumanai wins. Dragonslaying aspect only nulls his armor's bonus against NPs, reducing all of Natsu's attacks to scrathes/singes. Siegfried's dragonslaying actually amps him against other dragon type opponents and an unrestricted Balmung (also dragonslaying) lets him steamroll Natsu since its a High 7-A attack amped twice against 7-A durability. Speed equal and god tier skill means he can always keep Natsu in front of him.

^This

Also, this is a stomp match. Sieg has a High 7-A attack which is >>>7-A, he has an armor that makes his durabilty >7-A, and his attacks are effective against natsu, while natsu's aren't effective.

Stomp match

God tier skill and equal speed does mean that Natsu won't be getting a shot at his back which Siegfried could still tank anyway. Natsu can't get enough damage through AoF before he is split in two.

Siegfried isn't a god tier skilled fighter, he's very good, but he has very noticeable dips in his Swordsmanship as noted by Astolfo when he's just starting a fight.

Wouldn't Natsu's aoe attacks work on him? A Fire Dragon's Roar would completely cover Sieg in flames including his back. I'm not really sure if I found the right scaling chain but it went like Sieg=Karna=Vlad=Altria=Excalibur=385 megatons. Natsu scales to 578 megatons.

So Natsu has the DC advantage(a small one, but still pretty decent), and AOE, which will help him get to Sieg's weakness, giving Natsu a huge advantage.

While Siegfried has the skill advantage(and Balmung enabling him to one shot if not restricted), correct?

I still don't really understand the whole armor buff deal though

I'm going to vote Natsu since he can just Fire Dragon's Roar Sieg and cover him up in flames, getting his back and burning him to a crisp.

Natsu can oneshot with the Roar since even a normal weak servant could kill Sieg if they hit him there and Natsu's attack will do more damage since it's dragon slaying.

AOE doesn't seem to work on the weak spot since Karna threw his MB(F) at both Sieg and 'fried but still managed to miss despite them being covered in the flames/explosion.

Plot armor in every single fight? Against the same guy? Against similar or stronger attacks each time? Thats some pretty consistent plot armor then. XD

AnonymousBlank said:
Plot armor in every single fight? Against the same guy? Against similar or stronger attacks each time? Thats some pretty consistent plot armor then. XD
They only fought once unless your counting the anime

This is Siegfried and Not Sieg, right?

Which means he can't spam Balmung like Sieg did, cause if it was Sieg I'll call this match a stomp and call it a day, however since it's Siegfried this gets a little more interesting, for one, Siegfried's Dragonslaying wouldn't work here, I know Natsu uses the power of a dragon but he isn't one, he made that pretty clear and so did Igneel, he's a human, and Natsu's Superior AP, Dragon Slaying, and AOE are gonna render Siegfried's Armor and Durability normal and allow Natsu to damage Siegfried, however this match could really go either way, Natsu could finish off Siegfried Begore he could use Balmung and win the match, or Siegfried gets to use Balmung and One shots Natsu, plus there's also the possibility Natsu could eat the fire like Energy Balmung Produces,

I go with Inconclusive I believe it's a 5/10 win for both of them

I still thinks It's a who strikes first deal, either Natsu gets Siegfrieds back or Siegfried Uses Balmung, I guess I can give the slight edge to Natsu since Siegfried isn't one to use Balmung right away and he probably wouldn't expect his armor to be nulled by Dragonslaying but it's still A 5.5/10 Victory for Natsu

I I vote Natsu with Extreme Difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back