• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i say before, i think we can fairly assume that scouters can track Ki at the speed of light.

As scouters can detect and keep track with Relativistic+ and FTL speeds characters.

Other that radars and similar devices in real life can also detect objects at the speed of light, and scouters should be able to perform at the same speed.
That would be calc stacking as far as I'm aware.

Since we're mostly on the same page, we'll just agree to disagree here.

Like I said, I could see hundreds of thousands of times for this, but not actually millions.

The only actions characters really do is shift their power faster than scouters can track, so I don't think you'll get any worthwhile calcs.

Scouters can easily detect speeds of FTL characters at close range. Scanning in real life works with light, so Goku moving so fast the scouter cannot register his location could work

Still doesn't seem very calcable, but how would you go about it exactly?

Also, it's shown that they only read him briefly and stop locking on (the numbers aren't there), and only Jiece's scouter is active later. So it's possibly just not locking on until he's in very close proximity.

Hell, if you're going by radar logic, would they even be able to sense that kind of speed? Of course, they have sensed FTL characters, but I think that more shows we can't set some kind of SoL limit.

Also, it's shown that they only read him briefly and stop locking on (the numbers aren't there), and only Jiece's scouter is active later. So it's possibly just not locking on until he's in very close proximity.
Didn't Dodoria and Zarbon's scouters track Vegeta and Cui's fight beside be far away from them without touching the devices?

Dodoria's could actively scan via proximity, and yet he needed to turn it on.

Also, Raditz's scouter senses power levels, defaults to distance once the farmer is dead, and then needs activation to sense power.

I think they automatically sense power, default to the closest person in proximity, and then need to be switched to sense power again. This could mean Goku outran its tracking, but it's vague.

Can somebody remind me what was suggested in this thread, and if it was applied already, please? Given that it seems like Damage and ByAsura reject the suggestion, do any edits need to be reverted based on this?

I think it's best to stop talking about the Dragon Balls altogether. But some points brought up by the Scouter has potiential.

We're literally talking about points we have already talked about many years ago. I have zero interest left in the current discussion. The dragon ball argument is bad. The scouter argument is worse because there is no way to calc it. We're just trying to establish some relation with its other functions that doesn't exist and is never explained, and it's going into headcanon territory. Given that it has already been rejected by most staff members present here, so I don't see any reason to keep wasting time and energy on these topics. I know I am being blunt but not every topic has to be drawn out for 3 pages before they are dropped. This thread has already been going on for ages, it is about time some execution took place.

Okay. I suppose that this thread has been rejected then. Do any revisions need to be reverted based on this?

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, this blog is near-unreadable. Is somebody willing to rework it so that it looks something like this instead. Note that the starting sections look much cleaner and provide better readability.

The heavy use of arrows need to be removed. We already have a speed blog so anything related to DBZ speed should preferably also removed. And the characters going in the megafoe range towards the end should also be removed.
We need to fix the blog if we are going to list it in the verse page.

We also need to downgrade the speed.

If that's what it's going to be, I'd prefer if a new blog was made from scratch. I already explained the importance of the arrows because even outside of multipliers, the existence of characters having many steps of A > B are still present. I'm fine if we want to remove it from the link, but I definitely do not want to nuke the blog outright. But making a separate blog that only includes AP in addition to the already made blog that includes speed and simplifies it by not mentioning all those in betweeners is fine to do on a new blog.

Okay. That is probably fine then. Is somebody willing to write the new blog?

I get the point about arrows but there are just too many and make the blog not very easy to read. Whether it is one arrow or a dozen, it only means they are unquantifiably higher and that is all we need to convey.

If somebody else wants to make a new concise blog for AP with the accepted numbers, removing the arrows and higher numbers toward the end, I'm okay with that. Otherwise, I can make it myself later.

The Parker Solar Probe didn't exist back when Dragon Ball was published, so I doubt that Method 1 would work in its current form to be honest. It would be more reasonable to scale it to the fastest manmade object that existed at the time.
The dragon ball Earthlings are much more technologically advanced than even our current modern technology, it would be fair to assume that their speeds surpass the parker solar probe.
What else do you want to comment on?

This calc of Super Perfect Cell destroying the Solar Sysrem is now accepted, and since the feat is accepted to use for AP, now it can also be used for speed.

This makes everyone superior to Super Perfect Cell MFTL+, and is very consistent with the multipliers for Kaioken and Super Saiyan

This calc of Super Perfect Cell destroying the Solar Sysrem is now accepted, and since the feat is accepted to use for AP, now it can also be used for speed.

I don't see how that is a valid speed calc. It uses a non-canonical source as the basis for the timeframe, as far as I can tell.

I don't see how that is a valid speed calc. It uses a non-canonical source as the basis for the timeframe, as far as I can tell.
How is it different than Piccolo's feat who used the anime timeframe for the speed? And Roshi's calc too?

For both of those feat it was agreed to use the anime's timeframe because the manga didn't provided any. And as for this feat, the same thing applies

How is it different than Piccolo's feat who used the anime timeframe for the speed? And Roshi's calc too?

For both of those feat it was agreed to use the anime's timeframe because the manga didn't provided any. And as for this feat, the same thing applies
I don't think that's a good argument, the anime is an adaption of the manga, but that video game is not any adaptation of the manga unless it's written by someone responsible for the story.

I don't think that's a good argument, the anime is an adaption of the manga, but that video game is not any adaptation of the manga unless it's written by someone responsible for the story.
All of those games are adaptations of the story as well. The feat mentioned here also appears in the manga, though it doesn't happen since well, Gohan won

The video game is not canonical adaptation of the manga. Unless someone has something proving otherwise.

And even then it would still be questionable since this would be the equivalent of "filler" in an anime, showing something that doesn't actually canonically happen.

The video game is not canonical adaptation of the manga. Unless someone has something proving otherwise.

And even then it would still be questionable since this would be the equivalent of "filler" in an anime, showing something that doesn't actually canonically happen.
The feat itself 100% canonically would've happened. Not only it also appeared in the manga and anime, but confirmed by many many guidebooks. That is why Cell is 4-B

The game however was the only one that showed what this would actually look like if Gohan loses.

As for non-canon, the anime is non-canon as well, yet we still use the anime adaptation for the manga for Roshi and Piccolo's feats

Maybe you could question the timeframe, which may be valid, but the feat itself is valid. It was stated in the manga (and in many other places), and the game showed that this would happen if Gohan lost

The feat itself 100% canonically would've happened. Not only it also appeared in the manga and anime, but confirmed by many many guidebooks. That is why Cell is 4-B

Not what I said. The feat may have taken place canonically in the manga, but not that game's depiction of it which is what I was getting at.

Not what I said. The feat may have taken place canonically in the manga, but not that game's depiction of it which is what I was getting at.
Yet we use non-canonical adaptations of the manga for other feats to get the timeframe. The anime isn't canon either to the manga yet we use it for Piccolo and Roshi's feats. However, I can adjust the calc to have it a different time frame if that's your issue with the calc

Imo, I think using the games for the timeframe isn’t totally unwarranted, as it’s an effort to accurately show what would have happened, but a bit iffy, cos it’s a game. considering Cell is stating he will blow away the solar system as well as the earth, it should be a pretty imminent threat. So maybe establish a high end of like, 10 min or something. Idk

Imo, I think using the games for the timeframe isn’t totally unwarranted, as it’s an effort to accurately show what would have happened, but a bit iffy, cos it’s a game. considering Cell is stating he will blow away the solar system as well as the earth, it should be a pretty imminent threat. So maybe establish a high end of like, 10 min or something. Idk
10 minutes is very low for something that would pretty much happen immediately

Glowing rat man, the problem is that we have no reference for how fast the feat is being performed is. I think even your calculation is flawed since the time frame in the game is not how fast the blast engulfs the solar system but actually only 1 astronomical unit which means the feat is only 80x FTL. So we will need to assume a time frame with no basis which will cause us to choose a very safe end which will not give us any relevant results.

I was feeling it was pretty fast, but since there’s no hard proof, I just said sone big amount of time
Given that everything basically implies that will happen very fast, I'll say the most amount of time will be 1 minute for this feat.
Glowing rat man
Excuse me?
, the problem is that we have no reference for how fast the feat is being performed is. I think even your calculation is flawed since the time frame in the game is not how fast the blast engulfs the solar system but actually only 1 astronomical unit which means the feat is only 80x FTL. So we will need to assume a time frame with no basis which will cause us to choose a very safe end which will not give us any relevant results.
We can probably make a safe low-end of 1 minute of 30 seconds, given that it's implied it would happen pretty fast, almost immediately even

Excuse me?
You, that is you. That is your name now.
We can probably make a safe low-end of 1 minute of 30 seconds, given that it's implied it would happen pretty fast, almost immediately even
1 minute end would yield 252x FTL, 30 seconds would be 505x FTL, 10 seconds would be 1516x FTL. All of which aren't really impressive when we're basically making an assumption with no basis, it's basically nothing compared to the multipliers though strangely consistent with Buu's feat. I will wait for the mods' opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back