• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z Anime Power Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were also both noted as being stronger than SS2 Gohan and the vastly superior SS3 Goku couldn't beat Kid Buu either.

Buu is already inconsistent at times, let alone trying to backscale SPC to a rating vastly above his stated ultimate attack which was only Solar System busting.
In the manga iirc goku said he wasnt that much stronger than ss2 cell saga gohan? Not sure if thatd apply to the anime. But you also have pikkon one shotting spc so make what you will of that.

Not sure if thatd apply to the anime. But you also have pikkon one shotting spc so make what you will of that.
That's exactly what I mean. Goku after training in the other world was already vastly stronger than SPC through Pikon scaling. Let alone after 7 years of constant training and two superior forms.

We just cannot backscale Cell Sga people to Buu Saga people

Size and distances should also be the same on the inside AFAIK, but I think @DarkDragonMedeus and @AKM sama should be able to explain in more detail, they're the most knowledgeable on this.
I am not sure what is meant by outside of the globe and inside. But the lower half of the globe is the mortal universe and the upper half is the afterlife. The afterlife is easily at least the size of the universe.

I am not sure what is meant by outside of the globe and inside. But the lower half of the globe is the mortal universe and the upper half is the afterlife. The afterlife is easily at least the size of the universe.
I think Damage is asking if the scale of the globe from the outside accurately represents the size of the inside content (Like the inside actually being shown as large like we see from the outside), assuming the whole "observable universe" is in the middle of the Mortal Universe and whatnot. Could be wrong, but I think that's the gist.

Also the globe shows the Mortal Universe to be slightly smaller than the Afterlife. The Afterlife is only a tiny bit wider in diameter.

I think Damage is asking if the scale of the globe from the outside accurately represents the size of the inside content (Like the inside actually being shown as large like we see from the outside), assuming the whole "observable universe" is in the middle of the Mortal Universe and whatnot. Could be wrong, but I think that's the gist.

Also the globe shows the Mortal Universe to be slightly smaller than the Afterlife. The Afterlife is only a tiny bit wider in diameter.
That is more or less my question, yeah.

Shouldn't Super Buu and Vegito be slightly higher? Since Super Buu absorbed Ultimate Gohan, who while weaker than Buutenks was still strong enough to fight and damage him.

Not sure what I remembered what is being discussed; for example. Not sure why Ginyu saga Goku is assumed a 50x multiplier based on a hypothetical "Super Saiyan" statement I forgot to mention but remembered it being proposed in the blog.

And the other concern is why it's being assumed Cell Games saga base Goku is exactly as strong as Frieza saga Kaioken x4 Goku, especially considering he did get a zenkai during the Cell games right before Cell's self destruction attack. I'm still iffy on that.

Did Gohan damage Buutenks once? I honestly don't remember if he did
In the manga he got unanimously clapped for 5 to 30 minutes and the most he did was blow up a ki blast one time.

The anime stretched it out and I thought they traded blows at one point before Gohan started to get wrecked.

And the other concern is why it's being assumed Cell Games saga base Goku is exactly as strong as Frieza saga Kaioken x4 Goku, especially considering he did get a zenkai during the Cell games right before Cell's self destruction attack. I'm still iffy on that
My main concern is that there's some scaling that exists where it's downscaling Goku's base form from Kaio-Ken and SS1 but it doesn't explain it, so there's just weird random jumps that you would need to look further in the blog to retroactively justifying.

Not sure what I remembered what is being discussed; for example. Not sure why Ginyu saga Goku is assumed a 50x multiplier based on a hypothetical "Super Saiyan" statement I forgot to mention but remembered it being proposed in the blog.

And the other concern is why it's being assumed Cell Games saga base Goku is exactly as strong as Frieza saga Kaioken x4 Goku, especially considering he did get a zenkai during the Cell games right before Cell's self destruction attack. I'm still iffy on that.
Also the size of the contents of the U7 Globe. Damage wants to know if the size we see from the outside is the same as on the inside. Which I said yes because DB Kai showed the globe in full.

That is more or less my question, yeah.
The contents on the inside are obviously not drawn to scale but it's safe to say that if the globe is divided in between the intent is to depict that half of it is mortal realm (+demon realm) and half is the afterlife. Herms' collective guide which he made on the basis of different Daizenshuus also explains it as the top half being the afterlife and bottom half being the mortal realm (+demon realm) but he didn't provide the exact Daizenshuu source for his collective guide.

Okay. No problem. Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:
Goku scaling to Bardock is weird when Bardock has a notably higher power level.

The downscaling should be explained better. Like Goku's base form rating in Namek being 1/10th of the scaling for Frieza.

Base Buu Saga Goku being 4-A is still questionable imo. Since the only form that fights Kid Buu is SS3 which is far beyond SS1 and SS2. Only SS2 and higher Goku would scale to Kid Buu's feat and that's solely because Vegeta wasn't instantly killed but still curbstomped by Kid Buu.

Goku scaling to Bardock is weird when Bardock has a notably higher power level.
Again, Goku doesn't directly scale to Bardock

He scales to King Vegeta's casual feat as King Vegeta with PL of 10,000 did the feat he scales to casually, so Goku with PL of 8000 (which isn't far off from 10,000) can scale to that casual feat

He scales to King Vegeta's casual feat as King Vegeta with PL of 10,000 did the feat he scales to casually, so Goku with PL of 8000 (which isn't far off from 10,000) can scale to that casual feat
PLs are not linear like that. Nappa stomped multiple people with a similar gap, as did Raditz.

Goku being 8,000 means he just does not scale at all to someone with a PL of 10,000 until he reaches that threshold.

PLs are not linear like that. Nappa stomped multiple people with a similar gap, as did Raditz.
No he didn't? Raditz was more than 3 times above Piccolo and Goku, and Gohan's rage with PL of 900 did a lot of damage to Raditz, even when the gap between Gohan and Raditz is much bigger than 8,000 compared to 10,000

Nappa also stomped people that weren't even half his PL. The best of them was Gohan with PL of 2,800 and even then it was with one attack

No he didn't? Raditz was more than 3 times above Piccolo and Goku, and Gohan's rage with PL of 900 did a lot of damage to Raditz, even when the gap between Gohan and Raditz is much bigger than 8,000 compared to 10,000

Nappa also stomped people that weren't even half his PL. The best of them was Gohan with PL of 2,800 and even then it was with one attack
Full Power Piccolo had a Power Level of 3,500 during their fight against the saiyans .
images

It's a gap of less than 2000, same as Goku and Bardock.

There's just no support for backscaling from power levels imo.

It's a gap of less than 2000, same as Goku and Bardock.
It doesn't matter how big in number the gap is. What matters is the ratio between the character power level and the opposing power level

The bigger the ratio to any side, the harder the character with the advantage stomps

Even if that's the case, Krillin and Gohan one-shot two Frieza Soldiers and were stated to have power levels around 1500 immediately afterward.

Please stop derailing the thread, i already fixed the Goku and Bardock part of the scaling.

Even if that's the case, Krillin and Gohan one-shot two Frieza Soldiers and were stated to have power levels around 1500 immediately afterward.
Krillin and Gohan got their potential unlocked on Namek and were then able to fight Ginyu-Goku with PL of 23000. No wonder the soldiers got one shotted

They also could one shot Guldo

There's still in error on the Super Perfect Cell/SSJ2 Teen Gohan section. A 50x speed multiplier is being used for Gohan but not Cell despite it being stated that Gohan isn't quite faster than Cell. By the looks of the following lists, it looks like Super Perfect Cell should be 219 quadrillion FTL.

But looks good other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back