• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
SomebodyData said:
Hold on, were you being serious? @Joh
Vegeta vs Black round 1. Black impales him.

Vegeta vs Black round 2. Vegeta says uncle.

Vegeta vs Black round 3. Vegeta gets **********.

So yeah, Vegeta took a total of three L's.

you mean when they didn't know blacks strength after evolving. No 2 was still not enough blah blah. No 3 he was demoting black to oblivion until he evolved with his rage and scythe...

TISSG7Redgrave said:
you mean when they didn't know blacks strength after evolving. No 2 was still not enough blah blah. No 3 he was demoting black to oblivion until he evolved with his rage and scythe...
You do realize that Saiyans have no limits therefore they evolve when they fight just like Hit, correct? That's the main reason of how both Goku and Vegeta gets stronger by becoming angry. Or else how did Super Saiyan Anger or Super Saiyan Blue Evolution happened? What happened to Black and what he did was normal.

Well first off, if you're being serious about a downgrade, make a CRT for it.

As for Goku Black rekting Post-HTC Vegeta:

1. Goku Black's Zenkais are unusually broken, but he was beating Black before then.

2. Comparing to Manga Black is pretty unfair, Anime Black is significantly superior in every catergory in terms of stats.

Yes powering up by using a technique is a normal thing in Dragon ball, still doesn't change the fact it's a power up.

Peter1129 said:
What Black did was by no means normal. He improves way too fast even for a Saiyan.
  • cough*Trunks's asspull.*cough*
  • cough*Vegeta's asspull.*cough*
  • cough*Goku's asspull.*cough*
  • cough*Caulifla's asspull.*cough*
  • cough*Kale's asspull.*cough*
  • cough*Cabba's asspull.*cough*
I can keep going.

Those were with transformations. Goku Black straight up dramatically improves his power mid battle without transformations.

Peter1129 said:
Those were with transformations. Goku Black straight up improves his power mid battle without transformations.
Yeah because Caulifla learned Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 in a single episode momentarily each other during a fight without training in her entire life is just transformations....

Those are just transformations. She's already strong enough to unlock them. She didn't do anything similar to Goku Black where he increased his power many times over by taking damage.

Peter1129 said:
Those are just transformations. She's already strong enough to unlock them. She didn't do anything similar to Goku Black where he increased his power many times over by taking damage.
Again my point is, what happened to or what Black did is as "normal" as it can get to a Saiyan compared to those six other Saiyans that I mentioned. I mean they all got a new random transformations without any explanations or reasons during their fight a.k.a. asspulls. How is that anything normal for a Saiyan? If that's the case, then why did the entire Saiyan Genocide thing happened? Because of plot?

@JCN

Didn't you already make a thread regarding this downgrade months back which was debunked and rejected. I'll answer your points later but if you want some statistics changed, you'll have to make a CRT.

its explained by zenkai? While black went by a ridiculous rate it isn't that unreasonable in some way because there is one way to explain via zenkai. And yes CRT is the way to go but if this was done before it's pretty redunctant

Saiyans get stronger by a mix of adaptational ability, rage boost and a semi-inconsistent boost when close to death.

Black seemed that just being hurt could give him a boost, not even without getting close to near death

@JohnCenaNatio

1./2. What are you talking about? Goku unlocked a new transformation and performed a feat with infinite 3-D power with his presence alone. Jiren took a step and did the same feat. With multiple statements from reliable sources stating that Jiren and Goku were on another level entirely from any other person they faced before, which includes Infinite Zamasu. Said strength coming from a new form and new antagonist respectively, it is not an outlier, there are no other feats to prove the Void feats are wrong. Both Goku and Jiren have said infinite power, why are you denying it? It is literally what happened.

3. Seriously? You think a lack of consistency in power growth when it comes to training is what proves your argument right? You do know everyone in Super grew unfathomably stronger in a much shorter amount of time, right? It is even a meme. Look at Piccolo, Goha, 17, or Frieza for some examples of this. I can prove what I said was right because it is what actually happened in the show. Just because a show lacks consistency and good writing doesn't mean you can dictate how strong characters are because of it.

4. What the **** does Beerus or Hermes's translation of an Akira Toriyama statement have anything to do with what I said? I said that the uber-suppressed Jiren that fought first-time ULO Goku scales above Infinite Zamasu, not above Beerus. Beerus isn't the baseline Low 2-C character in Super, that's Infinite Zamasu, and even a suppressed Jiren scales above him as stated by multiple sources in the show.

Also what the ****? When did I attack or insinuate that I was going to or have been attacking Akira Toriyama? I would never do such a thing, and nothing I have written has said any different.

5. What do you even mean? What does Supreme Kai's reputability have anything to do with the Red Ribbon Army or any of those other things you mentioned. Supreme Kai is a reputable source and is perfectly capable of sensing and comparing power levels.

6. Perspiration =/= Fear

Why don't you actually pay attention to the scenes you are talking about?

Whis is the one who makes a jab at Beerus asking if he was scared and Beerus states that he wasn't scared and clarifies that he is just shocked and inquisitive about Goku not using Kaio-Ken in their fight because of how useful of a techneqie it seems to be.

With Jiren and Goku in the ToP, Beerus is seen questioning how one mortal could grow so strong. A completely different scenario, and not comparable when put into the greater context.

And wait, are talking about that quote from Whis in the RoF movie? Are you joking? That's not canon anymore, the Super-version is what is canon. And at no time was it stated in the Anime that Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta teaming up could take on Beerus.

HrishikeshM said:
will new gogeta get a new page or a new key in the old page?
He will get a new profile which will go in the Fusions section of our main DB page. While the old profile will remain in the Anime/Movies/OVAs section.

@SD @Dark

Regarding Son Goku (Toei):

1. Power Bestowal should be removed - It is the ability to grant others new abilities or even new forms. What characters do in DBZ is just give their energy to others. That's more like stat amp than power bestowal. Otherwise, every character who gives energy to the spirit bomb or how Goku and Freeza gave energy to each other would be considered as power bestowal.

2. Non-Physical Interaction - When did it happen? I don't remember this.

3. "At least Dwarf Star level (Exceedingly surpasses non-canon Saiyan Saga Vegeta even in his base form). Can reach Small Star level with Kaio-ken to Large Star level as a False Super Saiyan (Gave a beating to Lord Slug, then pierced through him with Kaio-ken after being charged by Piccolo's energy)." -

I think there is some mistake here. Goku reaching Small Star level with Kaioken x100 is fine. But the difference between Vegeta's feat from which he scales to and Large Star level is over 6000x.

1] The other characters gave their ki to Goku, its not Power Bestowal.

2] It happened in: Dbz plan to eradicate the Saiyans/Super Saiyans. [There are three version: the 90's game and animated ones and the 2010's animated one].

3] King Kai stated unless he missed his guess that Slug is stronger than Frieza and the False Super Saiya, however the latter never sensed Frieza in this continuity and the big jump might be problematic since Piccolo had his energy lowered from his previous fights to a nearly fainted Goku, the Kaioken he did after is likely x100 and not much higher than that, so Low 4-C False SS Goku and Young Slug is consistent.

Correct me if there's some dub error, or something, but Goku's Kaioken x3 Kamehameha was equal to Vegeta's Galick Gu and his 4x surpassed it. I don't think it is since he's shown powering up and that's how it happened in literally all depictions.

I'm not saying that Goku's Kaioken x3 isn't stronger than Vegeta (that'd contradict what happened), just that it wasn't the one in the beam struggle.

2. Okay.

3. Yes, King Kai admitted that it was just guesswork. He could miss his guess and be wrong, which seems to be the case here. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense. Low 4-C False SS Goku and Young Slug is consistent.

AKM sama said:
1. In the anime, Piccolo says these exact words: "At the moment of the explosion, he escaped from being bound up in there at super-speed." And then Gohan was like- "He did something that amazing in just an instant?"
you are interpreting it wrong...piccolos sentence is made up of two parts, the first part says "at the moment of explosion" and the second part says "'goku' escaped from being bound up in there 'ar' super speed"...

the second part of statement basically straigt up implies that goku got out of frieza's paralysis, the first part only tells when he did it....it does not matter if he escaped before the explosion or at the last second, or in just that instant....the point still stands that he got out of it

also nowhere it is said that frieza's paralysis stopped working the moment the explosion took place, meanwhile piccolo straigt up says that goku was "bound up" when he escaped from it....escaped from being bound up means escaped from paralysis

ya so it should not be "possible" resistance like it is currently on the page....it should just be straigt up resistance to paralysis (not resistance to paralysis inducement, because then it will mean that he can not be paralysis induced), only resistance to paralysis because he can just resist and break out of it

tldr....just remove the words "possible" and "inducement" from his page

Saiyan Saga Goku Lifting Strength should be Below Average Human because he was unable to lift an apple at 10 times gravity

Ugarik said:
Saiyan Saga Goku Lifting Strength should be Below Average Human because he was unable to lift an apple at 10 times gravity
That's a nice joke because Goku starts as Class 1 at the beginning of the series, reaches Class 100 after Roshi training, and is likely Class K against Piccolo

Ugarik said:
If you're not kidding: IIRC he was just surprised at the weight of apple. Otherwise a silly PIS, since he was lifting his own weight at that time which is more than 10 apples btw.

Not to mention in the very first chapter of DB he lifted Bulma's car along with her.

If you were kidding, just ignore this.

HrishikeshM said:
ya so it should not be "possible" resistance like it is currently on the page....it should just be straigt up resistance to paralysis (not resistance to paralysis inducement, because then it will mean that he can not be paralysis induced), only resistance to paralysis because he can just resist and break out of it
tldr....just remove the words "possible" and "inducement" from his page
After going through the manga, Piccolo says the same thing there too- "He escaped from his paralysis..." The anime scene was identical to the manga scene. So perhaps canon Goku also gets the same resistance as his anime counterpart.

Capturea

see here also piccolo says that goku escaped from frieza's paralysis...means frieza's paralysis was still in effect at the time of explosion when goku escaped from it.....

Oh no he's way stronger since most of the time every new villain is stronger than the last. Broly's Base form alone is much stronger than the First UIS he's probably closer in power to the Second UIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back