• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even basic stuff like the scene where Krillin asks Goku to punch him really hard and then in the next scene 18 is applying medicine to his swollen eye with a cotton stick.

Little things like that give the series a lot more time to breathe and make you appreciate the story progression and character development more.

@Blanked its understandable, the Arale vs Goku episode was more original DB comedy than the baseball's sort of parody comedy, so its more of a different taste scenerio.

Beerus and Champa's interactions are hilarious. So is Vados always trolling Champa. And the two Zenos are hilarious. And there are other little things that the show throws in there that's funny, like Vegeta commenting on Frieza's halo, or Hit throwing his match against Monaka.

The show is solid when it comes to comedy.

I love the slice of life stuff. Why? Because, it feels like Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball Super is literally a fusion between DB and DBZ. It has the action style of DBZ. But has the comedic and slice of life nature of DB. The slice of life stuff add to the experience. It also makes these characters feel, a lot more...how should I say...productive? They are shown to be more than fighters that care for only fighting. They show us what the characters do outside of battle. Honestly, while it is nowhere as well written as the other two series objectively. Subjectively, I love Super WAAAAAAAY more than I like DB or DBZ. Unpopular opinion I know, but I feel that DBS is just more fun to watch. They bring in more varied characters other than the usual protein junkies. I mean yeah we have One Glare Man, but we also had MetallicaDragon, Sailor Love, The Badass Assassin with Time Powers (My favorite type of power in fiction), The Big Bad Wolf x3, T-1000 and need I mention the variety in Gods of Destruction?

Jeez...I'm just in a rambling mood today....

Agreed. This current arc is by far my favorite arc in all of DB period just by how fun it is to watch. It has made characters like Roshi seem more badass then the 3-A's he's surrounded by. They created the meme that is Jiren. Super even gave YAMCHA some shine. Let's think about that...

Super has took the time to give various characters neglected since the Classic the time to shine. Tien, Roshi and Krillin becoming relevant again. The return of Future Trunks and of Android 17.

Freeza being fantastic as always.

Currently Toei has done Freeza so right, at first I was against Freeza coming back yet again but it proved to be worthwhile in the end.

Also, I'm glad they spend so much time setting up the Tournament of Power. It felt like you were actually waiting for a real world Sports Competition to begin in the months of waiting.

And they spent time setting up and hyping every universe, even the ones who turned out to be shit. Like, they spent a lot of time hyping up Nigrisshi only for Cabba to one-shot him easily.

That was a really unexpected moment. If they didn't set up Nigrisshi and just had him randomly show up and be one-shot nobody would have cared.

I have a love/hate relationship with Dragon Ball Super.

There are things I like (World Building, Feats, Slice of Life Episodes) and don't like (Artwork, Ass-pulls with Random Unexplained Transformations, Bad and Lazy Writing) .

But the last two arcs have really upped the enjoyment factor.

Every week I'm excited to watch a new episode to see what's happening.

Though I'll probably never say I like Dragon Ball Super more than Z or original DB, because it's objectively worse.

The World Building for the DBU as a whole in Super is definitely better than Z. Which is one of the reasons I liked Super more than Z. That and the fact that it introduced many characters with decent hax.

Honestly, people are letting nostalgia overwrite they're judgment of Classic Dragon Ball Z. Try and reading the Cell or Buu Saga Mangas. Super honestly has a much better writing than those arcs.

Freeza is much more interesting Super.

Sidra: Isnt there anything in your universe u cherish?!

Freeza: I have absolutely no idea what ur talking about.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Honestly, people are letting nostalgia overwrite they're judgment of Classic Dragon Ball Z. Try and reading the Cell or Buu Saga Mangas. Super honestly has a much better writing than those arcs.
Cell Saga is honestly my favorite arc.

"ÕÑ│Òü«Õ¡ÉÒü«ÒéêÒüåÒü¬Õº┐ÒéÆÒüùÒüƒþäíÚ鬵░ùÒü¬Õñ®õ¢┐"

"On'nanoko no yōna sugata o shita mujakina tenshi"

This could simply be read as "An innocent angel with a feminine appearance".

Matthew Schroeder said:
"ÕÑ│Òü«Õ¡ÉÒü«ÒéêÒüåÒü¬Õº┐ÒéÆÒüùÒüƒþäíÚ鬵░ùÒü¬Õñ®õ¢┐"

"On'nanoko no yōna sugata o shita mujakina tenshi"

This could simply be read as "An innocent angel with a feminine appearance".
But why stating a female having feminine appearance when she is a female?

"An innocent angel with a figure like a girl"

This is what Google Translate gives me.

I guess it could be either "An innocent angel with a girly figure" or "An innocent angel with a figure like a girl's".

Not saying it's impossible if Cus is a boy "That'd be neat". But not completely confirmed.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
I think by "girl" they mean she looks like a little girl. As in, she doesn't look like an adult woman.
This is probably likely as well. As hilarious as peoples' reactions to Cus being a male would be, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back