• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
His body reacts automatically, he doesnt need to see the attacks, think about reacting and all that stuff.

His body will react on its own allowing him to think up plans or stuff, sneak attacks won't work either seemingly.

FateAlbane said:
Well yeah, but that kind of thing happens in many series, if we don't go by the limits shown many powers become invincible.

Also Jiren was still keeping up with UI Goku and I'm relatively sure there will be people like the Grand Priest who can outclass him in that state. Thus, taking "any danger" to its literal extreme would be too much.
Yeah thats true but with mastering ultra instinct Jiren could not hit Goku, not once. So its a defense ability not a offense one I think. So in that case the Grand Priest should take out Jiren easy.

Then UI is useless by this logic

Imagine an attack from point blank that you can't react on not cause of speed but position, well with UI your body will react on it.

From what we know the only person Grand Priest can't take out easily is Zeno lol.

Spidey sense is precognition though. Ultra Instinct is probably more similar to (not to start a war) Superman's Theta State. Or what the real life Bruce Lee talked about when he said "Don't think. Feel!".

FateAlbane said:
Well yeah, but that kind of thing happens in many series, if we don't go by the limits shown many powers become invincible.
Also Jiren was still keeping up with UI Goku and I'm relatively sure there will be people like the Grand Priest who can outclass him in that state. Thus, taking "any danger" to its literal extreme would be too much.
Haven't been following the conversation here, but the short version is that Ultra Instinct, while it does make Goku faster, doesn't make it impossible to blitz him if you're far faster.

It just makes it so he can react to any attack that comes his way, but good luck putting that to use if he can't dodge it.

Note that this isn't addressed to your comment, I'm just trying to explain the whole thing.

KamiYasha said:
Full chapter 29 raw of the Manga.As always showing that manga>>>Anime
Yeah I'm already enjoying the first half of this arc more in the manga. The other Gods and Angels actually feel more like characters, and the God rumble was brutal.

Toppo soundly beating Goku was a nice touch also. He didn't run over CSSB, he just struck a critical blow at the right moment.

Belmod > the other gods lmao played it smart and remained unscratched. Also by feats Belmod > everyone else lol

FTW395 said:
FateAlbane said:
Does that make Jiren even worse in the manga as he's superior to Belmod?
How does that make him worse?
Because Manga Belmod seems to be stronger than all other GoDs while in the anime he's just one among them, IIRC. I may be wrong, tho.

Anime Belmod is probably a Mid-High Tier GoD considering that he is supposedly at least stronger than Beerus.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, i've to disagree. A series doesn't need slice of life chapters in order to pull off character development.

Even less if the series is as QUITE straightforward as DBS. Pretty sure they can do it without those kind of chapters.

Well yeah I agree, however, they haven't done that.

So what I'm saying is that currently, for the most part, the slice of life parts are where most of the character development has been. Thus, the manga not having it right now puts it in a disadvantage.

What makes the DBS Manga suck is how completely short it is. The chapters are short as is, and the story has no breathing room and is always covering major events at a breakneck pace.

Because it is, at the end of the day, just an advertisement for the anime and it can't afford to progress on its own pace. This is why they skipped the RoF Arc.

Seriously, we are only at Chapter 29 and we are ALREADY in the Tournament of Power.

As a result, nothing really sticks with you and the manga has no memorable fights or moments. Most of the fights last like, 10 pages anyway.

Blanked said:
DBS hilarious? When exactly? I didn't watch everything so i guess i might have missed something.
The Dr. Slump episode is a good example.

Or the Yamcha Baseball episode.

Or Super Saiyan Mr. Satan.

Arale vs Goku ep was funny? I guess it's personal point of view, but i didn't find any of that funny... actually just dumb.

I did like the baseball match thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back