• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit The Badass said:
Lol so Jiren is basically a buffed Jaco?

Well they're both clearly based off of alien greys so Jiren is Big Grey and Jaco is Little Grey.

Jiren: "Call me that again and I'll snap your neck!"

Krillin: "Well I don't think you should be friends with him, Little Grey!"

If Hit is able to improve as he fights jiren to the point where he is giving him more trouble then goku did then that means vegeta is ****** when they have their rematch.

The improvement is bullshit, he will improve when the plot need him to, he didn't improve when he fought Goku

ZERO7772 said:
The improvement is bullshit, he will improve when the plot need him to, he didn't improve when he fought Goku

It's implied that he can consciously choose to improve (and not to). When he was fighting Goku, Vados clearly explained that Hit was enjoying the fight in a competitive sense, even going so far to say that he's not an assassin in this fight, but a true warrior, or something along those lines. And in their previous fight in the first tournament, Hit explains that he never thought to improve because he never needed to. Him saying that he never thought to implies that he improves at will.

In short, Hit's Self-Improvement is quite a broken hax, but why put it down and call it bullshit when Dragon Ball is in great need of characters with abusive hax?

So English dub Hit has the same VA as McCree from Overwatch. Now I'm imagining High Noon combined with Time Skip and how OP it would be.

Wnder what happens to Ribrianne tho

We see she turns into a butterfly Cupid thing but it seems her and Goku are gonna fight too. I'm not sure she will be thrown off cause she's one of the main fighters in the ToP, and I doubt would be eliminated before those universe 3 fodders, but there's no way she would just be allowed to escape from the fight, especially when Jimeze has been eliminated

Unpopular opinion but I hope she stays on till the end

I hope that goku eliminate her, almost everyone hate her.

Jinx666 said:
Unpopular opinion but I hope she stays on till the end

I hope she makes it to the end too. I like her. And it's been hinted at that this will happen. Some of the deities exempt from the tournament were noting how formidable U2 is, and that they believe they'll survive to the end. They are U11's counterpart, so it makes sense that they would be formidable.

With that said though, I kinda hope Brianne has another transformation above her Ribrianne form.

Well, she is getting a new transformation of sorts, with those wings and energy bow, but I doubt she's getting a transformation like Sailor Moon tho. That would completely swap everyone's view on her lol

I honestly don't see where the Ribrianne hate comes from. I think she's a totally meh and forgettable character, but a bunch of people are acting like she's the worst thing ever and that she's ruining Dragon Ball Super. Some even saying she's worst than GT Pan or Dragonball Evolution.

Hst master said:
People are only saying that about her over her transformation sequence
Its the smallest things these days
She spent half of the episode transforming...

I don't hate her too much like many, many other fans do. But I thought she was whiney, disrespectful and a character they obnoxiously put in your face despite not really adding much to the story. I wish they had Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo or anyone else have that spot. I of course respect anyone's opinion otherwise.

To me the worst DB character was Dolltaki. Horrible design, terrible voice, awful personality, lame powers, stupid name and contributed to nothing but adding creepy predator vibes to the series.

I've never even heard of Dolltaki. I've actually never once finished GT or even gotten half-way through it. As huge of a Dragon Ball fan I am, I just couldn't keep interest after getting up to episode 15 or so. Pan as a character didn't annoy so much as the show it self annoyed me.

So me mildly liking Pan is based off of the first 15 or so episodes I saw of her. lol

IMO GT has better concepts and ideas than Super but Super has better execution.

The first half of gt unironically is ass though, Baby onwards is decent though with the end of gt Nouva onwards actually being some of the best db in general.

This might be an ill-informed opinion, but from what I've seen, I feel like Super has better character design too. Like nobody who debuted in GT, or is just primarly known as a GT character (like Pan who technically debuted in Z) tops the likes of Beerus, Whis, Hit, Black, Zamasu etc...

I wish GT was filled with more moments like Goku and Vegeta fighting Syn Shenron and less Pan hijinks, cringeworthy "Goku's hungry" jokes and creepy Dolltaki scenes.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Like nobody who debuted in GT, or is just primarly known as a GT character (like Pan who technically debuted in Z) tops the likes of Beerus, Whis, Hit, Black, Zamasu etc...
I agree with this except that SSJ4 was better than any of Super's new Goku forms.

I have mixed feelings about SSJ4. Although I will say I really love the look of Ultimate Shenron. Had a very classic Japanese dragon look with a very detailed design, and seeing his head eclipse the Lookout made him really intimidating. I almost want to say he looks cooler Super Shenron (who I also like) and regular Shenron.

I always thought he just looked like a bigger, red Shenron whereas Super Shenron at least looks like a different dragon but to each their own.

EDIT: Looked him up and Ultimate Shenron also had kinda a fatter face and slightly different shaped horns. However I still prefer Super Shenron.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Ultimate Shenron's design is based on classic Japanese dragons, where as Shenron is based on classic Chinese dragons. Granted, both types of dragons look similar, so I guess you have to appretiate the subtlies to really like either of them individually.

I do like how Super Shenron looks more different than both. He has more of a Western dragon look. I just kind of wish his design had a little bit more detail other than being pure gold.

Hst master said:
People are only saying that about her over her transformation sequence
Its the smallest things these days
Its more because she's fat tbh

I've heard like 90% of Ribrianne rants containing the word "fat"

Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back