• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like said before, Whis never said that this mortal was stronger than a GoD. He said that the GoD "can't beat him".

He's says that in the context of this being a tournament where one of the main themes is "strength isn't everything". And Whis already hasn't really been referring to fighting power in his statements, claiming that this GoD is "stronger than Beerus" even though he only beat Beerus in an arm wrestling contest, which doesn't even mean all that much in terms of lifting strength, let alone combat ability. And we know that Beerus can't sense the U4 fighters.

So I think it's entirely possible that one of the U4 is this mortal just cause Quitela "can't beat him" due to not being able to find him. But actual strengthwise Jiren is still the one around GoD Level.

I repeat that the cards have inaccurate informations such as Roshi being knocked out by Frost in the link i posted. Lastly i'm sure that Jiren can easily defeat Monna, Damom and Gamisaras.

What does that have to do with anything? If the card is wrong about Jiren being GoD Level that only furthers the point that he isn't the mortal. What "you're pretty sure of" is irrelevent unless we get further information to support your theory. We already know that GoDs can't sense the U4 fighters and at least in the manga that Quitela is the one who beat Beerus. The ToP isn't all about strength. The exact wording is that the GoD "can't beat him". And Whis already wasn't referring to fighting power in his previous statements, with his loose definition of the GoD being "stronger than" Beerus.

So there are things that at least somewhat support the U4 fighter not out of strength but by being unable to be found. Also even if Jiren could beat the U4 fighters it'd just mean that he can deal with invisibility and Quitela can't. It doesn't immediately mean overall that Belmod isn't the superior fighter. Him or other GoDs can still have techniques Jiren can't deal with, greater power, greater general fighting ability besides one specific thing, etc.

And why can't one of those fighters be superior to the other or have some sort of special ability that at least makes them unable to be "beaten" by Quitela over the other?

Vegan Gains said:
It's probably been said before, but, does anyone else think Jiren's character design is pretty bland ?
It seems like a strange fusion of Superman and Mewtwo.

I thought Jiren's design was bland at first, but I've grown to like his look. Quite frankly, I can't think of another instance where someone designed the stereotypical grey alien to be a buff superhero. It's a good mix really.

I like Jiren's design for the reasons Melee said, but I think his personality is quite bland. Hopefully he'll be more fleshed out later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back