• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I'm gonna be frank, vsbw should not have a strict policy for using other languages, outside of staff/content revision threads
people could use inappropriate language and not realize it because they don't understand the language (and the wiki wouldn't censure it)
As an example, a quarter of what a certain user in another thread usually says

In Dr. Slump, characters can go into books as fictionoal mediums. Like, they literally get transported into the book by shrinking into them, and when they do, the book has it's own universe, it's own world, and it's own characters. So, shouldn't this be R>F?
Maybe, but that makes the books 11-C since Arale's world is the "base" reality.

Wdym? I'm confused
In regards to R>F, whether or not something is considered 1-A or 11-C is dependent on what is considered the base reality. The books are treated as they're "below" the "normal" world of Dr. Slump where Arale and co. live and we as the reader spend the most time. Toriyama's world where he and his editor live (assuming R>F is true for that) is considered "above" Arale's world and would be 1-A.

In Dr. Slump, characters can go into books as fictionoal mediums. Like, they literally get transported into the book by shrinking into them, and when they do, the book has it's own universe, it's own world, and it's own characters. So, shouldn't this be R>F?
I find Hax more immersive than R>F. And speaking of the books, they would fall into the 11-C category because the characters have to adapt to enter the world of the book. So there's no clear R>F in that; unless they tell us that entering the book implies some difference with the base reality that is Arale's world. If not, then nothing, it would go into the Hax I said, I think.

No, there is more than one reason to that:
  1. Pretty sure that they aren´t portrayed as being Qualitatively Superior to the world in the book
  2. The characters being able to normally enter on the Non-1-A world would automatically count as an anti-feat for them being 1-A
It seems just like Immersion to me, similar to how Mario entering on the worlds inside the paintings in Super Mario 64 ins´t a proof of R>F Transcendence

1-A Yahoo man confirmed
Indeed:

I'm gonna be frank, vsbw should not have a strict policy for using other languages, outside of staff/content revision threads
i disagree, not everyone can understand your language, not everyone can understand mine either

from experience, allowing multiple languages in 1 community bores members and ruins conversations

thinking about it, the scaling from the cell saga all the way to the buu saga is so interconnected that if we upgrade kid buu, cell would also get upgraded

toriyama really gave the entire verse 3-4 scaling chains

thinking about it, the scaling from the cell saga all the way to the buu saga is so interconnected that if we upgrade kid buu, cell would also get upgraded
I mean the whole reason why Cell Games Gohan is so strong is just because he Upscales from his Buu Saga self

no? it's because he's stronger than SPC
buu saga gohan is the one who downscales
Oh whoops I ws thinking about a different scaling chain, where the 4-B feat doesn't downscale to physicals

Speaking of which I should prepare that thread, Frieza's updated star calc, and DBS Manga

what's that about?
I'll just go over each one:

1. Solar Kamehameha Downscaling Removed
It was accepted in two threads that Cell Games Gohan and Cell would no longer have their 4-B charged attacks downscale to their physicals. No CRT was made to discuss the AP values/tiering.

2. Frieza Destroys Planet Vegeta Re-Calc
A thread was made to to upgrade Frieza's calc of destroying Planet Vegeta since the size for average Planets got buffed. The CRT eventually got accepted and another CRT was made to discuss the AP values/tiering. But it became a mess as many changes were made throughout the thread and no mods were interested any longer.

3. DBS Manga Downgrade
A downgrade CRT was made for the DBS Manga, that made RoF Goku no longer 2-C in base. No CRT was made to discuss the AP values/tiering.

I do think it's highly possibly to handle all of this in one CRT, and I do plan to be the one to do that in some time (hopefully soon).

I'll just go over each one:

1. Solar Kamehameha Downscaling Removed
It was accepted in two threads that Cell Games Gohan and Cell would no longer have their 4-B charged attacks downscale to their physicals. No CRT was made to discuss the AP values/tiering.

2. Frieza Destroys Planet Vegeta Re-Calc
A thread was made to to upgrade Frieza's calc of destroying Planet Vegeta since the size for average Planets got buffed. The CRT eventually got accepted and another CRT was made to discuss the AP values/tiering. But it became a mess as many changes were made throughout the thread and no mods were interested any longer.

3. DBS Manga Downgrade
A downgrade CRT was made for the DBS Manga, that made RoF Goku no longer 2-C in base. No CRT was made to discuss the AP values/tiering.

I do think it's highly possibly to handle all of this in one CRT, and I do plan to be the one to do that in some time (hopefully soon).
man, i respect you for picking up "dead" threads to finish them up properly

Iirc, that is fan art, the current one is from legends
Nah Dbl art looks more like this:
GCAX9pSW4AARB_1

You must be talking about Dokkan

I leave the Discussion Thread for
Hours
A day or two max
And it devolves into
The most insane chaos possible.

Insane. Wild.
Be like me just lurk and only comment occasionally.
Question. Shouldn't Goku get instinctive reaction from his training with Popo in Toei Continuity?
Making UI even less unique, huh? I can't say I'm against it jokes aside I thought it was morelike analytical predation but that's probably just me.

bardock got some cute ass genetics because goku, gohan, goten and pan are all some adorable ass babies

Gonna be honest all three MUI renders are an improvement over what we currently have. While I like the Fighterz renders on their own, they really look awkward alongside the non-Fighterz renders. I can’t explain it properly but I’m hopeful everyone knows what I mean.

For UI Sign I think the current render works well enough, but if we were to change it I would lean towards 1 or 4 here.

Back