• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

That must be why Goku and Vegeta only use Blue in the movie, and why Vegeta can just pull out Super Saiyan God whenever he wants, and why Frieza doesn't know what a Metamoran Fusion is, and why the first quarter of the movie follows the story of Dragon Ball Minus, and why the events laid out in the movie line up perfectly with the Galactic Patrolman Saga, and why both the movie and the manga are considered to be canonical by official sources, and why the movie is directly referenced in the manga, and why Vegeta's Galick Gun was yellow. Don't talk to me about the Kamehameha, though.
Because most of that happened AFTER the movie started being made, just like Kale, which is why they don't mention her and her form being similar to Broly's, we were literaly told that.

Why would Freezer know what the metamoran fusion is? It didn't appear in the TOP.

Minus and Jaco are both canon to the anime too, what the **** are you talking about?

Vegeta's galick gun's color always changed randomly even in the anime.

Nope, official source directly state that DBS Broly follow the anime, Toriyama himself said so directly.

The movie is referenced in the manga for the same reason ROF was, Toyotaro didn't want to make the arc. It wasn't even supposed to be like that since Toriyama said Toyotaro's manga would go 'in a different direction'.

I like how Dragon Ball manages to have the strongest everything. Beerus (and Champa) is considered (one of) the strongest Low 2-Cs because he contributed a half to a 2-C feat, the Xenoverse and Heroes characters were considered the strongest 2-Bs because they scaled to an almost infinite but not really amount of universes, and Roshi is revving to be the strongest moon buster..

I like how Dragon Ball manages to have the strongest everything. Beerus (and Champa) is considered (one of) the strongest Low 2-Cs because he contributed a half to a 2-C feat, the Xenoverse and Heroes characters were considered the strongest 2-Bs because they scaled to an almost infinite but not really amount of universes, and Roshi is revving to be the strongest moon buster..
With the last change in standard for 2-A, I'm pretty sure that AP wise, they are up there too.

Unless that was changed again, I dunno.

Quests are where the "canon" of Dokkan actually is, since Dokkan does have an actual story, one not completed, it's just that literally no one cares about it, I'd say both Quests and Events, though.

If only Super Attacks had descriptions, I'm sure there'd be some good statements scattered in there.

If Dokkan did have a page, I'd recommend doing the thing I recommended before (character sections being based on rank), while scaling characters based on ranks. For example, an SSR character performs a planet level feat or has a planet level statement, that makes everyone in SSR planet level, and/or everyone above it at least planet level. Disregarding characters not meant to be used for your team of course.

I think Towa, Mira, Mechikabura, and Chronoa would actually help expand the lore of Makaioshins, The Demon Realm, and such. They're decent enough as villains too.

I'd really like for them to actualy explore how the Kaioshin work and finaly do something with the Makaioshin TBH.

I wish they'd stop dancing around the backstory and just give a straight account - it's obvious for example that the original demons were former Kais (living in the same place, wearing Potara, two being candidates for Supreme Kai of Time, Mechikabura outright wearing the uniform) yet they only ever refer to them as "mages" like Babidi or Hoi.

Yeah it would be nice to see more from the Demon Realm in something that isn't Heroes related, though knowing the severity of Toriyama's Alzheimer's I bet he's forgotten what it is

Regarding Dokkan characters - the ranks don't mean anything. You'd have Hercule and OG Yamcha being stronger than Whis and Vados if that were the case.

Yeah it would be nice to see more from the Demon Realm in something that isn't Heroes related, though knowing the severity of Toriyama's Alzheimer's I bet he's forgotten what it is
I mean, it's normal for creators to simply change or get rid off of lore elements that they only ever talked about but never put in books.

The whole 'Toriyama forgot' is overblown as hell.

Regarding Dokkan characters - the ranks don't mean anything. You'd have Hercule and OG Yamcha being stronger than Whis and Vados if that were the case.

There is literally a version of Hercule stronger than all of canon Dragon Ball.

Also, as I said, excluding units not meant to actually be for battle, which are more so like collector cards. Also, there is like an SR version of Whis I'm pretty sure. And yes, the ranks do matter, as units are almost always stronger depending on rank. There are just a few exceptions.

It's not completed yet, so probably not. I'm not sure when it was last updated either, but I don't think they're going to continue it because people only played Quest's for EXP, the gem things, and Dragon Stones.

There is literally a version of Hercule stronger than all of canon Dragon Ball.

Also, as I said, excluding units not meant to actually be for battle, which are more so like collector cards. Also, there is like an SR version of Whis I'm pretty sure. And yes, the ranks do matter, as units are almost always stronger depending on rank. There are just a few exceptions.
Those aren't comparable though, U6 Satan is a distinct version of the character. He's not just a card that happens to be a higher rarity.

To illustrate my point - Yamcha has cards at every rarity in the game. If feats were to be scaled to all cards in a rarity, Yamcha's power would zigzag wildly all over the place for no reason.

Is it ever revealed in the story what caused the timelines to collide at the beginning of the game?
Nope, we know as much now as we did at the start.

The point is that argument of absurdity doesn't really apply. Not only is that Hercule existing ridiculous, but he still needs a jetpack to fly.

They would be treated as different versions, obviously.

@Dominodalek isn't there a rarity Yamcha card that has the red spot and 4 stars on it? IDK what those cards are called, but IIRC they're generally considered the strongest cards in the game like Ssj Kaioken Xeno Vegito, Xeno Janembuu, Golden Cooler, Broly Dark, etc.

You're thinking of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, not Dokkan Battle.
It's the same principle though - higher-rarity Heroes cards are stronger than lower-rarity Heroes cards, just as Dokkan Battle cards are.
(Though that Yamcha is a promotional card, they don't use the standard rarity system)

@RinneItachi actually I think that Hercule shouldn't even exist, as far as I'm aware he was the byproduct of Sealas' anomalies which actively change the history of the multiverse to screw things up
In that case, maybe my example doesn't necessarily apply, but the argument of absurdity still isn't applicable, either, especially not if we were to have a serious discussion about this stuff, as the argument of absurdity is never considered reliable here (GoD Toppo beating Jiren for example). Anyways, video games like Dokkan don't care about canon power levels. They care more about nostalgia and fanservice. And they determine the strength of units based on that.

Ok, but how is that relevant.
The point is that the cards are not of a higher rarity because they are stronger. They are stronger because they are of a higher rarity. It's purely gameplay mechanics, they don't correspond to the characters themselves.

I am curious if there is a red star card for Yamaha in Heroes
He does not. They're mostly 1-star, with four 2-stars, one 4-star and three CPs.

Figures.
BTW my favorite card in Heroes has to got to be Golden Cooler, his super attack mixed in with succeeding in increasing his damage output can do upwards up to 6K or 7K damage depending on the opponent, and add in harder slapping cards like Ssj Kaioken Vegito or Ssj Berserk Goku and you can break this game in half if you play your, pun unintended, cards right.

The point is that the cards are not of a higher rarity because they are stronger. They are stronger because they are of a higher rarity. It's purely gameplay mechanics, they don't correspond to the characters themselves.
Ah that makes sense, nvm.

So, unless there are some unique cases, characters can only be judged based on what's definitively known about them, disregarding gameplay mechanics, in Dokkan. Unfortunately I don't think there are many good feats. Some country to planet level stuff with a debatable universal thing, I think. Although, LR Gogeta uses his SSJB Super Attack in the space dimension, so it might be arguable that he can perform the same feat he does with Broly in canon, but idk.

Although I highly doubt that Dokkan will ever get a page so this entire argument is probably pointless.

It won't. The cards alone don't present anything which isn't lifted from the material they're adapted from, and the story content offers very little - the main story is pretty much devoid of meaningful feats, and most of the side content is just adaptations of existing media, context-less battles and light fluff.

Yeah. I don't think we really need something for Dokkan, anyways. I mean, who here wants Dokkan profiles? The only plus here is having easy choices for page images, which will almost all be pretty good. Especially the LR's.

Back