• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Oh yeah I forgot about that guy. He probably thinks Superman looks silly based on that.

I imagine he's like an old guy who has a phone and maybe an old computer, but barely knows how they work, and just uses them for basic things.

DBxHololive, where they make avatars for Dragon Ball characters that the voice actors play as. Japanese Hololive would have the Japanese voice actors of course. I'd prefer Hololive English to have the TFS voice actors but obviously they'd use the Funimation ones if that were to ever happen.

Imagine a Dragon Ball X Naruto crossover but it actually has accurate scaling.

Goku just blitz stomps all the villains, and is disappointed with how strong they are.

Fanfiction type crossover could have Naruto come and beat both of them, let's not try to pretend they are more in line with VS Battle logic or less crazy than official ones.

Being niche make it MORE likely that the more popular win, you really think that one of the most iconic character in the country would be portrayed as not only weaker but needing to conform and be absorbed into another franchise's power system entirely? You know they didn't even give that treatment to Toriko or Luffy in their own crossover, right?

I actualy meant 'real / official' crossover in my question, I'm sure every crossover has already been done if you count fanfic.
But I mean that the story that is written isn't determined by the writer, but by the characters and world. What if you Dragon Ball and Dies Irae did a cross-over, not what would happen in the cross-over of both series, when being written by a terrible fanfic writer.

And if there was a DB x Dies Irae fan fic cross-over, it would be written by me - and I know how absolutely ****** Goku is. The generic popularity of one character has no place here.

And Shinza is too niche for just two random executes to just create a random mindless cross-over like with the Tokiro x One Piece x Dragon Ball one, also, in the cross over - the characters were pretty even for most of the fight IIRC so power levels are completely ******.

It would be done by people who actually know stuff about both verses, again, like me, if I was given such a position in Anime media.

Power levels aren’t really important in cross-overs.
It is more about how the characters interact and the fan reaction.
It should focus on just being hype.

No wait. A series of Dragon Ball crossovers but it's all accurate Dragon Ball Heroes characters, making them all stomps.

Mechikabura in One Piece.

Of course. If the characters have accurate power levels, well, even Krillin level characters have a good chance at soloing a lot of potential crossover verses. Let alone Goku, who would be their version of One Punch Man. It's fine to nerf Dragon Ball characters massively in crossovers, but it's funny to think about what would happen if they aren't.

But I mean that the story that is written isn't determined by the writer, but by the characters and world. What if you Dragon Ball and Dies Irae did a cross-over, not what would happen in the cross-over of both series, when being written by a terrible fanfic writer.

And if there was a DB x Dies Irae fan fic cross-over, it would be written by me - and I know how absolutely ****** Goku is. The generic popularity of one character has no place here.

And Shinza is too niche for just two random executes to just create a random mindless cross-over like with the Tokiro x One Piece x Dragon Ball one, also, in the cross over - the characters were pretty even for most of the fight IIRC so power levels are completely ******.

It would be done by people who actually know stuff about both verses, again, like me, if I was given such a position in Anime media.
I checked and those fanfics already exist, theres like 20 of them on FF.net.

The story that's written is entirely determined by the writer, the hell are you on about? Who do you think does the writing?

A character's popularity has no place in a product destined to use said popularity to make money? You sure about that?

You're acting as if both original authors would give anymore of a shit about scailing or the opinions of the VS community, they'd be too busy figuring out how to not step on each other's toes (tho the most popular one would probably care less) and make the most people buy it.

Yes, the characters were pretty even because they were all popular franchise and they wanted to boost Toriko's popularity.

You don't know more about the verse than the writers who actualy work on those verse tho. And no one who know verse through VS battle view would ever be in charge of a project like that because VS battle stuff simply doesn't correlate to a good or interesting story.

I'm also not referring to a simple 15 minute short, I am talking about an entire crossover series, which would require the villains to still be a threat.

So yeah, I feel like the classic Dragon Ball route of Goku getting his ass kicked, and then coming back stronger next time to win would still very much apply.

I'm also not referring to a simple 15 minute short, I am talking about an entire crossover series, which would require the villains to still be a threat.

So yeah, I feel like the classic Dragon Ball route of Goku getting his ass kicked, and then coming back stronger next time to win would still very much apply.
But you'd also need the DB villains to be a threat too, so how you do that? Goku would get his ass kicked but whatever villain chosen to represent his side of the franchise would clean house on the Shinza side? That could work I guesse.

Also are crossover series even a thing? I mostly had like an event movie in mind, a whole show would be a mess to make.

Power levels aren’t really important in cross-overs.
It is more about how the characters interact and the fan reaction.
It should focus on just being hype.
Pretty much, I have yet to see a crossover that give a shit honestly. From comics, to anime to live action, crossovers always do their best to avoid stepping on each other and those who don't always end up absolutly awful and hated by everyone (the turtle ninja's generational crossover for exemple, where the latest generation shit on the previous one).

Smash Brothers has a whole crossover story mode. Though it’s a game.
Isekai quartet was a while crossover anime, but it’s a short comedy.
It could work. Especially as a movie or short series.

I checked and those fanfics already exist, theres like 20 of them on FF.net.

The story that's written is entirely determined by the writer, the hell are you on about? Who do you think does the writing?

A character's popularity has no place in a product destined to use said popularity to make money? You sure about that?

You're acting as if both original authors would give anymore of a shit about scailing or the opinions of the VS community, they'd be too busy figuring out how to not step on each other's toes (tho the most popular one would probably care less) and make the most people buy it.

Yes, the characters were pretty even because they were all popular franchise and they wanted to boost Toriko's popularity.

You don't know more about the verse than the writers who actualy work on those verse tho. And no one who know verse through VS battle view would ever be in charge of a project like that because VS battle stuff simply doesn't correlate to a good or interesting story.
Oh no, there aren't any Dies Irae fan fics crossovers with Dragon Ball?

Would the Shinza series ever be considered for a crossover with something with world wide popularity like Dragon Ball? Because typically most crossovers generally involve franchises or characters which are well known across the globe, and while Shinza by itself has a decent sized fanbase I seriously doubt that it has as much popularity as something like One Punch Man or Naruto for example

Smash Brothers has a whole crossover story mode. Though it’s a game.
Isekai quartet was a while crossover anime, but it’s a short comedy.
It could work. Especially as a movie or short series.
They excuse the story mode with literaly 'it's a kid playing with toys, nothing make sense so it's okay'.

Would the Shinza series ever be considered for a crossover with something with world wide popularity like Dragon Ball? Because typically most crossovers generally involve franchises or characters which are well known across the globe, and while Shinza by itself has a decent sized fanbase I seriously doubt that it has as much popularity as something like One Punch Man or Naruto for example
I asked what crossover you would want, doesn't matter if it's unlikely. Otherwise, everyone would just say Naruto or One Piece.

No, it wouldn't.

Light - the company that created the visual novels, shut down completely when their parent company dissolved over a year ago.

DBxHololive, where they make avatars for Dragon Ball characters that the voice actors play as. Japanese Hololive would have the Japanese voice actors of course. I'd prefer Hololive English to have the TFS voice actors but obviously they'd use the Funimation ones if that were to ever happen.
They'd never ******* let funimation use the hypothetical DB vtuber models with their voices actors, that would never happen. Toei isn't that dumb.

They excuse the story mode with literaly 'it's a kid playing with toys, nothing make sense so it's okay'.

I asked what crossover you would want, doesn't matter if it's unlikely. Otherwise, everyone would just say Naruto or One Piece.
Subspace and WOL would want a word with you.

Oh yeah I heard about that, and it was right before Dies Irae Pantheons was suppose to come out IIRC
Anyways, my personal crossover would be one between DB and the Mario franchise, just to see how Goku would interact with a world as bizzare as the Mushroom Kingdom or how the likes of Frieza would react to Bowser's villainy

Possibly, but if people wanted Hololive English to have its own side of the Dragon Ball crossover, I'd expect them to try something.

Then again they could technically still use the Jap voice actors for that. The Hololive EN members all understand Japanese anyways, iirc.

Possibly, but if people wanted Hololive English to have its own side of the Dragon Ball crossover, I'd expect them to try something.

Then again they could technically still use the Jap voice actors for that. The Hololive EN members all understand Japanese anyways, iirc.
Hololive EN and mainline Hololive often have collabs anyway, they even had one recently.

If they had a DB crossover, you'd probably get all branch of Hololive showing up I think. Or at least Gura even if they only use their top members.

Oh yeah I heard about that, and it was right before Dies Irae Pantheons was suppose to come out IIRC
Patheon was in development hell IIRC, but yeah.

Light was finally making plans to have more of their works translated and brought over to the west after the success of Dies Irae.

I was actually really happy, and then Life "gotcha'd" me so ******* hard man.

@Warren_Valion you think the anime had to do something with it or was it just general financial struggles? Because I heard that while some liked the anime, others found it to be a big disappointment in comparasion to the source material

@Warren_Valion you think the anime had to do something with it or was it just general financial struggles? Because I heard that while some liked the anime, others found it to be a big disappointment in comparasion to the source material
I don't know the reason for Greenwood's dissolvement, but I think it's dissociated from Light's activities - Light was just a casualty from what I know.

Also "Shudders" the "Anime" is an abhorrent abomination that is a complete bastardization of all that makes Dies Irae a masterpiece and I refuse to legitimize its existence.

Please don't remind me of it again, thank you.

A crossover between DB and Naruto could involve them sharing the same universe and having some sort of war between the Saiyans and the Otsutsukis. Saiyans have massive power advantage, while the Otsutsukis have broken haxes. Eventually they reached a stalemate, they ceasefire and went their own separate ways to do their own things, Saiyans invade planet Sadala while Kaguya did her thing in Naruto's Earth. This could lead to interesting things, like how Naruto jutsus are just very advanced Ki Manipulation or how Spirit Bomb can be related to Senjutsu.

Back