• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

There’s people that think Moro is stronger than Beerus? have y’all forgotten that we haven’t seen Beerus full power since his skirmish with the other GoDs. I think people also forgot that since Moro was fused with the earth that his only defeat was to break the crystal, like did people forget MUI could had killed him without having to break the crystal?

So, what are the new additions to the profiles?

Moro in planet key:
Powers: Self-Destruction and Body Control
Weaknesses: After a while it goes insane and explodes. Moro dies if the front gem is shattered

Goku:
Powers: Large Size type 1 based on the energy construct

Attacks: The energy construct that doesn't have an official name

Vegeta: Can also give the energy to others e doesn't necessarily need a touch to activate the Fission (we see him doing it using a ki beam)

Weaknesses: Has a limit to the amount of energy he can separate.

A random, intelligent human who just so happens to see a lot of fighting and has given her energy Spirit Bomb's, something that literally only takes people raising their hands to use.

How is it a false equivalence? Gaining the strength, knowledge, and techniques of everyone he absorbs is completely different from being able to use an energy that someone uses?

God Ki literally didn't exist back then so it's an irrelevant point. And him not being the original user of it means nothing, and ignores the literal point of him absorbing people, which is to gain all of their capabilities. Hell, couldn't Moro use the divine power of those he copies the powers of? That's literally the same principle.
Did you really just as how it's a false equivalence instead of saving yourself the embarrassment, by just conceding? Oh well.

Kid Boo is mindless though. So i don't get your point. You're assuming a lot. Its a false equivalence because we have Grand Supreme Kai with Oob, actively instructing him, not to mention Oob was born with it. While Kid Boo literally JUST got it because of Fat Boo being split from him. It was luck. And Toriyama himself said Kid Boo wasnt aware of his power. All of these facts destroy your argument.

How is it rude? Nothing is more rude than a stubborn person, with no leg to stand on in a debate. You didnt acknowledge anyone's counter points. Not a single one. So you're not in a position to call anyone rude.

God Ki didnt exist then but Kais having a different kind of energy did exist then. This isnt even relevant.

Moro is a wizard and the smartest villain in canon. Using him hurts your entire argument. Kid Boo not having access is literally in character. Arguing against facts is weird.

The manga : Beerus is gonna end it in no time.

You : Make up a bunch of nonsense and cope never stated or implied

Cope. Have fun copping even harder next arc when the same happen.
goku : Moro is stronger
you : thats nonsense
beerus : I will lend a hand , let's finish it quickly
you : now this is what I call an evidence
goku : wtf wait I'm fighting too
beerus : no shut up go back to your base form and keep watching
goku : ohh okay
lmao I'm done with this tbh

you are assuming that the Broly movie is only following the anime without any evidence, why that statement should not be taken seriously?? in the manga its been shown that all the GoDs are close in power and Jiren is above Belmod. there is nothing supporting ur claim about the movie being only following the anime, Goku has seen the fight and said Broly is probably stronger than beerus its so obvious tbh
The shattering dimensions feat is extremely inconsistent with their manga capabilities, unless you wanna argue that the fusion dance is an infinite increase, or that Broly got infinitely stronger after Gogeta appeared. They never used CSSJB in the movie, while we see them likely using it in the one panel we get of the manga version of the fight, where we also see both Goku and Vegeta fighting together before they should be, since they were still in the ice area. Goku remembers Ribrianne at the start of the movie as if she was a noteworthy fighter, even though he literally didn't even see her in the manga, let alone fight with or praise her, she just fought 18 for a bit, was weaker than her, then was eliminated by the invisible fighter. Whereas in the anime, Ribrianne was somewhat relevant, and fought with Goku, impressing him to some extent. Vegeta also noted how much stronger Frieza got, but in the manga there was no implications of a significant difference, just that he got slightly more powerful, contrary to the anime where he was much more powerful than in RoF. In the one panel we see of Frieza in the manga version of the Broly movie, we also see him in his first form, even though nothing implies he's used that since RoF in the anime and movie versions of DBS. So no, it's not really a baseless assumption at all. Just because they all fought together in a battle royale doesn't mean they'd be even in one on one fights, with Beerus being directly implied as one of the stronger ones on multiple occasions. Actually, in the manga, it was only said that Jiren has a higher level of raw power, and Toppo felt that it was worth specifying that, which still implies that Belmod could be superior in combat overall, but has a lower level of pure strength, and again, no actual confirmation of Belmod being on par with or superior to Beerus. Actually there is plenty supporting my claim of it, including the fact that it's what most people would assume unless they're directly trying to deny it. There's much more evidence supporting the actual movie specifically being for the anime than there is supporting otherwise, and taking Goku's word as concrete evidence, especially when it's not a direct statement, isn't very reliable.

goku : Moro is stronger
you : thats nonsense
beerus : I will lend a hand , let's finish it quickly
you : now this is what I call an evidence
goku : wtf wait I'm fighting too
beerus : no shut up go back to your base form and keep watching
goku : ohh okay
lmao I'm done with this tbh
When did Goku say 'Moro is stronger than Beerus'? Absolutly never? Okay.

Lol, you're coping so hard you're really arguing like Beerus was gonna tag team with Goku when it's NEVER implied in the slightest XD

I very much doubt you're done coping, see you next arc for more cope.

"The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV"
I think the DBS Broly movie does follow with the anime because Toriyama stated that the movie was the next story in the series that was airing on TV, now whatever it means it only follows the anime line of events or both it and the manga is unknown but here you go anyway.

Did you really just as how it's a false equivalence instead of saving yourself the embarrassment, by just conceding? Oh well.

Kid Boo is mindless though. So i don't get your point. You're assuming a lot. Its a false equivalence because we have Grand Supreme Kai with Oob, actively instructing him, not to mention Oob was born with it. While Kid Boo literally JUST got it because of Fat Boo being split from him. It was luck. And Toriyama himself said Kid Boo wasnt aware of his power. All of these facts destroy your argument.

How is it rude? Nothing is more rude than a stubborn person, with no leg to stand on in a debate. You didnt acknowledge anyone's counter points. Not a single one. So you're not in a position to call anyone rude.

God Ki didnt exist then but Kais having a different kind of energy did exist then. This isnt even relevant.

Moro is a wizard and the smartest villain in canon. Using him hurts your entire argument. Kid Boo not having access is literally in character. Arguing against facts is weird.
I don't even know what you're saying there beyond saying that I should've conceded, and bringing up the whole false equivalence thing again.

He's a primordial being who, while almost animalistic in nature and desiring one thing, is still skilled at combat, and can improve against or mimic the abilities of other people easily. Uub being born with it shouldn't make much difference when he inherited it from Kid Buu, who gained it via absorbing someone with the power, nor do we know that Grand Supreme Kai was actually teaching him, just that he went to Uub and told him what to do. Hell, assuming that it's actually similar to forming a Spirit Bomb, it wouldn't require much effort on Uub's part. Again, Buu literally gains the power, knowledge, and techniques of those who he absorbs. He would know about God Ki, and would know how to use it. You are using headcanon to claim that Kid Buu just didn't know how to use it yet, when that literally goes against the very point of his absorption ability. The Toriyama statement was actually shown earlier and is not only irrelevant, but was made before God Ki existed.

Not conceding because you want me to isn't being rude. Being rude is acting aggressively and potentially insulting the opposition. I'm free to say as I please, as are you, especially on a site meant for debating. I addressed almost every point directed at me, and only ignored one ridiculous "point" that shouldn't even be taken seriously, but ok. And yes I am. Throwing around insults or talking in a generally aggressive manner is rude.

The only thing that was said is that Kai's felt different, not that they have a different type of energy altogether.

What are you even talking about by this point.

Beerus saying that he would lend a hand absolutely implies tag-teaming. Nothing implies that he was gonna make Goku sit out tbh.
A character saying they'll lend a hand means they're going to provide help. It's literally impossible to actually argue that he was implying anything beyond that when it comes to just his statement by itself, while visual implications along with very likely author intent do imply that he was, at least in some way, going to fight Moro directly. It's an assumption to say literally anything other than that. It also doesn't sound very in character for Beerus to team up with someone in order to defeat an opponent.

It also doesn’t seem very in character for a Post-Cell Arc Goku to give a villain a Senzu bean, but here we are. I literally never said Beerus wasn’t going to fight Moro directly, I said that nothing implies he was gonna tell Goku to sit out so he can fight Moro himself.

That's a different case entirely. I don't see why Toyotaro would ever write Beerus teaming up with someone unless Beerus viewed it as absolutely necessary. You were trying to argue that Beerus teaming up with Goku is more likely than otherwise, and even said that it's implied he was intending to tag team with Goku, which I disagreed with.

Beerus saying that he would lend a hand absolutely implies tag-teaming. Nothing implies that he was gonna make Goku sit out tbh.
It didn't imply that at all, it's a direct 'I'll deal with that' statement. Trying to desperatly grasp at any straw to salvage another 'muh stronger than Beerus' debacle is getting sad, I haven't seen that much cope since Mechikabura was confirmed fodder to any GoD despite everyone arguing he was Angel tier. Beerus is gonna stay stronger until Toriyama directly has him beat / stated weaker, no one else is gonna risk stepping on his toes by having their OCs beat Beerus until then.

People should just accept it at this point.

Saying he's a different order of being and saying he's a god doesn't equate to God Ki existing before DBS, where it was first actually mentioned. I'm pretty sure everyone that wasn't Piccolo could still sense his Ki anyways, they just couldn't tell that he is a god from it.

It didn't imply that at all, it's direct 'I'll deal with that' statement. Trying to desperatly grasp at any straw to salvage another 'muh stronger than Beerus' is getting sad, I haven't seen that much cope since Mechikabura was confirmed fodder to any GoD despite everyone arguing he was Angel tier.
I’m sorry, where did you get me saying anyone was stronger than Beerus there? Seriously, I’m curious where you got that from. And no, Beerus isn’t saying “I’ll deal with him,” he’s saying “I’ll lend a hand.” Nothing about that situation implies he was just gonna smack Goku to the side and do everything himself.

The shattering dimensions feat is extremely inconsistent with their manga capabilities, unless you wanna argue that the fusion dance is an infinite increase, or that Broly got infinitely stronger after Gogeta appeared. They never used CSSJB in the movie, while we see them likely using it in the one panel we get of the manga version of the fight, where we also see both Goku and Vegeta fighting together before they should be, since they were still in the ice area. Goku remembers Ribrianne at the start of the movie as if she was a noteworthy fighter, even though he literally didn't even see her in the manga, let alone fight with or praise her, she just fought 18 for a bit, was weaker than her, then was eliminated by the invisible fighter. Whereas in the anime, Ribrianne was somewhat relevant, and fought with Goku, impressing him to some extent. Vegeta also noted how much stronger Frieza got, but in the manga there was no implications of a significant difference, just that he got slightly more powerful, contrary to the anime where he was much more powerful than in RoF. In the one panel we see of Frieza in the manga version of the Broly movie, we also see him in his first form, even though nothing implies he's used that since RoF in the anime and movie versions of DBS. So no, it's not really a baseless assumption at all. Just because they all fought together in a battle royale doesn't mean they'd be even in one on one fights, with Beerus being directly implied as one of the stronger ones on multiple occasions. Actually, in the manga, it was only said that Jiren has a higher level of raw power, and Toppo felt that it was worth specifying that, which still implies that Belmod could be superior in combat overall, but has a lower level of pure strength, and again, no actual confirmation of Belmod being on par with or superior to Beerus. Actually there is plenty supporting my claim of it, including the fact that it's what most people would assume unless they're directly trying to deny it. There's much more evidence supporting the actual movie specifically being for the anime than there is supporting otherwise, and taking Goku's word as concrete evidence, especially when it's not a direct statement, isn't very reliablable.
I never said it only follows the manga too.
imo Akira just took what he liked from both anime and manga, iirc gotenks appeared in front of frieza in the anime but when frieza saw Gogeta in the movie he was like : what the hell is that. and Gogeta explained to him u were dead for a long time so u won't know about this technique or sth like this and he had to explain, its either Akira took the ideas he liked and put their or the movie is a link point for both anime and manga thats my opinion on this thing, I don't remember saying it only follows the manga.

And I never said you did, I'm saying it almost certainly follows the anime in specific, meanwhile you were saying that there is nothing to support it following the anime, which is blatantly wrong. As for your point with fusion, I mean, let's be honest, Toriyama doesn't remember that Frieza saw Gotenks, it was just a minor, random scene, meanwhile the guy forgets entire characters and transformations he made by himself. I'm also not sure if Goku or Vegeta were there for Gotenks meeting Frieza, either. I'd still say that the movie we saw was very likely the anime version, and that the manga had it's own version, which was already implied by the two panels we saw (first form Frieza and a clearly different version of the actual battle), not to mention that it wouldn't make sense for the manga version to the same, powerscaling wise.

And I never said you did, I'm saying it almost certainly follows the anime in specific, meanwhile you were saying that there is nothing to support it following the anime, which is blatantly wrong. As for your point with fusion, I mean, let's be honest, Toriyama doesn't remember that Frieza saw Gotenks, it was just a minor, random scene, meanwhile the guy forgets entire characters and transformations he made by himself. I'm also not sure if Goku or Vegeta were there for Gotenks meeting Frieza, either. I'd still say that the movie we saw was very likely the anime version, and that the manga had it's own version, which was already implied by the two panels we saw (first form Frieza and a clearly different version of the actual battle), not to mention that it wouldn't make sense for the manga version to the same, powerscaling wise.
I said there is no evidence to say that it only follows the anime iirc because I don't believe that its only following the anime, I didn't mean that its only following the manga, my passage which u quoted up, I was saying you are assuming that the movie only follows the anime without evidence and I said nothing supports ur claim about the movie being only following the anime. I put "only" twice there because I didn't mean that it only follows the manga, I wrote my opinion about it later

Sooo what is the agreement here regarding the scaling?

Goku > Moro?
Moro > Goku?
Goku > Beerus?
Merus > Moro > Goku?

Personally, I don't buy that Goku is anywhere near close to Merus and Moro simply sucked.

I won't touch the Beerus vs Goku thing.

Admittedly, if I had to try to rationalize all of the prior statements of Beerus's power and make it fit with a world where he's still above MUI Goku, it's been a few months since we saw him. It's perfectly possible he might've trained a bit after he saw Goku obtain Ultra Instinct. I will perfectly admit that it's headcanon, and not likely due to him being otherwise fairly lazy, but that'd be my guess on it. But given this new information, with or without my headcanon, I'd say he is likely at least relative to MUI Goku, which makes him stronger than Jiren and Broly either way, but there's a reason I said at least.

That being said, the fact that Dai Kaioshin was stronger than Post-ToP SSJB Goku and SSJBE Vegeta is still really funny to me.

Meanwhile, in other scaling news:

Honestly, at this point I think Merus > Goku >= Moro

I think in terms of power, Goku > Moro, but it's not to such a degree that Moro couldn't get the edge with enough applications of his energy drain and just straight up putting enough of himself in front of Goku. Hence >=. Goku still one shot him the second he touched the jewel, and Moro's attacks weren't exactly doing THAT much to him before the energy drain.

And I don't think Merus is THAT much better than Goku outside of possibly having a bunch of hax alongside his attack power. Merus's fight was against a DRASTICALLY weaker Moro, after all, so of course he's gonna look a lot better. But I do think he is strong enough to beat Planet Moro assuming he was in the same position as Goku, so still better than him.

Merus is a trainee angel, not a full-fledged one. So him being drastically weaker than Whis still makes sense. But honestly, who ******* knows, maybe Merus used 1% of his power or some shit.

Beerus Vs. Goku is up in the air but I'm not seeing any definitive arguments in Goku's favor. I'm just gonna leave that mess alone for now though because I'm tired of it. I think the consensus on everything else is that Goku is still superior to every version of Moro. Even Planet Moro only managed to start winning when Goku abandoned all sense of strategy and just charged at him until Moro absorbed his energy. It's pretty clear cut that Moro wasn't used to Merus' power, and couldn't fully contain it since the power was just out of his limits, so I'm not sure if it'd be proper to say Goku is on Merus' level. Although Goku sure thought he was when he said something along the lines of "Merus could do it, so why not me?", then implied that he still isn't by saying that he just doesn't have enough power yet or whatever. I'd say Merus isn't massively above Goku, but there's not enough definitive evidence to say they're equal.

Goku should be on Merus's level as far as the use of MUI itself. He edges out Goku due to having access to his other angelic abilities. Moro is below both of them. With merus copied pre Earth transformation he'd be around the level of TOP MUI Goku.

It should also have the ability to seal abilities. The same one that Merus used to seal the other gems.
Whis only said that Goku needed to destroy the gem. No mention was made about him sealing Moro's abilities.

Whis only said that Goku needed to destroy the gem. No mention was made about him sealing Moro's abilities.
Captura_de_pantalla_36.png

Last edited:
Seems to me that it would make more sense to assume that it's a plot hole than saying that Zeno isn't destroying everything.

Actual question and not a meme this time. Why is IZ considered baseline Low 2-C when he breached the distance between two timelines? I get not wanting to make him 2-C simply due to him only really peeking into the timeline (even though if not for outside interference he would've eaten the present timeline, too), but why baseline Low 2-C and not, like, unquantifiably higher than baseline?

Back