• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

It looks like the Dragon Ball manga is going on hiatus, this chapter is the last chapter with Akira's script, from what i saw, it looks like there's going to be some sort of canon split.
I dunno about any canon split. There WILL be a Hiatus (at least one month, but it was worded as indefinite, so potentially much longer), but I saw nothing about anything interfering with the canon.

Gohan really came and humbled Goku, Vegeta and Broly. There is no agenda wars in Dragonball because Chadhan finishes these wars before they even start

I dunno about any canon split. There WILL be a Hiatus (at least one month, but it was worded as indefinite, so potentially much longer), but I saw nothing about anything interfering with the canon.
There is no more Akira script, now the script will be from the Dragon Ball company that created it, now we no longer have a solid roadmap, so maybe the Dragon Ball Super manga won't come back

For example, the manga, the script was worked on by Akira, but now they will have to take over the script and the manga, another person, then we will have another canon

Let's not jump the gun yet. It says Gohan seemingly won, so it's not a clear win.

That being said, W for the party who said Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan were comparable.
It's seems you are still young boy. The whole point of agenda wars is to limit your IQ and reading comprehension to 1/100 of its actual value and jump the gun to make stupid interpretation

There is no more Akira script, now the script will be from the Dragon Ball company that created it, now we no longer have a solid roadmap, so maybe the Dragon Ball Super manga won't come back

For example, the manga, the script was worked on by Akira, but now they will have to take over the script and the manga, another person, then we will have another canon
We haven't had a fully Toriyama script for a while. Toriyama provides notes and for the Manga he edits Toyotaro's art and dialogue where appropriate.

We still have a lot of his notes for the future left so Toriyama's presence will remain. It'll just be reduced due to his unfortunate demise.

as long as it is being published by the owners of the IP, it will be the same canon following the story being told

As far as I know, Toriyama only wrote the entire script in specific cases (Broly from what I remember and Daima).

In the manga, I thought that Toyoraro's routine was to draft the manga alone and show it to Toriyama so he could say "ok" and Toyotaro would continue.

Imagine if Oda or Kishimoto or Kubo started writing the new DBS.
Kishimoto and Kubo?

Speaking of which, I find it very funny how the Naruto fandom and beyond were super happy when it was said that Kishimoto would be more present in the Boruto manga.

I don't know why they thought the work would improve a lot, considering how Naruto developed and how Samurai 8 ended up cancelled.

as long as it is being published by the owners of the IP, it will be the same canon following the story being told
One thing that will change will be what we will consider canonical from now on, in the sense of external content.

For example in the crt for Kakarot to have canonical elements, a big focus in elaborating this was Akira's involvement in several things in the game, with the conclusion being:
This just further cements the point. We can take information from DBZ: Kakarot, as they are part of Toriyama's setting, much like we do with the anime and game interpretations of the cosmology.
How are we now going to consider whether new guides, games, etc. have canonical information?

Well the most we can do now is to simply wait for more information to come out from Shueisha and CC Tokyo in regards to Dragon Ball's future now that Toriyama is no longer with us, but there are two possible routes that I see Dragon Ball as a franchise going down after Daima comes out in the fall:

Either the anime and the manga could become more closely intertwined with one another, starting off with Super's anime continuing and adapting Moro and Granolah so that whatever the next arc for Super is they can remain consistent with both continuities. Or, and this is what I see happening the most, Toyotaro ends up being the author of Super from now on and CC Tokyo makes a brand new anime story that is not apart of Super and possibly even being completely original.

Mind you this all my speculation on the matter, but it's fun to think about you know?

too much Kishimoto slander in this thread for my liking 😔
If Kishimoto takes over Dragon Ball the first thing he will do is kill Goku ( so when he returned to the Boruto manga and killed Kurama and gouged out Sasuke's eyes )

We would literally all have dead characters if he took over, i wanted the Takao Koyama assume ( he is a great friend of Akira and has already written the script for Dragon Ball Z and Kai )

Back