• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Chi-Chi is "[absurdly; unreasonably; nonsensically; preposterously; incoherently] strong".
Chi-Chi "[obliterates; erases] the dinosaur". (Is this enough proof for vaporization?)
Apparently, her helmet beam is a "kōsen" (光線), or a "ray of light", specifically in regards to light, and optics, phototherapy, etc.

Man, there is this scene where Goku and Chi-Chi spar with each other that I wish was in the original series. That, and the scene where she and the Ox-King battle Red Ribbon Army soldiers. Or, really any scene where they do anything.

Chi-Chi is "[absurdly; unreasonably; nonsensically; preposterously; incoherently] strong".
Chi-Chi "[obliterates; erases] the dinosaur". (Is this enough proof for vaporization?)
Apparently, her helmet beam is a "kōsen" (光線), or a "ray of light", specifically in regards to light, and optics, phototherapy, etc.

Time to calc Yamcha’s speed for dodging chi chi’s laser which is a ray of light

Don't usually comment here, and don't plan to follow it, but any DBS character losing this match is non-sense. Figured I'd drop the match here for ya'll to vote for Krillin to stop the FRA train. Toodles 😬
Nah I stay the **** away from undertale, that side of the site makes over here look like weenie hut junior. People hand Sans more Ws than they do with like sonic or luffy

Don't usually comment here, and don't plan to follow it, but any DBS character losing this match is non-sense. Figured I'd drop the match here for ya'll to vote for Krillin to stop the FRA train. Toodles 😬
Clearly you didn't see the Golden Freeza vs Sans match which had the exact same braindead Sans FRA crap.

What happens in the movie isn't really elaborated on, does a guidebook like explain what happened?
If you watch the sequence slowed down and in HQ it really does look like his Kamehameha triggers a massive solar flare preceding an explosion that destroys the sun.

No idea how or why it's back a bit later though, I'd guess Toei just wanted to depict a feat like that without trying to explain the repercussions

If you watch the sequence slowed down and in HQ it really does look like his Kamehameha triggers a massive solar flare preceding an explosion that destroys the sun.

No idea how or why it's back a bit later though, I'd guess Toei just wanted to depict a feat like that without trying to explain the repercussions
Maybe the explosion blocked the sunlight from reaching Earth, and that's why everything turned black for a moment

That isn't intimidation, that is the Barbarian flying into a blind rage.
I was gonna respond and say that that visual flair is more consistently used for sensing something wrong, but then I remembered that later in this very arc they had Vegeta use that visual flair to signify his rage right before he fired the Gamma Flash.

So like shouldn’t base Goku get a “possibly” scaling to Ikari Broly? at least in durability? and SSJ gets a “likely” scaling to Ikari Broly

EDIT: nvm im a a fool

Also, Porunga can restore the Earth and everyone that lived there, and he is weaker than the Namekian Warriors with a power level of 3000. This can upgrade the scallling chain

Also, Porunga can restore the Earth and everyone that lived there, and he is weaker than the Namekian Warriors with a power level of 3000. This can upgrade the scallling chain
But that's the thing Porunga currently scales off restoring the Earth via reality warping. Shouldn't he scale to the energy he restored to Goku as well?

Also note that in Dragon Ball there seems to be a disconnect of sorts. Dende, for example, can heal any fighters regardless of power level back into peak physical condition (and despite the fact he has very low “Divine Power.”). Conversely, Trunks’ Kai-Gained ability was limited and could only restore 1 fighter (of Black Arc SSB) level to full strength and could not restore Vegeta past “able to sit up.” It was mainly only useful for the non-combatants (Mai and Gowasu). And the Namekian in the Granolah side of things (Monaito) had a limited healing ability that improved over the arc’s time, getting faster and better as time passed (Monaito could also heal fighters into peak condition, just with substantially more time needed than Dende. Esca {From Moro’s Arc} was the same.)

TL;DR, each ability is tailored to them to some degree and thus I don’t think you can cross scale them. At best, considering the Namekians seem to heal regardless of a fighter’s condition, it’s not scalable for them (just an ability) and Trunks’ ability does have a scalable variant due to the regenerative energy limit he has. But even then, it’s heavily implied this is unrelated to his strength and instead just the limit of his powers, because Trunks is completely outclassed the entire Arc.

Dende doesn't scale to the people he heals. Also, it's reality warping.
Also note that in Dragon Ball there seems to be a disconnect of sorts. Dende, for example, can heal any fighters regardless of power level back into peak physical condition (and despite the fact he has very low “Divine Power.”). ).
Dende's healing scales off the strength of who he is healing and how severe their wounds are. So while he is able to heal very powerful people it's clear the more power they have (Ki) the longer it takes him to heal them. Implying there is some correlation with healing and Ki. That's not to say Dende's own raw power scales to them but it's clear his healing has its limits, there is some level of transference from Dende's own power into the power of his target.

And the Namekian in the Granolah side of things (Monaito) had a limited healing ability that improved over the arc’s time, getting faster and better as time passed (Monaito could also heal fighters into peak condition, just with substantially more time needed than Dende. Esca {From Moro’s Arc} was the same.)
While they weren't heavily injured, Monaito was able to instantly restore Goku and Vegeta back to peak strength. And Granolah who was coughing up blood. Maybe you could argue the actual issue for Dende was primarily the severity of Goku's wound but I believe there is an argument that Monaito's healing evolved past Dende's level as he can restore godly power for multiple individuals in rapid succession.

My guess is that it's a mixture of the user's own Ki and the quality of their Healing ability. I'd say Ki transfers into Healing at some sort of ratio and that ratio expands as your Healing skill improves with practice. Trunks could only heal one person at a time because he only just started using the ability but has plenty of Ki whereas Dende is experienced with healing and can heal multiple powerful fighters despite being much weaker. Monaito likely has more Ki than Dende and evolved his Healing ability past Dende's level by the end of the Granolah Saga.

User's Ki * Healing quality = Healing level
Level 1 Healing - Can only heal one person fully and likely takes a very long time to heal people with very high levels of power. (Trunks)
Level 2 Healing - Can heal multiple people fully but takes longer to heal people with very high levels of power. (Dende)
Level 3 Healing - Can heal multiple people fully even if they have very high levels of power. (Monaito)

Last edited:
He says that he can if he restores his energy to normal levels, so looks like he can't restore him to full power
Screenshot_158.png

Where?

Screenshot_159.png

I wanna point out that a distinction is made between Dende's healing granting energy, and Porunga outright giving energy on his own.
This is backed up by Goku not losing his wounds/bruising after getting his energy replenished
Screenshot_160.png

Anyway, that still would fall under Magic/Reality Warping hax and would not affect his AP.
It’s literally based on the user it’s the reason why characters don’t get resistance to Reality Warping for Shenron’s power not affecting them because Shenron’s power is limited by the person using the DBs hence why Shenron couldn’t kill Vegeta and Nappa because KamI isn’t stronger than either

Back