• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Go whatever you feel is right.
Even though, like, the Mummy was scared spitless by Goku's distinct lack of fighting style during their fight. Again, terrorizing via demeanor is Social Influencing, too.
I thought it was a lack of openings? Unless the Viz TL is wrong (which wouldn't be surprising. Also, to clarify, this IS a legitimate question I am asking.)

Go whatever you feel is right.
Even though, like, the Mummy was scared spitless by Goku's distinct lack of fighting style during their fight. Again, terrorizing via demeanor is Social Influencing, too.
All For One, Shigaraki, All Might All have fear Manipulation for the same reason

All For One and Tomura kept theirs on the grounds that their willpower is shown to carry a supernatural presence like against Incite and within the Vestige World. All Might was agreed to have his replaced with Social Influencing, but the thread for applying that has been abandoned. Unless Ki has been shown to instill fear within its targets directly, rather than frightening another character via being stronger, no go, methinks.

All For One and Tomura kept theirs on the grounds that their willpower is shown to carry a supernatural presence like against Incite and within the Vestige World. All Might was agreed to have his replaced with Social Influencing, but the thread for applying that has been abandoned. Unless Ki has been shown to instill fear within its targets directly, rather than frightening another character via being stronger, no go, methinks.
Idk, Moro couldn't sense PUI Goku and Goku was literally just walking towards him and didn't didn't show off the gap in power yet

I think the Ki-related Fearhax should be related to specific characters, like Moro or {Toei} Cell, whose energy are like a mass of screaming (1) Souls (2), and that everything else can just be social influencing. The only other relevant fear inducement across the franchise is just Hit and Goku, and technically nothing about that scene indicates it was Ki doing that—They literally just glare at Champa, after all.

I think the Ki-related Fearhax should be related to specific characters, like Moro or {Toei} Cell, whose energy are like a mass of screaming (1) Souls (2), and that everything else can just be social influencing. The only other relevant fear inducement across the franchise is just Hit and Goku, and technically nothing about that scene indicates it was Ki doing that—They literally just glare at Champa, after all.
I agree this makes sense to me as well
I'll change it to social influencing then, it will fit better
Could it be passive social influencing or nah?

question fellas
Ki should have some type of limited clairvoyance right?
  • Bardock and the Kanassans
  • Goku reading the minds of Krillin and Buu
  • Knowing the evil intent of your enemy ahead of their attacks
  • Goku and Gohan seeing how a fight between Basil and Krillin would play out
  • Goku and Gohan watching Cell attack Piccolo and 17
are any of these examples that can go to Ki users in general?

question fellas
Probably not this. This was something the Kanassans did due to their physiology, which they then cursed Bardock with (as far as I recall).
Yeah, this could work, but most can’t do this—It’s specified that Goku achieved this through “Sharpening his mind,” so realistically if it IS Ki related it’d be Goku-Exclusive and not on a Verse Page/Blog.
Same here.
Insert Plankton Correct Meme.
Insert Plankton Correct Meme.
Another worthwhile example would be Tien and Piccolo watching Vegeta from the lookout against Semi-Perfect Cell. However, my only gripe is I wouldn’t describe it as “watching” (for GENERAL Ki Users, not Goku) since it’s mostly them sensing the combat between energy sources. The best explicit example of this is Cell, who used his Sensory to do the same—And was able to deduce he was fighting an Android due to no second large Ki Signature.

So it’s less them “Seeing” the fight and more them “Understanding/Sensing The Flow of Battle.” If that all makes sense.

I say this because there’s a pretty explicit difference made between THIS sight and the actual Clairvoyance used by a character like Kami, whose “sight” allowed him to literally see Cell whereas Piccolo had no clue what his counterpart was talking about whatsoever. Same with what Goku did in the Regen Pod/In his Coma compared to everyone else’s sensory.

This could be for general Ki Sense but we'd need some examples.
I believe this is fair as it appears to be a form of Image Training. We see in the same arc that Freeza was able to simulate endless battles with Goku via meditation and it was clearly accurate because he was able to match Goku's movements and strength. If Goku didn't have those extra 3 years in the HTC or the chance to fight the likes of Hit, Black and Zamasu he would have likely lost.

Unfortunately I don't think this one can work. The Daizenshuu 4 lists Telepathy as a unique characteristic of Goku among the saiyans, same with Vegeta's Fake Moon. Meaning other Saiyans do not have Telepathy or the Fake Moon.

For anyone too lazy to click, this is what it says:
"A telepathic ability blossomed through intense training.
Just by holding his hand over someone's head, he reads their memories. While asleep, he hears what everyone says amidst his dreams. These various forms of telepathy are a result of undergoing intense training and sharpening his spirit."​
It uses Goku speaking in Gohan's mind during the Saiyan Saga as an example of this ability.

question fellas
Yeah, we have this

Actually, looking at the telepathy of Moro (was looking for examples) it occurs to me that the telepathy may also have different types, similar to Anime Piccolo's reference to how they fly. (He claims his version is superior to Bukujutsu, and thus uses less energy and flies faster, allowing him to keep up). I say this because when he specifically refers to the Telepathy between Piccolo and Dende as a Namekian ability. Mind you, it cannot be extrapolated he was referring to Dende's healing, because he mentions that separately here. This parallels the Dai. 4 statements on Namekian abilities, stating they have inherent Telepathy. (Separate from the Telepathy that is achieved by sharpening one's Spirit Goku did). All of that context is important, because he defines this Telepathy as a distinctly a "Namekian ability," compared to his own telepathy he used to speak to Cranberry, or the Memory Reading he used on Buu. This isn't to say it's superior or worse, or even needs a mention on pages, but I find it interesting how there seems to be a greater effort/emphasis on how abilities work relative to each other or categorized.

Hey, Awkguy, (and anyone else who would like to assist), would you be willing to help me split up the work between watching and categorizing the feats of the OG DB Anime (for a Toei Kid Goku profile)? There's 153 episodes in total, and some of it has pretty important stuff, like learning Ki on a more foundational level from Master Mutaito, fighting and training with Masters Shen and Roshi in their prime, the Time Travel room on Kami's Lookout used for training, fighting that super giant chick and also meeting Grandpa Gohan a second time, etc.

I was thinking of assigning a given amount of episodes per person (splitting up the episodes between us) to then cover individually before coming together into one larger profile.

Hey, Awkguy, (and anyone else who would like to assist), would you be willing to help me split up the work between watching and categorizing the feats of the OG DB Anime (for a Toei Kid Goku profile)? There's 153 episodes in total, and some of it has pretty important stuff, like learning Ki on a more foundational level from Master Mutaito, fighting and training with Masters Shen and Roshi in their prime, the Time Travel room on Kami's Lookout used for training, fighting that super giant chick and also meeting Grandpa Gohan a second time, etc.

I was thinking of assigning a given amount of episodes per person (splitting up the episodes between us) to then cover individually before coming together into one larger profile.
I'm down I definitely suggest joining the discord we have for DB if you are not on there already

I cant believe that you guys accept the middlefinger from the DD guy

Said guy ignored your neutral zone thingy

Not really a fan of higher dimensions so i just skimmed thourgh it but i see what he did there:sneaky:

So
It was brought to my attention that Goku apparently

Made a star

In the first Cooler movie (I legitimately didn’t recall this but upon checking, it turns out he DID)

And uh

I’m curious as to how that affects the Toei scaling chain. Just curious.

thumbdrake.jpg

Why doesn't piccolo have Danmaku for the hell zone grenade?

Back