• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Hey, according to the GT Perfect Files, the 50x Super Saiyan multiplier is mere speculation.
Eh, that’s stretching what it’s saying massively. Though, if we were to consider the GT Perfect Files, then you could technically add the bit about Baby’s most advanced form (Pre-Oozaru) being his variation/“resembling SSJ3.” This is done in the same vein of the Revenge Death Ball, which is compared to an “Evil” Genki Dama, and thus you could potentially try to give him the relevant scaling chain multipliers.

Is the 50x to his stats or just his PL? If the multiplier references his PL doesn't that make the multiplier invalid?
All it says is: “The main external features are an aura and golden hair on one’s head which stands straight up, and after the transformation one’s battle power increases remarkably!! One theory is that it becomes as much as 50 times what it is normally!!” (The Bold is what Null is referencing).

“Battle Power” typically bring the term used for just estimation made by Ki Sensors/Martial Artists, not the defined numerical values known as “Power Levels.”

Even in the Daizenshuu it's not made clear. https://pm1.aminoapps.com/6853/d6bef1393a8d802cec4d4d2449bd3057ba366882v2_hq.jpg

In the Wiki battle power is another synonym to power levels and that's also a term I know it by.

Also stated as battle power in the Kazenshuu https://www.kanzenshuu.com/battle-power/databook/

Even in the Daizenshuu it's not made clear. https://pm1.aminoapps.com/6853/d6bef1393a8d802cec4d4d2449bd3057ba366882v2_hq.jpg

In the Wiki battle power is another synonym to power levels and that's also a term I know it by.

Yeah BP = PL it’s stated to multiply your BP by 50 times

Then can we even use the multiplier? Considering the Pl is not accepted as linearly increasing and affecting stats can we also apply the 50x multiplier to stats?
Well Kaioken is stated to multiply BP as well and yeah it would effect all stats since BP Is just the sensory of the amount of ki someone has and ki enhances all stats that we have a note for

Well Kaioken is stated to multiply BP as well and yeah it would effect all stats since BP Is just the sensory of the amount of ki someone has and ki enhances all stats that we have a note for

Yeah but since ki increase is not linear a 50x multiplier to PL wouldn't translate to a 50x multiplier to stats as well.

Friendly reminder that Burter is the fastest in the universe.

What do you mean?

It occurs to me faaaaar too late, now, but the amount of films that would be canon to GT from direct references to them would be way over I provided in the cosmology thread.

Since via including Fusion Reborn, that retroactively adds like 90% of the film villain roster. The only ones I don’t think are in GT or FR are the 3 ‘Droids from the A13 movie, and like, OG DB film antagonists.
I remember having mentions of Android in the canon DBZ manga

I remember having mentions of Android in the canon DBZ manga
bNDWPLF.png

Yeah but since ki increase is not linear a 50x multiplier to PL wouldn't translate to a 50x multiplier to stats as well.
There are statements about it multiplying the strenght itself in DBZ Kakarot and by Toriyama in SEG, and it would be scaled to Kaioken anyway which is directly mentioned to multiply stats, so we are fine even if we ignore the "multiply the battle power" thing

There are statements about it multiplying the strenght itself in DBZ Kakarot and by Toriyama in SEG, and it would be scaled to Kaioken anyway which is directly mentioned to multiply stats, so we are fine even if we ignore the "multiply the battle power" thing
Why would it be scaled to Kaioken? If it's on SEG that's fine.

Why would it be scaled to Kaioken? If it's on SEG that's fine.
This section here
However, more than that, SSJ is consistent with the showings in the manga as a 50x speed multiplier specifically. Goku using Kaio-ken x10 was being outpaced by 50% Frieza, and even Kaio-ken x20 while using a Kamehameha was at best equal to 50% Frieza's speed, yet using SSJ allowed Goku to speed blitz 50% Frieza, and even have an edge in speed over 100% Frieza.

Hmm, could it be that Akira toriyama wanted to add Toei Androids in the manga ?
Eh. Super Android 13! released four months after the chapter.
I think the real reason here is that Dr. Gero created twenty Androids, and Toriyama wanted to outline Gero's progress. And 13 is between 8 and 20.

Anywho...

I think the real reason here is that Dr. Gero created twenty Androids, and Toriyama wanted to outline Gero's progress. And 13 is between 8 and 20.
I think that since Tori highlighted 13, 14, and 15 as being nearly successful, Toei wanted to use the droids that Tori considered near successes and asked him for their designs (which they would then make a movie about). Or maybe Tori highlighted those three as a hint towards the film?

Anywho...
I understand

Still waiting for Ultimate SSJ Gohan
I mean, it seems like GT Gohan is the only Gohan to take that sort of stance, as GT Perfect files states he still kept up with his training, maintaining his “Ultimate” form in his base and then he goes SSJ on top of that form a power boost.

Despite the fact that’s not how it works in the source material…(Z)

Which technically is fine, because even the canon continuation (DBS) also works incorrectly in comparison to the source material…

Back