• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

You know, should we remove the Ghost Warrior keys from Cooler, Turles and Lord Slug?
Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans is a game and the Ghost Warriors technically aren't even said characters

Speaking of a downgrade, I want to remove or simply make it a “potentially” on Frieza’s disease manipulation resistance. The statement clearly only refers to Saiyan Children as the ones immune.

That's one reading of it.

But that's only if you're assuming that the [them] in that sentence refers to the types of Saiyans that the Galactic Patrol stand a chance against.

There are two other groups in that screenshot that the [them] can mean, which is Saiyans in general, or Raditz and Vegeta in the heading.

Considering the context, it looks like it is referring to Saiyans in general, not specifically Saiyan children.

That's one reading of it.

But that's only if you're assuming that the [them] in that sentence refers to the types of Saiyans that the Galactic Patrol stand a chance against.

There are two other groups in that screenshot that the [them] can mean, which is Saiyans in general, or Raditz and Vegeta in the heading.

Considering the context, it looks like it is referring to Saiyans in general, not specifically Saiyan children.
I wasn’t implying Saiyans lose their disease resistance with age, I’m saying that this sentence refers to Saiyan children (and thus Saiyans), and not Frieza, who is not given those same capabilities in this WoG.

Speaking of a downgrade, I want to remove or simply make it a “potentially” on Frieza’s disease manipulation resistance. The statement clearly only refers to Saiyan Children as the ones immune.
He has the resistance because the galactic patrol can make extinction bombs aimed for targeted races, but Freeza is someone that GP avoids completely so it's easy to assume it doesn't work on him, but a potentially may be more appropriate

random post

It just baffles me how underrated Toriyamas as an artist. That guy got a PhD when it comes to space and art work. Maybe i sound like a ********** but **** it, ima say it: Hes a ridiculously good illustrator. I just cant believe we havent seen anything of it in Dragonball.

Top tier artist whos skills gets overshadowed by Dragonball popularity.

Toriyama art book is defntively worth checking out. You will not regret it (y)

Btw i have started reading dr slump and its ******* great. I cant believe that this manga is from the 80s.

random post

It just baffles me how underrated Toriyamas as an artist. That guy got a PhD when it comes to space and art work. Maybe i sound like a ********** but ***** it, ima say it: Hes a ridiculously good illustrator. I just cant believe we havent seen anything of it in Dragonball.

Top tier artist whos skills gets overshadowed by Dragonball popularity.

Toriyama art book is defntively worth checking out. You will not regret it (y)

Btw i have started reading dr slump and its ***** great. I cant believe that this manga is from the 80s.
Reading his manga is a whole different experience with the flow and choreography of it and his paneling

Reading his manga is a whole different experience with the flow and choreography of it and his paneling

Honestly

I would pay big money for a mech manga :love: :love: . Been waiting for it for such a long time .... His ability to illustrate is so freaksih good and now add Toriyamas panelist skills ... wohoho that shit would be a best seller.

Few weeks later:" **** this sh*t!!! I aint doing it anymore" haha.

Hes is now definitely in my top illustrator list: Miura (Berserk), Inoue (Vagabond), Kazushi Hagiwari) Bastar-d!!! (Bastar-d!!!), Murata (OPM) & Toriyama

Last edited:
wut o_O

Why the hell is DB finite ... did you weirdos use some fake scans or some shit? 🤣

What the hell did i miss ...
what-the.gif

wut o_O

Why the hell is DB finite ... did you weirdos use some fake scans or some shit? 🤣

what-the.gif
The argument was that Hateshinai and other words that can be synonymous with infinite could only be used metaphorically and that it wasn’t legit and that some scans being poetic language =/= literal we only got a Japanese translator to speak on the crt after it was pretty much accepted so nun we could do 🤷‍♀️

HOLY SHIT THE ORIGINAL TIMELINE IS THE ONE CELL CAME FROM AND CELL TRAVELING TO THE PAST CREATED TRUNKS'S TIMELINE AND TRUNKS TRAVELLING TO THE PAST CREATED OUR TIMELINE (I THINK) DRAGON BALL FOREVER CALLS CELL'S TIMELINES "DIMENSION 1" AND TRUNKS'S TIMELINE "DIMENSION 2"

At the very least, the Milky Way in Dragon Ball is twice as large as in the real world, seeing as how our galaxy only has 100 billion stars.
Our current estimates of the Milky Way having 100 billion stars are just that, estimates, they may very well be wrong (and have been in the past). Generally large galaxies like the Milky Way and tha Andromeda galaxy are believed to have stars ranging from 200 billion to 400 billion. Also that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s twice as large in volume/size, you do realize there is a massive amount of space between stars right?

HOLY SHIT THE ORIGINAL TIMELINE IS THE ONE CELL CAME FROM AND CELL TRAVELING TO THE PAST CREATED TRUNKS'S TIMELINE AND TRUNKS TRAVELLING TO THE PAST CREATED OUR TIMELINE (I THINK) DRAGON BALL FOREVER CALLS CELL'S TIMELINES "DIMENSION 1" AND TRUNKS'S TIMELINE "DIMENSION 2"
Yeah that makes sense. Actually the original timeline should be the universe 12 one.

Also if the endless darkness statement is enough for DMC to get an infinite universe no idea why it can't be used for DB.

At the very least, the Milky Way in Dragon Ball is twice as large as in the real world, seeing as how our galaxy only has 100 billion stars.
Also note that not only is Earth at the edge of the Universe (according to DBS), but Earth is also at the edge of our Galaxy (according to Jaco the Patrolman).

(For reference, the Solar System is only 25K Light Years away from the galactic center, and the edge {at least according to this article} would be at around 35x further away than our Solar System is from the galactic center IRL.)

Why doesn't the Galactic Patrol use the Extinction Bomb on Freeza's army after he wipes out the Saiyans if the Saiyans are the only ones immune to it.
The Extinction Bomb works on a specific race (the one it’s programmed to kill), one, so just dropping it on Frieza’s army wouldn’t be all that effective considering it has a vast and diverse array of species working within the Frieza Force. It’s just not practical, or effective.

But also, as said by Toriyama himself, Frieza’s beaten the tar out of them before, and it’s taboo to talk about him (and presumably his army). Even if you wanted to say this attempt likely means they tried to use the Extinction Bomb, we don’t know the mechanics of how he survived it. We don’t know if it simply wasn’t activated in time, if Frieza walked it off, etc. Which is why I want to put it as a potentially.

Yeah that makes sense. Actually the original timeline should be the universe 12 one.

Also if the endless darkness statement is enough for DMC to get an infinite universe no idea why it can't be used for DB.
DMC has more than 1 statement that calls the DW infinite in size. Last I counted, there was 7, though since we’re not counting PoC, probably more like 4.

The Extinction Bomb works on a specific race (the one it’s programmed to kill), one, so just dropping it on Frieza’s army wouldn’t be all that effective considering it has a vast and diverse array of species working within the Frieza Force. It’s just not practical, or effective.

But also, as said by Toriyama himself, Frieza’s beaten the tar out of them before, and it’s taboo to talk about him (and presumably his army). Even if you wanted to say this attempt likely means they tried to use the Extinction Bomb, we don’t know the mechanics of how he survived it. We don’t know if it simply wasn’t activated in time, if Frieza walked it off, etc. Which is why I want to put it as a potentially.
Each member of the Galactic Patrol has an Extinction Bomb. There are shown to be hundreds of Patrollers at minimum, likely thousands. There aren't even hundreds of different races in the Freeza Force. So once again, what exactly is stopping the Galactic Patrol from defeating Freeza? Just key up dozens of Extinction Bombs and get to work.

No, really. If they just went to a warzone Freeza was at and keyed their Extinction bombs to each species in his army and detonated them on the attacked planet they could wipe out his entire army. Especially if they lured Freeza out and released a virus keyed to his own race. This wouldn't even be a danger to innocents of those various species because Freeza would be attacking planets he hasn't already enslaved or wiped out. That doesn't even get into the fact that if the Extinction Bomb worked then Jaco could have just keyed a bomb to Freeza's species and used it in RoF. Instantly ending the invasion.

And if it were Freeza that 'beat the tar' out of them then why didn't even a single Galactic Patroller detonate an Extinction Bomb keyed to his species? Keep in mind King Cold was active for decades or even centuries beforehand with his Cold Force so this isn't some sort of first encounter with his kind.

You're essentially arguing that the Galactic Patrol never ever attempted to use an Extinction Bomb against their worst enemy who embodies everything they stand against and they just chickened out when we've seen time and again that they're willing to put their lives on the line for their duties. The only reason the Galactic Patrol would stop even trying with Freeza is if they deduced there was nothing they could do full stop.

Also, which one would have more priority, Dragon Ball Minus, or DBS: Broly?

I ask because Bardock’s reason for sending Goku away in the Manga is that he senses the presence of death, which could be used as a sensory feat for him.
Pretty sure Broly takes precedence because Toriyama directly worked on it and it's the latest iteration on the scene with the manga even referencing its events. Also I don't think that's meant to be taking as a literal extrasensory ability otherwise Gine wouldn't follow up questioning his behaviour, she'd be asking what he means by 'sensing death'.

Basically, any mention of the universe having infinite size is hyperbole, but I recall that even koyama confirms that such statements can be interpreted literally.
wut o_O

what-the.gif

Back