• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Character's that are on the same level as Goku can still react to Oozaru's attacks

Wha-? Like, Oozaru Vegeta? Because Goku literally says Oozaru Vegeta was faster than he thought he could be. And both Krillin and Gohan only interact as distraction and failed (1) attacker (2) respectively.

If you mean Pilaf and the 21st World MA Tournament, the only one (outside of one other) who directly reacts to his attacks is Roshi (which makes perfect sense). Everyone (1) else (2) is (3) evading (4) debris (5) from (6) his (7) rampage. The only exception to this is Yamcha, and we can easily call it an outlier. (Considering the multiplier wasn’t established until the Saiyan Saga over 200 chapters later, this is still the relatively gag-manga era of Dragon Ball, and Toriyama notably writes things as he thinks of them without further planning, from a meta perspective it’s literally just the result of something not existing in the creator’s head when the moment occurred).

Hell, even if we didn’t, Goku before he transformed was notably tired, as in OG DB Goku’s power is significantly affected when he’s hungry. Goku is also made tired in this instance from trying to escape the cell via his attacks and the Kamehameha (1) Wave (2), which at this time was a lot more costly to him than it would be in the future and consumes a lot of his stamina.

It’s also implied he’s been trying for quite some time, so it could be faaaaar more than the two we saw him fire, as the panties wish was made in the middle of the night, and they’re currently trying to escape before they are cooked alive by the Sun—And yet in between chapter end (where Pilaf declares he’ll let them boil alive right after their wish was wasted) and start of the next chapter Dawn is already approaching and they’ve been trying to escape for “some time.”

So you could just argue that, similar to how the Power Ball decreased Vegeta’s Oozaru power level due to critical energy use before transformation, Goku was afflicted by the same.

Chi-Chi definitely had a lot of potential there. So much that I can't help but wonder if she would have been the strongest Earthling if she had trained under the likes of Roshi, Korin, Popo, Kami and King Kai.
So true, makes me wonder why Kami trained everyone for the Saiyan invasion (even Yajirobe) but didn't think to train Chi-Chi as well.

Last edited:
Crazy how Chi-Chi with just her father's training was able to reach such a level. If you go off Guidebook power levels she had a power of 130 during the 23rd Budokai, that's not far off from Roshi and Goku in the 21st Budokai (Roshi listed as 139). And from what we can tell the Ox King is nowhere near Roshi as a fighter or teacher, especially since Chi-Chi never shows the ability to externalise her Ki.

Chi-Chi definitely had a lot of potential there. So much that I can't help but wonder if she would have been the strongest Earthling if she had trained under the likes of Roshi, Korin, Popo, Kami and King Kai.
Where do you think the Beast form came from 😏?

So true, makes me wonder why Kami trained everyone for the Saiyan invasion (even Yajirobe) but didn't think to train Chi-Chi as well.
It's a little odd to me. Maybe I'm misremembering something about her character but it feels like if Chi-Chi was warned about the saiyans and how Gohan was being trained to fight them she would be all gung-ho for training on the Lookout to beat the snot out of Piccolo, Nappa and Vegeta and keep Gohan safe.

Where do you think the Beast form came from 😏?
Imagine if it really does come from Chi-Chi's bloodline. Wonder if Goten Beast is a possibility or if he'd take after his dad's side more.

It's sad that Toriyama just didn't utilize Chi Chi to her full potential 😔...

Also, what are your guys favorite Chi Chi design? Mines is her look during the 23rd Budokai.

I was talking about Demon King Piccolo, but after awhile I remembered that he was created through fissioning. So by being "Kami's evil", he is literally just a clone of the Nameless Namekian.

I was talking about Demon King Piccolo, but after awhile I remembered that he was created through fissioning. So by being "Kami's evil", he is literally just a clone of the Nameless Namekian.

Jamemba or Buu were mostly the closest. And both had some good regen to go along with that. Also damn I want Jamemba to be canon and Hirudegam. The other's I don't care that much.

I hate that Yūki thing, with the Daizenshuu 2 saying that Goku gave Ki to Gohan. He was holding back because he was afraid of damaging the Earth, and Goku reminded him that even if he did, the Dragon Balls could repair the damage, and then he stopped holding back.

Genki and Shōki are the most represented concepts in-universe; y'know, Goku extracts genki from the surrounding world and coverts the energy into Ki through his body, and, like with Kale or Ginyu-Goku, right-mindness determined their strength.

I hate that Yūki thing, with the Daizenshuu 2 saying that Goku gave Ki to Gohan. He was holding back because he was afraid of damaging the Earth, and Goku reminded him that even if he did, the Dragon Balls could repair the damage, and then he stopped holding back.

Genki and Shōki are the most represented concepts in-universe; y'know, Goku extracts genki from the surrounding world and coverts the energy into Ki through his body, and, like with Kale or Ginyu-Goku, right-mindness determined their strength.
I think Yuki was well represented with Trunks's Spirit Sword, and possibly Ribrianne's power of love may come from that too. In that sense, Shoki is the only concept that hasn't been used to create a Genki Dama, I wonder if we will see something similar in the future

I think Yuki was well represented with Trunks's Spirit Sword, and possibly Ribrianne's power of love may come from that too. In that sense, Shoki is the only concept that hasn't been used to create a Genki Dama, I wonder if we will see something similar in the future
I think yūki is like Goku and Krilin when fighting physical illusions made of fear that haunts the deepest recesses of their hearts by controlling their Ki and thoughts, back when they were in the Forest of Terror

The Kamikaze Fireballs use the Power of Love, which is magic. I wrote an article on it.
Can we resist the manipulation of fragrance as well as someone who resists the effects of the Light of Love? I'm honestly asking this because I see some characters have resistance to fragrance manipulation because he's not affected by the side effects of fragrance-based hax

You could argue that Yūki is represented earlier on, like how Gohan’s cowardice in his youth kept him from accessing even the power he already acquired via his training. Or how the cowardly Frieza soldiers couldn’t utilize Ki correctly and instead used rifles to harness their energy.

You could also argue that Yūki directly ties into right-mindedness (Shōki). Like when Tienshinhan in the 22nd Ten. was directly harmed emotionally, he also decreased in power. It’s also presumably the differentiating factor outside of skill when it comes to characters of identical power. And it also is potentially part of what Goku was referring to in the Buu Saga when it came to Gohan’s power, since he seemed incredibly confident the Hybrid could just get all his power back outside of just his standard rage boosts—(Literally some of his suggestions were channeling his feelings and controlling his thoughts, not throwing another tantrum).

Would it not be that they’re merely observing time flow in the Living World? I mean, that’s literally what they do with the HTC, which has its own unique and separate time flow too. (Old Kai and Whis).
Yeah, I don’t think time propagating identically between separate spaces has ever debunked multiple space-times (though that talking point comes up in every “3-A macrocosm” downgrade you’ll see).

I feel like it would more-so contradict Otherworld being low 1-C via transcending time. The idea is that there would be no need for Goku to rush to the Living World in the Saiyan Saga if it were outside time, because from the afterlife’s perspective, no time would pass for the Living World (or maybe the Afterlife would view the Living World’s past/present/future simultaneously).

I’m a pretty big proponent of 5-D afterlife personally (though that’s one of the most controversial ideas in all of contemporary Vs Debating), but contradictions like these specifically would make that impossible for this site.

Back