• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yes, that seems to be what I am referring to. Although that's specifically for the Demon Clan whereas I am under the impression that anyone evil enough can be considered a 'demon' and have the same effect.
Demon King Piccolo and his Dark Vassals are pure evil, which is why their bodies had been corrupted and mutated.
Nappa happened to be evil, too, and the Z-Fighters all appeared in Other World.

Eh the mythos between Dragon Ball and Z was really different. Even during the Piccolo fight things were much more Eastern. After that the theme significantly changed.

Sounds like Iyoku has had some friction at Shueisha for at least a year and we could be getting a new company for the Anime and Games, Capsule Corp Tokyo.

Demon King Piccolo and his Dark Vassals are pure evil, which is why their bodies had been corrupted and mutated.
Nappa happened to be evil, too, and the Z-Fighters all appeared in Other World.
Has Nappa ever been stated to be as evil as King Piccolo or his children? If we have clear examples of someone being as evil as him and their victims being confirmed to pass on properly then that would 100% debunk my interpretation and show it's unique to his clan.

I'll accept that there isn't enough evidence for what I think either way. I don't believe we've ever seen one of Freeza's victims end up in the Afterlife but it's true that isn't really confirmation. The closest is Gicchin being killed by someone referred to as a demon but it isn't stated if that was a literal demon or a demon like Piccolo.

I'll accept that there isn't enough evidence for what I think either way. I don't believe we've ever seen one of Freeza's victims end up in the Afterlife but it's true that isn't really confirmation. The closest is Gicchin being killed by someone referred to as a demon but it isn't stated if that was a literal demon or a demon like Piccolo.
Wasn't Vegeta killed by Freezer, yet revived by the Dragon Balls?

Edit: And Krillin certainly was

Wasn't Vegeta killed by Freezer, yet revived by the Dragon Balls?

Edit: And Krillin certainly was
All of the victims of King Piccolo and his children were revived, so clearly the DBs don't care about whether the souls are in limbo. If you mean Angels being unable to revive people killed by demons then that also doesn't confirm anything because Shenron could just have better resurrection than Angels.

Sounds like Iyoku has had some friction at Shueisha for at least a year and we could be getting a new company for the Anime and Games, Capsule Corp Tokyo.
Now we know why we didn't get an Anime.. (why there are no manga characters in Xenoverse and co)

Though I don't get how this works. I always thought, Toei had the rights for the Anime.

Regardless feel like this will result in a huge mess

Now we know why we didn't get an Anime.. (why there are no manga characters in Xenoverse and co)

Though I don't get how this works. I always thought, Toei had the rights for the Anime.

Regardless feel like this will result in a huge mess
I'm pretty sure we've already been through the mess. The manga hiatus, lack of news on anything, no anime, etc is probably all because of this situation. Iyoku no longer works at Shueisha and it's extremely unlikely his company will get the rights to the anime and games. The only way this could continue is if he somehow got his way. I've also heard Iyoku is some sort of nostalgia diehard and is the one who pushed things like Future Trunks, Gohan Beast (If you somehow don't know compare it to SS2 Teen Gohan.) and so on into Super so it's possible that without his influence we'll see less nostalgia bait in the future.

I don't want to demonise some guy I don't even know but currently I have the feeling that Iyoku has been more or less responsible for the past year of absolute nothing and him being kept out of DB will end up healthy for the IP.

I'm pretty sure we've already been through the mess. The manga hiatus, lack of news on anything, no anime, etc is probably all because of this situation. Iyoku no longer works at Shueisha and it's extremely unlikely his company will get the rights to the anime and games. The only way this could continue is if he somehow got his way. I've also heard Iyoku is some sort of nostalgia diehard and is the one who pushed things like Future Trunks, Gohan Beast (If you somehow don't know compare it to SS2 Teen Gohan.) and so on into Super so it's possible that without his influence we'll see less nostalgia bait in the future.

I don't want to demonise some guy I don't even know but currently I have the feeling that Iyoku has been more or less responsible for the past year of absolute nothing and him being kept out of DB will end up healthy for the IP.
I feel like him making his owm company is an overly bold move if he doesn't have an ace up his sleeve which I presume.

He probably co owns Dragonball to some degree. Probably like 20% and the remaining % are split between Toriyama and Shueisha.

I mean why else would Shueisha consider negotiating with him? It wouldn't make sense if he doesn't have anything over them.

In the worst case scenario the power struggle will cost us both Tenkaichi 4 and DBS season 2...

I don't believe it was ever stated or shown that Krillin was in the Afterlife when killed by Freeza. There are victims of Super Buu and Innocent Buu that are shown in the Afterlife but nothing for Kid Buu, who is the real 'pure evil' incarnation. And I'd argue that was because of the Grand Supreme Kai in Super and Innocent Buu.
Hm. It’s not very clear. It’s (weakly) implied here that Krillin never made it to King Kai, (as Piccolo establishes a difference between Krillin versus “those who are at King Kai’s”), but it could be that Piccolo was referring to the state of their Souls Pre-Revival, as Krillin’s was directly Summoned. We also know that Krillin’s Soul was to some degree trapped on Namek, because if he was revived he’d appear there to die again because he’d revive there. However, this is directly treated as the revival standard—Not something Krillin is dealing with due to circumstances, but that everyone revives where they die (Cosmic Jurisdiction, as it where).

Personally, I don’t think Frieza qualifies. At least, not at the moment. Though none of Frieza’s victims are ever seen in the afterlife, funnily enough…

All of the victims of King Piccolo and his children were revived, so clearly the DBs don't care about whether the souls are in limbo. If you mean Angels being unable to revive people killed by demons then that also doesn't confirm anything because Shenron could just have better resurrection than Angels.
Like Evil Buu, Demon King Piccolo is Kami's evil expunged and given form, his Ki described as "demonic".
異常気象が原因で地球へ来た1人のナメック星人が、神になるために悪の心を追い出した結果、 "悪"が実体化。以降、魔族という悪の集団を増やしていった。

A Namekian that migrated to the Earth due to abnormal weather conditions expelled his evil heart in order to become a god, and as a result, "evil" materialized. Since then, the evil group called "demons" has been increasing.
They are the 魔族, the mazoku, "demons".

So are you saying that Demon King Piccolo is more of a special existence as pure evil given form, akin to Evil Buu? So natural beings like Freeza shouldn't be considered?
Evil Buu is the personification of the evil of humans that Buu expelled, I believe he should gain something from it

They might be.
I don't think Universe 11 had a Kami that split into a Piccolo. Just different races of demons.

Doesn't Garlic Jr. have the abilities?

You know, actually, shouldn’t Dabura also have the ability to prevent ascension into the Afterlife?
Yes but ironically he might lack it in Toei because he became good while in Heaven. Notably, he was sent to Heaven because he could suffer most there rather than anywhere in Hell. Which reminds me of Freeza who was sent to a heavenly part of Hell as punishment. Which implies there is a difference between Freeza's Hell and Heaven that'd make it more bearable for Dabura.

They might be.
I don't think Universe 11 had a Kami that split into a Piccolo. Just different races of demons.

Doesn't Garlic Jr. have the abilities?
What about Janemba? I mean he's an existence of pure evil similar to King Piccolo, Evil Buu and Kid Buu.

does dabura qualifies as "pure evil" like, i know that he is indeed evil, but is he AS evil and King Piccolo and Kid Buu?
Unknown, but it’s specifically about Demons, which evil can turn you into. In the case of Dabura, as a naturally born Demon it seems like he should also be capable of it, hence why I brought him up.

Yall think the new Phy Turles render is better than the one Turles currently has, or nah?
_dokkanbattle__turles_hd_render_by_brando_edits_dfyh4a7-pre.png

Oh, and how is this for head canon. King Kai (who can sense god ki) confirms Goku never reached SSG level without the ceremony until after going Blue...

Watch from 2:30

This blatantly confirms base Goku RoF arc<<<SSG Goku BoG arc.

This isn't my counter argument, but would you respond to it?

Oh, and how is this for head canon. King Kai (who can sense god ki) confirms Goku never reached SSG level without the ceremony until after going Blue...

Watch from 2:30

This blatantly confirms base Goku RoF arc<<<SSG Goku BoG arc.

This isn't my counter argument, but would you respond to it?

… You’re still on this Krillin and the others literally state Goku went SSJG, turned into a deity, went SSJG without the ritual. They literally confirms Goku uses SSG (God Ki) + SSJ to go SSGSS. This literally confirms he didn’t use god ki until turning blue because they confused blue for god. They can also sense Goku’s Ki again when he ran out of the SSJG form in BoG too.

Atp it seems like you’re purposefully being disingenuous.

Been thinking that Beerus should hakai more characters in DBFZ

Only characters I think he'd Hakai in character is Kid Buu, Z Broly, and Janemba, but there's probably some others worth noting

Been thinking that Beerus should hakai more characters in DBFZ

Only characters I think he'd Hakai in character is Kid Buu, Z Broly, and Janemba, but there's probably some others worth noting
I mean, in DBFZ he Hakai’s who he does to reference the fact he actually Hakai’d those characters in canon. Allegedly, it even prevents Shenron from reviving them when you use the Dragon Balls.

Back