• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

The El Manga Legendario says that the Super Dodon Ray, Cyborg Tao's "ultimate technique", multiplies his power.
Nice. Cyborg Tao's profile also should be revised because he has a higher power level than Krillin who is moon level, but Tao only has a "likely" with Super Dodon Ray

Next Goku and Beerus won’t scale to their universe destroying feat 🥸
"Is not Goku and Beerus that are destroying the universe, but the shockwaves they causing. So they need to cause a shockwaves to destroy the universe, but they normal punches don't have the same strenght" Is a argument that i read before, ngl
Anyway, how is Chi-Chi's Attack Potency looking right now?
Looks good

We talked about multipliers having an effect on flight I think this might be important to bring up

Movement-type​
The Tsuru-sen School's Bukujutsu is famous among the movement-type techniques. This technique allows one to race through the sky through manipulating the ki inside one's body. Shunkan-ido, where by sensing someone's ki one can instantly move to their location, could also be said to be in this category of technique.

Bukujutsu
User(s): Goku, Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yamcha, Son Gohan, Son Goten, Videl, and numerous others
Shunkan-ido
User(s): Son Goku, Cell, Majin Buu

I noticed something I don't understand in the guidebook.

Kiai-type
As opposed to the other techniques here, which can bee seen in the shape of energy bullets, this category of technique cannot be directly seen by the naked eye. Things like the Kikoho and shockwaves are techniques included in this category.​

Kiais being invisible isn't news but what I'm confused about is under 'Other Techniques' it lists things like Nappa's Energy Wave, Gero's Energy Wave and even Freeza's Death Wave. And it seems like 'Other Techniques' is meant to be a section with additional examples.

So what is this? A mistranslation? Or are the Nappa/Gero Energy Waves and Death Wave really unable to be seen by the naked eye?

We talked about multipliers having an effect on flight I think this might be important to bring up

Movement-type​
The Tsuru-sen School's Bukujutsu is famous among the movement-type techniques. This technique allows one to race through the sky through manipulating the ki inside one's body. Shunkan-ido, where by sensing someone's ki one can instantly move to their location, could also be said to be in this category of technique.

Bukujutsu
User(s):Goku, Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yamcha, Son Gohan, Son Goten, Videl, and numerous others
Shunkan-ido
User(s):Son Goku, Cell, Majin Buu
I was gonna mention how Anime Piccolo uses something different (and allegedly superior) to Bukujutsu to fly, but then I remembered we don’t have an Anime Piccolo Profile.

Kiais being invisible isn't news
According to Toryiama and Kakarot's Z-Encyclopedia, Ki is intended to be invisible, only being sensed by skilled fighters, but Gohan says that Ki is materialized when blasted, and normal humans can see the Super Saiyan aura, which emits light energy, too.
Or are the Nappa/Gero Energy Waves and Death Wave really unable to be seen by the naked eye?
Nappa's Energy Wave is his invisible swipe attack that triggered a series of explosions so that checks out.
Dr. Gero's Energy Wave is a side-swiping beam of energy that triggers a series of explosion, but maybe the beam is an artistic representation.
The Death Beam is not, though. The beam is definitely corporeal and definitely burns targets. Unless Frieza is firing invisible Chinese lasers.

I noticed something I don't understand in the guidebook.

Kiai-type
As opposed to the other techniques here, which can bee seen in the shape of energy bullets, this category of technique cannot be directly seen by the naked eye. Things like the Kikoho and shockwaves are techniques included in this category.​

Kiais being invisible isn't news but what I'm confused about is under 'Other Techniques' it lists things like Nappa's Energy Wave, Gero's Energy Wave and even Freeza's Death Wave. And it seems like 'Other Techniques' is meant to be a section with additional examples.

So what is this? A mistranslation? Or are the Nappa/Gero Energy Waves and Death Wave really unable to be seen by the naked eye?
I mean, according to Toriyama Ki itself can’t be seen by the naked eye, either. So it’s possible that it’s true.

Welp, El Manga Legendario says that Frieza doubles his strength entering his Second Form. Can Third Form Frieza's power being "of another dimension" be used to argue that the gap between his Third and Second Form is larger than the gap between his Second and First Form?

Welp, El Manga Legendario says that Frieza doubles his strength entering his Second Form. Can Third Form Frieza's power being "of another dimension" be used to argue that the gap between his Third and Second Form is larger than the gap between his Second and First Form?
Well, his Power Level does go from 530,000 in his first form to 1,000,000 in his second form.

The technique referenced in the guidebook as invisible is the Daichi-Retsuzan (Death Wave) which in the manga is depicted as him charging visible energy in his fingers and doing a slashing motion then the next page just shows the aftermath. So perhaps the actual attack is invisible unlike the anime which shows Freeza actually project an energy slash that grows in size, rather than the planet being sliced instantly from the motion.

If we accepted the little gap between pages as sufficient evidence then that would be 2-to-1, leaving only Gero's laser as suspect.

I'd say that's a reasonable take. Third Form being at least equal to the gap between Second Form and First Form makes sense with the hype behind it.

Last edited:
Back