• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

The Kamehameha amplifies power exponentially in its base form.

Yes, Cell revealed enough Ki to destroy the solar system after charging the Solar Kamehameha for three different internal and external monologues from the Z-Fighters; and again, even ignoring the numerous supplemental descriptions of the battle detailing that Cell had been accumulating Ki over time and that its Solar Kamehameha was of even higher caliber than the Earth-Destroying Kamehameha, Goku's fight with Major Metrallitron, the giant octopus, old Demon King Piccolo, Raditz, Frieza, Cell, Majin Buu, Kid Buu, and Fusion Zamasu all prove that even relatively uncharged Kamehamehas upscale significantly above base stats.

That is fun.
Multiple people can be wrong. Case in point...

In all honesty, I, and a select few, may be the first ones to actually read the manga rather than skim through a couple of panels on a whim, but that is neither here nor there.
Every fighter comparable to the user can tank a Kamehameha. Roshi could stop Tien's, Piccolo could take Goku's, Vegeta survived the galick gun and the Kamehameha, Hit fighting inside the Kamehameha, Jiren taking MUI Goku's Kamehameha. Where did the headcannon that user's can't take Kamehameha come from?

Every fighter comparable to the user can tank a Kamehameha. Roshi could stop Tien's, Piccolo could take Goku's, Vegeta survived the galick gun and the Kamehameha, Hit fighting inside the Kamehameha, Jiren taking MUI Goku's Kamehameha. Where did the headcannon that user's can't take Kamehameha come from?
Reread the message and try to look for "Users cannot take Kamehamehas", because I cannot find that. Huh, weird.

That, and, like, this is a completely different matter from the Kamehameha amplifies stats.

Reread the message and try to look for "Users cannot take Kamehamehas", because I cannot find that. Huh, weird.
Then why aren't Tien And Goku the same in Durability as Roshi's Kamehameha or Roshi himself? They would win against him thus they have more ki than him. Why isn't Gohan and Cell Solar system( okay that one can be argued because they were both dead even and would die to the other's attack) but even for them they would still downscale from it. However beyond that Roshi was a done deal by Budokai 22 yet noone scales to his Kamehameha. If they can tank a Kamehameha then their durability is obviously good enough to scale to anything sort of suicidal attacks and those done with outside help.

Then why aren't Tien And Goku the same in Durability as Roshi's Kamehameha or Roshi himself? They would win against him thus they have more ki than him.
Why would Roshi use his moon-destroying Kamehameha in a tournament setting? Should Tien have Resistance to Hypnosis, and Sleep Manipulation, and Sealing, and Electricity Manipulation, too? Because apparently, "You would've beat me" is code for "Fighting you is impossible, and nothing I could have tried would've worked".

Why would Roshi use his moon-destroying Kamehameha in a tournament setting? Should Tien have Resistance to Hypnosis, and Sleep Manipulation, and Sealing, and Electricity Manipulation, too? Because apparently, "You would've beat me" is code for "Fighting you is impossible, and nothing I could have tried would've worked".
Why would he use the full AOE against Tien? When he could use the moon destroying Kamehameha just on Tien? I truly can't understand your logic. Also Roshi didn't use every haxy move he had same as Tien didn't and kept some things for Goku. Everything however pointed to them being nearly equals with Tien having an edge. That Roshi was again stronger than the Roshi who did the Kamehameha so why would Tien not scale to a weaker Roshi for being equal to a stronger Roshi? Also why would Roshi use sealing on Tien? Are you just saying random stuff now?

Was he stronger than the Kamehameha? The Kamehameha that requires that he releases the full strength of his muscles?
The full strength of his muscles is nothing more than the fact that Roshi us old and needs to augment his body to handle his ki which no other fighter needs to do. No idea why it's even important that he uses the full power of his muscles. What is he even gonna do with just his muscles. Knock over a tree? It's all a Matter of ki and both Tien and Goku had comparable amount to a stronger Roshi.

Also yes he was. He had to train to keep up. The Roshi that fought them was stronger than the Roshi that did the Kamehameha because his prior power was surpassed as he had stated himself and he needed to train to be able to fight them. Since Roshi just uses his full power in that form and a Kamehameha is able to be tanked by comparable fighters how is Roshi's Kamehameha not scaling to them? Because nah Roshi didn't use full buff Form so he was playing with them? Roshi still used a moderately buff Form to fight Tien and not gass immediately. Had he used the buff form Tien would have also used all his power and the result would be the same except with both more spent. The point is Roshi struggled against him and was tired. Tien forced Roshi to use a significant amount of his power by using the same or less. Why wouldn't he easily scale to an even weaker Roshi?

Don't baselessly accuse people of dishonesty here just because they have a different interpretation to you.
You’re the one to talk?
LnhiU.jpg

a Kamehameha is able to be tanked by comparable fighters
No, no, Piccolo could withstand Goku's Kamehameha.
Vegeta could withstand the Kamehameha.
Hit could withstand the Kamehameha.
Jiren could withstand the Kamehameha.
Not "Comparable fighters can withstand the Kamehameha". The instances above are their own instances.

Hey, didn't Cell %$@#ing blow up?
Null Have you added type 5 immortality to Zamasu yet?
No.
What translation is correct from DBS episode 13, that Goku absorbed SSG power or merely feeling SSG power pushed him to a new height?
Yeah, Luffy does NOT speak Japanese.
Here ya go.

The highlight should be in the link, and the link should automatically direct you to the highlight.
If not, here is the quote:
Beerus: “You’re out of time, aren’t you? After all, your Super Saiyan God aura has vanished! You’re a bit slow on the uptake.”
Goku: “Huh? When did that happen? But I don’t feel like I’ve gotten weaker at all! What’s going on, Beerus-sama?”
Beerus: “Don’t ask me!”
Goku: “But you’re a god, right?”
Beerus: “Well, it seems that the power of Super Saiyan God didn’t just vanish when time ran out. The power has fully merged with you and become your own. God’s crimson radiance still burns inside you like a flame.”

The highlight should be in the link, and the link should automatically direct you to the highlight.
If not, here is the quote:

Well, if Goku just reached a new height of power. You could argue that he can use SSG transformation and power, since he never absorbed it. You can't.

You’re the one to talk?
LnhiU.jpg
I hate this screen-shot, it's taken out of context
I remember that a youtubers from the versus community uploaded it to their community tab to "remember" why VS Battles wiki is horrible, and everyone started making fun of it without looking for where it came from,
I looked it up... and surprise, it makes sense within the conversation (there were simply better ways to say it, as I remember, Damage was talking about ignoring a feat for being too strong for the characters that would scale from it, that is, an Outlier)

You probably mean it joking/half joking (I hope), but this is the kind of thing that at least once in my life I have to say to someone to put my mind at ease

I hate this screen-shot, it's taken out of context
I remember that a youtubers from the versus community uploaded it to their community tab to "remember" why VS Battles wiki is horrible, and everyone started making fun of it without looking for where it came from,
I looked it up... and surprise, it makes sense within the conversation (there were simply better ways to say it, as I remember, Damage was talking about ignoring a feat for being too strong for the characters that would scale from it, that is, an Outlier)

You probably mean it joking/half joking (I hope), but this is the kind of thing that at least once in my life I have to say to someone to put my mind at ease
I've seen this a lot on YouTube where people make a lot of jokes about it lol

You’re the one to talk?
LnhiU.jpg
Yes. Don't take my words out of context like you made some witty point. You just come across as ignorant.

Don't actually pretend that we don't dismiss anti-feats and feats simply because it doesn't fit into our existing powerscaling so we call them Outliers. How many years did it take to get Roshi's feat on his page?

No, no, Piccolo could withstand Goku's Kamehameha.
Vegeta could withstand the Kamehameha.
Hit could withstand the Kamehameha.
Jiren could withstand the Kamehameha.
Not "Comparable fighters can withstand the Kamehameha". The instances above are their own instances.

Hey, didn't Cell %$@#ing blow up?

I do not agree with this. Dropping the subject mostly because there is no meaning as the thread has long since been over. If someone comes up in the past I will still argue against it.

It took years and you know who to know expose the wiki's arguments to accept Roshi's feat despite plenty of evidence. Same with 2-C DBS and many other topics.

Leaving aside the instance of Damage's screenshot, it is factual that the "Outlier" argument on VBW is literally abused.

Let's not pretend that it isn't because we all know the truth.

Well, if Goku just reached a new height of power. You could argue that he can use SSG transformation and power, since he never absorbed it. You can't.

Goku: “Huh? When did that happen? But I don’t feel like I’ve gotten weaker at all! What’s going on, Beerus-sama?”
Goku didn't get any weaker after SSG power vanished, which means his base/SSJ scale to SSG.

Yes, he can use SSG transformation to amp even more his power, no one can argue against that because he has shown to do so. But that does not prove your point of his base not being as strong as BoG SSG.

I would guess that SSG provides both and added boost and a multiplier. Goku kept that boost and he has the multiplier on it same as any other form.

There's something that I'm confused about. It's stated in the manga that people can become so evil they are considered demons and that if demons kill people, their souls are lost and are unable to pass on to the Afterlife without the guidance of a Guardian. Kami used this to determine Piccolo was no longer evil, as King Piccolo's victims were in purgatory when killed while Goku and Raditz passed on just fine at Piccolo's hands.

Has that ever been discussed here in detail before? Like what abilities this could grant King Piccolo? Not to mention villains like Freeza and Kid Buu who are both considered embodiments of evil as bad or worse than him.

What does this mean? Also damn never really appreciated those scenes. They look amazing.
If you mean my post, it was a discussion about areas in Hell and how Vegeta could see the events on Earth from there. Basically just pointing out that Hell has many different levels to it in both the anime and manga versions of DBS and that Freeza's Hell was unique.

There's something that I'm confused about. It's stated in the manga that people can become so evil they are considered demons and that if demons kill people, their souls are lost and are unable to pass on to the Afterlife without the guidance of a Guardian. Kami used this to determine Piccolo was no longer evil, as King Piccolo's victims were in purgatory when killed while Goku and Raditz passed on just fine at Piccolo's hands.

Has that ever been discussed here in detail before? Like what abilities this could grant King Piccolo? Not to mention villains like Freeza and Kid Buu who are both considered embodiments of evil as bad or worse than him.

If you mean my post, it was a discussion about areas in Hell and how Vegeta could see the events on Earth from there. Basically just pointing out that Hell has many different levels to it in both the anime and manga versions of DBS and that Freeza's Hell was unique.

Kind of like the personal hell thing? Would that help in anything?

I've never actually thought about that. Yeah, someone should make a thread for that.

Was that evee brought up again? Maybe it has been retchonned. Did krillin go somewhere else after being killed by Frieza or people killed by Buu?

Yes. Don't take my words out of context like you made some witty point.
Nothing about it is out of context. It just shows that you personally would rather take anti-feats as primary scaling points as opposed to good feats. I posted it to show why you hold the stances you do, you prefer anti-feats. Trying to deny what you’ve written makes you look disingenuous
You just come across as ignorant.
And you come across as disingenuous, someone who can’t even own up to what he says. Also this is far from the worst stuff I’ve seen written by you.
Don't actually pretend that we don't dismiss anti-feats and feats simply because it doesn't fit into our existing powerscaling so we call them Outliers
We have perfectly valid explanations for dismissing anti-feats for many verses. Ki control, AoE, author’s intent, etc. All of these are legit arguments that don’t rely on headcanon that you do. The reason you prefer anti-feats over feats is because the opposite hurts your headcanon. That’s all there is to it.
. How many years did it take to get Roshi's feat on his page?
And we have people like you to thank for it. Do you even hear yourself? You just stated that it took years to get Roshi where he belongs because you love to stonewall and dismiss feats/statements. Congrats, anything else you wanna add?

you need to chill
Agreed. That post above isn't even worth responding to because the user is just interested in bashing me instead of learning that he's wrong.

Arguing with haters is a waste of time.

Instead I'll just take pleasure in knowing that even if he hates me and thinks I'm "disingenuous", there's not a single thing he can do to stop me, lol.

Yes, that seems to be what I am referring to. Although that's specifically for the Demon Clan whereas I am under the impression that anyone evil enough can be considered a 'demon' and have the same effect. Part of that is because Jiren's master was killed by a demon and cannot be revived by an Angel's power and the only way we've ever seen someone be revived by an Angel is by interacting with their soul directly (Example: Freeza). Not to mention Piccolo went from being a demon to a non-demon simply by a shift in morality, it's clearly not a physiological thing. It's a karmic influence.

Last edited:
Was that evee brought up again? Maybe it has been retchonned. Did krillin go somewhere else after being killed by Frieza or people killed by Buu?
I don't believe it was ever stated or shown that Krillin was in the Afterlife when killed by Freeza. There are victims of Super Buu and Innocent Buu that are shown in the Afterlife but nothing for Kid Buu, who is the real 'pure evil' incarnation. And I'd argue that was because of the Grand Supreme Kai in Super and Innocent Buu.

“The user pointed out my hypocrisy. Ugh why doesn’t he learn he’s wrong?? At least he can’t do anything cuz I’m a mod tho lol”
"This mod is so unfair, voting for what he believes is right?! Why can't he vote for what I believe is right instead?"

That's how you sound too.

Alright alright guys chill. Let's move on to other topics.

I don't believe it was ever stated or shown that Krillin was in the Afterlife when killed by Freeza. There are victims of Super Buu and Innocent Buu that are shown in the Afterlife but nothing for Kid Buu, who is the real 'pure evil' incarnation. And I'd argue that was because of the Grand Supreme Kai in Super and Innocent Buu.

I feel that if Krillin didn't go to the Afterlife it would have been pointed out and the same stands for Kid Buu. It's one of those things that people would have noted. It not being a big deal makes me thing it was retchnonned and everyone just goes to the Afterlife. If you have more proof of it though I wouldn't mind changing my view.

Back