• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Apparently the Poison Goku drank as a child triggered his inner Oozaru, hence the increase in power. I dunno if it can be used for anything, I just find it incredibly interesting that the “Potential Unlocking Poison” actually didn’t release his Potential and instead gave him access(?) to some of the Oozaru in base? Like if Toriyama was foreshadowing Ikari (he definitely wasn’t, let’s be real).
Oh, so we can pick and choose when we decide to use Kakarot as supporting evidence?

I
Apparently the Poison Goku drank as a child triggered his inner Oozaru, hence the increase in power. I dunno if it can be used for anything, I just find it incredibly interesting that the “Potential Unlocking Poison” actually didn’t release his Potential and instead gave him access(?) to some of the Oozaru in base? Like if Toriyama was foreshadowing Ikari (he definitely wasn’t, let’s be real).
isnt accessing Oozaru “in base” the same as accessing his potential, which he can only tap into via a transformation?

I

isnt accessing Oozaru “in base” the same as accessing his potential, which he can only tap into via a transformation?
I mean, that depends on how you reason it works. Ikari is the same, but it’s clearly a transformation that allows use of power in the base form.

This doesn’t really have a precedent or succeeding event we can latch onto, so it’s there’s not much to go off of here.

Personally, I’d like to imagine it’s supposed to be a metaphor for raging Saiyan Blood and a Zenkai Boost, but eh.

I

Pretty sure it's the same concept as Gohan's original Potential Unleashed state or like how Whis is trying to teach Goku and Vegeta to fight without relying on transformations. It's just limited to Goku's Great Ape power.

I mean, that depends on how you reason it works. Ikari is the same, but it’s clearly a transformation that allows use of power in the base form.
The issue with Broly is that while he can use Wrathful to access his Great Ape power, he goes completely berserk and it's also depicted that he experiences bursts of pain. Comparatively Goku seems to have access to his Great Ape power without needing to go berserk or experience pain.

I don't think my take is actually conclusive but I think it's a sound interpretation. There is precedent for Goku having 'unfair' advantages over other saiyans after all, such as Vegeta always having a misaligned Spirit while Goku always had a more balanced spirit. Meaning Goku's power inherently had a higher 'multiplier'.

Pretty sure it's the same concept as Gohan's original Potential Unleashed state or like how Whis is trying to teach Goku and Vegeta to fight without relying on transformations. It's just limited to Goku's Great Ape power.

The issue with Broly is that while he can use Wrathful to access his Great Ape power, he goes completely berserk and it's also depicted that he experiences bursts of pain. Comparatively Goku seems to have access to his Great Ape power without needing to go berserk or experience pain.

I don't think my take is actually conclusive but I think it's a sound interpretation. There is precedent for Goku having 'unfair' advantages over other saiyans after all, such as Vegeta always having a misaligned Spirit while Goku always had a more balanced spirit. Meaning Goku's power inherently had a higher 'multiplier'.
I would say Broly's "great ape" power is a lot more significant than Goku's, remember he is a mutated Saiyan. Not only does it make him stronger, it also increases the cap on his constant development as well. And Broly doesn't know how to control his power

Also, In Goku's case, the circumstances are incredibly different. Goku had to suffer pain and stress from acquiring power, and Broly gets the initial pain from the power. It wouldn't be far-fetched to say the difference in how they attained the power also aided in why Goku doesn't seem to suffer much afterwards

I wouldn't say that Goku's power had a higher multiplier, just he was able to use it better. Tho again, those benefits are tied to how Goku chose to live his life and train for power. the masters he trained with, the skills he chose to learn, etc. The benefit came from his own hard efforts, heck the balanced spirit thing is likely heavily tied to spirit control as that's LITERALLY something they emphasise when Vegeta was learning it.

I would say Broly's "great ape" power is a lot more significant than Goku's, remember he is a mutated Saiyan. Not only does it make him stronger, it also increases the cap on his constant development as well. And Broly doesn't know how to control his power
Well, in my eyes the main thing that sets Broly apart from other Saiyans seems to be that he has a mutated Zenkai ability that has no (known) hard limit. His Wrathful state beefs up his power a lot but it's less about multiplier and more about how quickly he grows via battle. My guess is that Wrathful is just equal to Great Ape (and Goku's unleashed potential from the water) but it also somehow evolved his Zenkai ability to be exponentially better.

I believe Goku's version is just power + control. Whereas Broly's Wrathful state evolves his Saiyan physiology to be far more effective but has the trade-off of making him berserk. I believe there are even scans regarding his development stating he 'loves fighting so much' that he just goes berserk, which sounds like typical Saiyan bloodlust ramped up to eleven.

In short, I suspect Goku simply has the power of a Great Ape whereas Broly fully embraces his Saiyan biology and is like an apex Saiyan, causing his Saiyan abilities to multiply in power when tapping into Wrathful.
I wouldn't say that Goku's power had a higher multiplier, just he was able to use it better. Tho again, those benefits are tied to how Goku chose to live his life and train for power. the masters he trained with, the skills he chose to learn, etc. The benefit came from his own hard efforts, heck the balanced spirit thing is likely heavily tied to spirit control as that's LITERALLY something they emphasise when Vegeta was learning it.
Yeah that's what I was trying to express, my bad. It's essentially the idea that Goku has always been better at using his power whereas Vegeta has more prodigious power but lacks the training to wield that strength properly. I believe Goku has a better handle on his latent Great Ape power even now and that he was obviously using his power far better than Vegeta prior to the Moro Saga. In that sense Goku has a 'higher multiplier' because he can output his power much easier.

Will Goku surpass Jiren, Gas, Moro etc in base form at EoZ?
There is some argument that SH Base Goku scales to USS CSSB Goku because he is shown to be relative to Base Broly when Wrathful Broly (10x) was relative to CSSB in the movie. On the other hand, Manga Jiren matched UI Goku and then broke his limits.

LB Jiren > UI Goku (USS) = Jiren > CSSB Goku (DBS:B) ~ Wrathful Broly (DBS:B) ~ Base Broly (SH) ~ Base Goku (SH) > CSSB Goku (USS)

We have no clue how powerful LB Jiren actually is because he was heavily weakened when he got it but he is stronger than USS UI. If it's not a huge gap then I could see Base Goku surpass USS Jiren's level by EoZ.

Gas, very unlikely. Moro, I doubt it. Surpassing Jiren in base is a 'maybe'

Guys it’s over DBS is planetary I saw someone argue DBS is planetary or tree trunk level for these scans

Screenshot_20230818-202532_Chrome.jpg

Guys it’s over DBS is planetary I saw someone argue DBS is planetary or tree trunk level for these scans
I wonder why people struggle to understand that most of these characters don't want to blow up worlds filled with innocent people? Maybe they need to touch grass, their brain is rotted by battleboarding.

Back