• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

How did luffy use fake scans when executor and herms translated everything for him and they are from the novels? What?
Doctored scans from the novel.

Here's a more in line translation from another source
"You coward!"

Upon hearing these words coming out of Frieza's mouth, Gogeta replied dumbfounded:

"You're the one to talk!"

Gogeta then touched his forehead with his fingers and disappeared.

The next opponent Broly had chosen was Whis.
So as to take him by surprise, Broly went on a fierce offensive, but Whis was dodging his attacks without difficulty. It wasn't that he was moving swiftly, nor was he using any kind of special technique either. With very normal movements, Whis did not let Broly as much as graze him.

"Over here~!"

With a confident smile, Whis was escaping Broly by fluttering around. Losing his temper, Broly let out a cry as he continued to pursue Whis.

"Oops!”

With lightness that would put Goku and Vegeta's efforts to shame, Whis dodges his roaring punches and sets just enough distance between them to reach out of Broly's range. It's just then that Gogeta appears, planting himself between the two.

"Oh, my!"
"Leave the rest to me, Whis!"

Whis gazed in a peculiar way at Gogeta who had assumed his stance immediately.

"I see, so you two are even capable of fusing!"

Bulma, who was hiding nearby, said: "Oh, it's that fusion thing!"

As soon as Broly laid his eyes on Gogeta, he stopped moving out of caution. Letting out a deep growl, he was glaring at Gogeta. Taking a stance that would remind one of Vegeta, Gogeta shouts to Broly: "Come!"

Kicking at the ground, Gogeta blasts away. In pursuit, Broly disappears like a hurricane. Broly begins firing continuous energy blasts with tremendous force. As he dodges them without problem, Gogeta makes his way to an open field, after which he turns around, grips his fists around his hips and assumes a stance.

"Let's do this! Haaaa..."

Shining golden ki begins to envelop Gogeta's body. As Gogeta's power rises, his aura spreads like a fierce flame and his upright hair assumes a golden glow. However, Broly does not falter. Clenching his fists, he accelerates and plunges in. Due to the opening created by him having just turned Super Saiyan, Gogeta is struck by a clean blow from Broly. Despite being blown away, Gogeta recovers by force and moves in for a counterattack on Broly. Broly gets blown away, but then counterattacks as well.

Just like that, a fierce close range fight had just begun. Both of them endure ground breaking attacks as they continue to strike each other without hesitation. This fierce clash concludes with Gogeta's kick digging into Broly's stomach. After launching Broly into the ground, Gogeta strikes with scattering ki blasts. Engulfed by a rain of ki blasts, Broly tries to stand up as his body shakes. However, that lasted but an instant. Broly gazes towards Gogeta, casts a barrier-like wall of ki around himself, and deflects the ki blasts before rising again.

An even battle continued. As the ferocious fight was unfolding, a cocky smile could be seen on Gogeta's face. Broly's punch connects and Gogeta is sent flying.

But using this to his advantage, the Gogeta who had just gained distance gathers his hands at hip level in preparation for a ki blast stance. In response to that, Broly does the same.

Haaa!!
Gaaa!!

Energy containing the might of a different dimension collides between the two. A flash of light surges as a silent explosion expanded.
The next instant, Gogeta and Broly found themselves within a dimension of swirling strange lights. The boundary of the dimension could not withstand the energy released by them and got torn apart.

Not even bothering with the event that had just happened, Broly charges forward. After a few more exchanges Broly gets blown away by Gogeta's kick, but quickly manages to stop himself mid-air and raise his power as his body begins to shake.

Uuoooooo!!

As Broly releases an explosive ki, his hair begins to glow green. His ki had just shot up even more. However, regardless of that, Gogeta rushed in without wincing.

Gogeta lands a punch on Broly's cheek, but all it does is tilt Broly's head, who then clenches his fist and drives it into Gogeta's belly.

Ugh!

In an instant, Broly proceeds to land a solid kick on the stunned Gogeta. Broly chases after Gogeta, who gets blown away and crashes into the walls of the dimension, and drives his fist into him. As the glittering energy gets smashed and blown into pieces, Gogeta is blown away once more.

Gah!

Firing up, Gogeta's ki had altered. In an instant, the aura surrounding his body had turned from gold to blue.
Broly could not fully react to the freshly turned Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta's movements. Now unable to withstand a punch to the jaw anymore, Broly's posture had been broken as he was getting pushed backwards. Left with no time to counterattack, Broly received a second blow, followed by a third one that drove his body straight into the dim ground.

Still, Broly gets up right away, opens his mouth in an instant and starts launching ki blasts.

As Gogeta ascends after dodging one of them, tens of other ki blasts chase after him. Gogeta handily dodges them, and responds by launching a similar barrage of ki blasts towards Broly.

Gaaah!

As Broly dodges the attack, he makes his way towards Gogeta. After leaving the opposing shock wave, Gogeta rushes towards Broly as well. The instant their punches collided, a chance is once again triggered within the dimension. As the light of the dimension crumbles away, the scenery of the original world returns. Broly and Gogeta land on the ground, keeping at a distance to each other. Unable to fully withstand the momentum of the landing, Broly slips along the ground until he finally stops. Although he had assumed somewhat of a stance, he was breathing heavily.

Hehehe...

On the other hand, it seemed like Gogeta wasn't tired at all. He readied his pose, laying low and observed his opponent. The battle looked like it was about to end.

Cheelay and Lemo were running through the hall of Frieza's ship.
As Lemo was desperately trying to keep up with Cheelay while holding onto the Dragon Balls, he shouts: "At this rate, Broly's going to lose."
Without slowing down, Cheelay looked back at Lemo: "Because of his father, he's been turned into a mere fighting machine. He doesn't fighting because he wants to!". Cheelay then looked ahead and sped up even more. "Broly is truly a pure Saiyan with a gentle heart. I can't let him die!!"

After catching his breath, Broly charged forward as he shrieked.

Goaaaaaah!

No fighting technique or anything like that was at use anymore. Broly kept jumping and kicking the ground before Gogeta. With a smooth footwork however, Gogeta overcomes that by dodging as if sliding around. Knowing that it was no use, Broly turns around and launches an ascending ki blast.

Gogeta reflects it back with a ki barrier created by sliding his hand. After taking his own attack directly, Broly lets out a scream of anguish and tries to blow the smoke away in search of Gogeta. Broly's face is then met by a twirling kick from a spinning Gogeta. As his huge frame bends over, Broly howls.

Gogeta lands further away and creates a ki blast in each hand before running towards Broly. Noticing this, Broly gathers power inside his body and then releases a mouth blast. The haphazardly discharged immense energy blows away the surrounding terrain. Having seen through this, Gogeta easily dodges and then launches the ki blasts straight into Broly's back. A fierce explosion engulfs Broly. Just to make sure, Gogeta then launches countless ki blasts at him.
Through the explosion's shine, the image of a Broly that struggled and suffered could be seen.

Gogeta then plants his legs, raises his arm and creates a much denser ki blast. Broly just looked at Gogeta as the latter launched his attack. Together with a massive explosion, Broly's cry resounded.

"Guuuaaaaaaaaaaah...."

As Gogeta let out a 'phew', he was quickly taken aback by the sudden darkening of his surroundings.

The seven Dragon Ball that were laying on the ground let out a dazzling glow, followed by the apparition of the enormous Shenron who rose to the sky.

"T-that's..."

Frieza gazed at the sky surprised.

Shenron coiled his enormous body as he soared to the skies, and with a voice as if roaring from the abyss, he said: "I will grant you any one wish..."

"And now? What am I supposed to do?"
Cheelai asked Kikono with a dreadful voice as her gun was pointing into his back.

Cheelai and Lemo pretended to deliver the Dragon Ball and took Kikono hostage. Never would he have thought that they would do something like that. Landing the spaceship and calling Shenron forth was easier than expected. As Kikono was staring silently, Cheelai said in an angered tone: "Hurry up and say it already!". Feeling the barrel of the gun pressing him harder, Kikono frowned.

"I've had enough. I'll shoot you!"
"Alright, I'll tell you!"

Kikono hastily took out his memo, looks over it and answers.

"J-just state your wish..."

With a disappointed expression on her face, Cheelay mutters: "What... that's all?". Afterwards, Cheelay closes her eyes and after thinking about the wish she raises her eyes towards Shenron.

"My wish is!"

With a tremendous shout, Broly blows away the flames that were engulfing him. Afterwards, letting out a ferocious growl he goes low and dashes forward leaving behind a shock wave.

But even after seeing that Gogeta did not move. Just as Broly's kick was about to hit, Gogeta softly ascends and then comes down with a counter kick. Broly blocks it by crossing his arms, but since his side was wide open Gogeta lands a direct roundhouse kick on him.

Broly gets blown away, but as he lands he readies his stance in order to launch a ki blast. Gogeta dodges the massive energy blast coming his way by simply leaning back with half his body, and then dashes instantly towards Broly with a punch.

As Broly is being blown away, he launches a volley of continuous ki blasts from his palm. Gogeta easily dodges them and then begins a continuous assault of punches on Broly.

Gogeta pulls back from the now swirling Broly, crosses his arms and raises his ki. Astonished at the surging pressure, Broly used what power he had left to prepare to intercept him.

Gogeta and Broly's fists collided. The sheer pressure of their clash blows away the surroundings and lava erupts from the ground. Broly could be seen screaming as if crying for help as he had been blown away by the impact. His hair had turned back golden and his facial expression was distorted with pain.

Gogeta pursued him instantly, and drove a fist packed with enough ki straight into Broly's stomach. As Broly is blown away, he moves in and lands another hit. He then accelerates and drives a fist charged with compressed ki into him.

Entrapped by Gogeta's ki, Broly's body starts trembling as if electrocuted and rises into the air. Together with a shout, Gogeta detonates all the ki that was gathered inside of Broly's body. The pale energy that was seeping out of Broly's body caused a giant explosion.

The resulting shock wave could be felt all the way to the high ground where Bulma had taken refuge and had been watching the battle unfold with Whis.

"Amazing!" Whis said with praise. "I believe this should settle the match."

Meanwhile, Gogeta had assumed the charging pose of the Kamehameha. Gogeta lowers his waist and gathers his hands together around hip level.

"Ka~~~~~~~"

Between his cupped hands, a sparkling ball of ki began to form and gradually increase in size.

"Me~~~~~~~"

On the other side of the dust that was being blown away by the wind, a Broly who was tumbling as he tried to get up could be seen.

”Ha~~~~~~~ Me~~~~~~~"

Having completely lost the will to fight, Broly began to mumble in fear.

"A... A... A..."

"HAAA~~~~~~~!!"

The Kamehameha Gogeta had launched was shaking the very ground. As the light holding catastrophic levels of power approached Broly, all he could do was cower in fear.

Just then! "Please send Broly back to the planet from where he came from!" Cheelay's words resounded as she shouted. In an instant of motionlessness, Shenron made Broly disappear.

After Gogeta finished firing off his Kamehameha, an expression of surprise could be seen on his face as he witnessed Broly disappear in a flash of light. That light had instantly crossed a long distance and reached a planet with a rather rugged landscape. That planet was Planet Vampa.

When he came to realize, Broly was sitting by himself in a terribly familiar place. That dreadful enemy was no longer around. That unpleasant white guy was no where to be seen either. His whole body hurt, so much that he couldn't even breathe. But even so... Overlooking the nostalgic landscape before him, Broly thought... Even so, Broly was free.

Herms never translated it and Shuradou (the one who translated) mentioned how the japanese was awful implying that maybe it's not so real.

Funny thing is it fundamentally doesn't work since the shockwaves are a product of their normal punches
yeah but then they stopped doing that because of them absorbing the ki

since its not destroying the universe anymore, and we go by the logic of the Kikoho not being 5-C because of it not destroying the continent or half the planet

the punches must be weaker!

Eh tbf with the shockwaves, they're just normal god Ki empowered punches that Goku is just having a shit time controlling iirc. Not like the full power focused Ki blast like with SPC.

Yeah all it really does is just make you undetectable to normal people lol (and look flashier).
SSG (Red) should've just been called "Saiyan god" and been bulit upon from there as a more simplistic yet impactful transformation, as soon as SSB or SSGSS (even as an abbreviation it looks stupid) were introduced I could smell the merchandise bait a mile away, I stop taking transformations narratively seriously in DBS from that point on (minus UI Omen and Wrathful Broly).
God Ki is so useless
Yup as soon as Frieza and later Hit demonstrated raw potential and/or unconventional skills can keep up with supposedly divine energy, God Ki became useless (seriously SSB is the SSj3 of transformations). At least in Heroes/Xeno God Ki actually grants major boons, some of which I wouldn't mind seeing in the main canon (E.g resistance to magic).

At least in Heroes/Xeno God Ki actually grants major boons, some of which I wouldn't mind seeing in the main canon (E.g resistance to magic).

What sucks is God Ki DOES give boons, they're just inconsistent with it, and they're not nearly as plot breaking. For example, Goku has-Via God Ki's inherent abilities, demonstrated: Healing, Extrasensory Resistance, Regen, Superior Ki Sensing, and Resurrection. But Goku can't keep resurrecting others, he can't regen from life threatening attacks repeatedly, and his healing is basically worthless as far as we've seen. And non-God Ki users CAN and HAVE developed God Ki sensing, and can even sense on their level.

When realistically, Goku should be able to just bounce back and Zenkai from anything not too terribly fatal, and be able to be a walking healer to keep others in the fight longer.

Last edited:
SSG (Red) should've just been called "Saiyan god" and been bulit upon from there as a more simplistic yet impactful transformation, as soon as SSB or SSGSS (even as an abbreviation it looks stupid) were introduced I could smell the merchandise bait a mile away, I stop taking transformations narratively seriously in DBS from that point on (minus UI Omen and Wrathful Broly).

Yup as soon as Frieza and later Hit demonstrated raw potential and/or unconventional skills can keep up with supposedly divine energy, God Ki became useless (seriously SSB is the SSj3 of transformations). At least in Heroes/Xeno God Ki actually grants major boons, some of which I wouldn't mind seeing in the main canon (E.g resistance to magic).
'Saiyan God' implies natural God hood, which Goku doesn't have. Super Saiyan God is a transformation that accesses and utilizes God ki. I agree that SSGSS was a dumb name, but SSBKK is great, and I don't mind SSBE. I think those transformations perfectly encapsulate the different ways Goku and Vegeta evolve, one through using a technique he got through training, the other using his pride in his saiyan blood to ascend. MUI is also fantastic.

On the God ki thing, it's funny because Goku and Vegeta are still on a totally different level to most people they come across who aren't already established prodigies like Frieza or Broly, or narrative foils to their idea of power like Jiren.

Like they are still among the strongest in the multiverse thanks to God ki. It's just that the competition is more fierce, so it makes it seem like God ki is useless when that is what was allowing them to be that strong to begin with.

All that being said, I would like to see tje abilities of God ki utilized more, healing and regen.

'Saiyan God' implies natural God hood, which Goku doesn't have. Super Saiyan God is a transformation that accesses and utilizes God ki. I agree that SSGSS was a dumb name, but SSBKK is great, and I don't mind SSBE. I think those transformations perfectly encapsulate the different ways Goku and Vegeta evolve, one through using a technique he got through training, the other using his pride in his saiyan blood to ascend.

On the God ki thing, it's funny because Goku and Vegeta are still on a totally different level to most people they come across who aren't already established prodigies like Frieza or Broly, or narrative foils to their idea of power like Jiren.

Like they are still among the strongest in the multiverse thanks to God ki. It's just that the competition is more fierce, so it makes it seem like God ki is useless when that is what was allowing them to be that strong to begin with.
I don't think that it tanks to god ki tho, broly and jiren do not have god ki and they wooped goku easily at the time

I don't think that it tanks to god ki tho, broly and jiren do not have god ki and they wooped goku easily at the time
Broly is... Broly. And Jiren being that strong was the point, he was a narrative foil, clinging to purely individual strength because of the loss he had been through. Those don't exactly disprove my point.

Broly is... Broly. And Jiren being that strong was the point, he was a narrative foil, clinging to purely individual strength because of the loss he had been through. Those don't exactly disprove my point.
It does, god ki doesn'y mean that you are stronger bu default, hence why gods like shin are kind of fodder nowadays

It does, god ki doesn'y mean that you are stronger bu default, hence why gods like shin are kind of fodder nowadays
No it doesn't. Broly and Jiren being that strong doesn't mean God ki is useless, it means Broly and Jiren are strong as ****, one having a narrative reason, the other being Broly.

Goku and Vegeta are extraordinarily strong, which means they must have extraordinary competition.

Goku and Vegeta having god ki is the only reason they can compete with people like that to begin with.

Dende has god ki.
And this automatically translates to god ki being bad? Like god ki is different person to person, god ki let goku fight beerus and almost destroy the universe.

Video has normal ki and is fodder, but Gohan has normal ki and is potentially the strongest Z fighter.

Application of ki also matters.

Back