• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

its scary how strong half power chad gohan was.

i was like "yeah RIP Gohan" and somehow this mofo could still match cells kamehameha ... What made it so scary was gohan didnt really use the full potential of his half power.

One of the best alpha moments in dragonball.

Broly>Frieza>Gohan IMO
I gotta ask this, but what unfortunate event in your day made you do an entire downgrade thread for the cosmology? You are well aware how much work it took for DB to get this point, and the fact that defending the verse here is extremely difficult, right? I mean I get that everyone here has their personal interpretation of how the cosmology should be like (which is separate from the wiki) but damn let the verse chill, let those interpretations stay personal.

I find your reasoning to justify the downgrade as “them being extremely high into 3-A” downright absurd unless you were just joking. You can justify downgrading DBS to 3-B if everyone decided to do what you just did. Yeah I am kinda pissed off at this, if not for me at least, this is disrespectful to the people who spent YEARS trying to get DBS to 2-C, and to see their efforts nearly getting wasted completely in less than 2 pages (before some mods decided to disagree) must be flat out disheartening. At least respect the sheer amount of time they spent on this even if you think the verse doesn’t deserve the upgrade.

Smartest YT DBZ "powerscaler"

Screenshot-20230816-201207-01-01.jpg

It’s

Very simple to me

Gohan (Literally superseded all in history in one power up) >> Broly (Jumped to SSJ and then to massively above SSB, and eventually Fusion Tier, but this took an hour+ of time) >= Black (Jumped to massively above SSB level, and debatably Fusion Tier as Future Zamasu likely didn’t contribute much power wise, which according to Z means a minor PL increase, all from a few minute scuffle against a SSJ2 and one SSB) >> Frieza (Got to SSB in 4 months training, with 10 years beat out TUI and UE in one punch.)

Literally everyone else.

I gotta ask this, but what unfortunate event in your day made you do an entire downgrade thread for the cosmology? You are well aware how much work it took for DB to get this point, and the fact that defending the verse here is extremely difficult, right? I mean I get that everyone here has their personal interpretation of how the cosmology should be like (which is separate from the wiki) but damn let the verse chill, let those interpretations stay personal.

I find your reasoning to justify the downgrade as “them being extremely high into 3-A” downright absurd unless you were just joking. You can justify downgrading DBS to 3-B if everyone decided to do what you just did. Yeah I am kinda pissed off at this, if not for me at least, this is disrespectful to the people who spent YEARS trying to get DBS to 2-C, and to see their efforts nearly getting wasted completely in less than 2 pages (before some mods decided to disagree) must be flat out disheartening. At least respect the sheer amount of time they spent on this even if you think the verse doesn’t deserve the upgrade.
Bro is literally saying "let us be an echo chamber without any discourse"

Also that wasn't my reason for the downgrade because DB macrocosm universes are just tier 2 especially factoring in information about room of spirit and time.

Bro is literally saying "let us be an echo chamber without any discourse"
The fact that an (inaccurate) strawman is all you could make of that tells me a lot about the credibility of your arguments. Regardless, that’s not what I said. What I’m actually saying is that your justification for doing that (unless it’s a joke) is downright absurd and extremely disrespectful to people who’ve spent years trying to get to this point. It isn’t about echo chambers or scaling here it’s about actual real world time that people have spent.

it’s about actual real world time that people have spent.
I've done worse.
The fact that an (inaccurate) strawman is all you could make of that tells me a lot about the credibility of your arguments. Regardless, that’s not what I said. What I’m actually saying is that your justification for doing that (unless it’s a joke) is downright absurd and extremely disrespectful to people who’ve spent years trying to get to this point. It isn’t about echo chambers or scaling here it’s about actual real world time that people have spent.
That wasn't my justification for doing so and what you're saying is essentially telling me or others to back off and not challenge anything (essentially creating an echo chamber) because of sunk cost fallacy.

The ammount of time one has made to get something doesn't mean that the other person can't disagree with

Yet you still don’t see my point?
That wasn't my justification for doing so and what you're saying is essentially telling me or others to back off and not challenge anything (essentially creating an echo chamber) because of sunk cost fallacy.
No, read what I said again. I was under the assumption that this is your justification (your failure to provide any other isn’t my fault), which I pointed out is disrespectful. I’m not saying NOT to challenge anything, that’s contradictory to my stance given that 2-C DBS exists BECAUSE people challenged the existing standard

I never said you can’t disagree. Did I not say that almost everyone can and does have their own interpretation of the verse(s) that is different to what’s on the wiki? Even I have one.
I mean I get that everyone here has their personal interpretation of how the cosmology should be like (which is separate from the wiki) but damn let the verse chill, let those interpretations stay personal.
At least respect the sheer amount of time they spent on this even if you think the verse doesn’t deserve the upgrade.
and here you're telling us not to express them.

Then what's the issue?
The issue is that the verse is never really at peace, there’s a huge change at least once a month, and the reason for that is because everyone has their different interpretations of DB since it’s a popular verse. I highlighted just why that can be problematic.

Long story short: Just pick a tier and let it rest there. How hard is that? We can do more than just debate cosmology you know

The issue is that the verse is never really at peace, there’s a huge change at least once a month, and the reason for that is because everyone has their different interpretations of DB since it’s a popular verse. I highlighted just why that can be problematic.

Long story short: Just pick a tier and let it rest there. How hard is that? We can do more than just debate cosmology you know
That’s not how this site works

i think what hes trying to say is that the arguements for a downgrade are trash and almost as bad as the cocaine quality in the states

while the DB team spent years of hard work and they have good arguments
That too is accurate but that’s not my premise. My premise is just let the verse rest as one consistent tier. If EVERYONE did what he did, we will have 3-B DBS CRTs, like I said.

Tiers aren’t granted based on hard work, I’ve seen Saint Seiya CRTs where OP puts in a lot of hard work to construct the argument only for it to never come to fruition, recent CRTs being a good example, that’s what I was asking.
Tiers are granted based on how good the arguments are, the effort put into them (as long as scans are provided and it’s readable) isn’t relevant.

Did you miss what I said? If everyone decided to do what you did, we will have 3-B DBS. In fact if I really wanted to, I can make that CRT, but I’m not going to.
The issue being......?

Ok but what is the problem?

And if we disagree with said tier....? To pick a tier is non sensical when this site is to discuss stuff like this

i think what hes trying to say is that the arguements for a downgrade are trash and almost as bad as the cocaine quality in the states

while the DB team spent years of hard work and they have good arguments
That is very arrogant of your part and i wish from the bottom of my heart for you to get better

Tiers aren’t granted based on hard work, I’ve seen Saint Seiya CRTs where OP puts in a lot of hard work to construct the argument only for it to never come to fruition, recent CRTs being a good example, that’s what I was asking.
The amount of work you put doesn't make you entitled to others agreeing with you, different opinions work like this

That too is accurate but that’s not my premise. My premise is just let the verse rest as one consistent tier. If EVERYONE did what he did, we will have 3-B DBS CRTs, like I said.
They would need good evidence and have stafg agreeing with it, not so simple

The issue being......?
That it is absurd.
Ok but what is the problem?
Do I really have to highlight why having to fight a keyboard battle everyday for years is problematic for members of an community?
And if we disagree with said tier....? To pick a tier is non sensical when this site is to discuss stuff like this
What? Is the point of all this not to settle on accurate tiers?
That is very arrogant of your part and i wish from the bottom of my heart for you to get better
Just so you know I don’t necessarily think that (even though I think the downgrade isn’t a good argument)
The amount of work you put doesn't make you entitled to others agreeing with you, different opinions work like this
Agreed. But to see all that getting dismantled in mere 2 pages (with staff actively even ignoring counter arguments and some mods just disappearing after saying “agree FRA”) is disheartening and if you can’t see why, I don’t know what to tell you anymore.
They would need good evidence and have stafg agreeing with it, not so simple
DBS was 3-B for a while here, it isn’t as hard as you think it is.

Realistically 2-C DBS should stand on its own, I don’t think anyone here can honestly say they think GT is actually canon.

it’s clearly just a strategical play to keep certain evidence relevant when the verse shouldn’t even need it. Z and DBS already prove 2-C Universes.

Worse than that, I agree with that, I've gone through hundreds of downgrades and updates, trying to find the best way to update the verse, Saint Seiya's little sister is doing a good job.

That it is absurd.
because?

Do I really have to highlight why having to fight a keyboard battle everyday for years is problematic for members of an community?
and if people have different opinions and thing a tier is wrong.....are they supposed to just stay silent?

Just so you know I don’t necessarily think that (even though I think the downgrade isn’t a good argument)
was talking about @Jinsama

Agreed. But to see all that getting dismantled in mere 2 pages (with staff actively even ignoring counter arguments and some mods just disappearing after saying “agree FRA”) is disheartening and if you can’t see why, I don’t know what to tell you anymore.
do another thread for the specific argument you saw as ignored, it was done in the recent moon level downgrade

DBS was 3-B for a while here, it isn’t as hard as you think it is.
do it, i double cherry dare you with ice cream and cake on the bottom

You’re asking me why I think a 3-B DBS thread would be absurd?
and if people have different opinions and thing a tier is wrong.....are they supposed to just stay silent?
Wrong based on? Their own interpretations of the cosmology, which is what most if not all Cosmology threads boil down to? With mods deciding which interpretation they choose to agree with based off of their own biases? (Biased both for and against DBS).
was talking about @Jinsama

do another thread for the specific argument you saw as ignored, it was done in the recent moon level downgrade
Or, hear me out, everyone can learn to debate properly by not deliberately ignoring the argument written right in front of them?
do it, i double cherry dare you with ice cream and cake on the bottom
I have better things to do. Like I said, one day I might, just to prove a point.

Yubel is very powerful, I heard it's at least 1-C/low 1-C, from merging 12 or 11 higher dimensions, it still exists in a world that is described as being at least 5D
It has nothing to do with their power, more with how they act and their track record.

The amount of times they underestimate their opponent and it blows up in their face is staggering, you would think they get the hint but, they keep underestimating everyone they duel and nearly lose everytime.

I do agree with Hades that constant changes feel bad for everyone and take all the fun out of passing upgrades. I also think everyone can support their own opinion though even though we may have disagreements. Also sorry about the way Saint Seiya is going. Those threads have huge walls of text and proof.
It’s

Very simple to me

Gohan (Literally superseded all in history in one power up) >> Broly (Jumped to SSJ and then to massively above SSB, and eventually Fusion Tier, but this took an hour+ of time) >= Black (Jumped to massively above SSB level, and debatably Fusion Tier as Future Zamasu likely didn’t contribute much power wise, which according to Z means a minor PL increase, all from a few minute scuffle against a SSJ2 and one SSB) >> Frieza (Got to SSB in 4 months training, with 10 years beat out TUI and UE in one punch.)

Literally everyone else.
Also damn forgot me some Black.

Back