• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

"No bias"

• Precognition got revised because Goku had it.
• NPI Got revised because Goku had it.
• Planet and universe sizes got revised because U7 was over 200x times 3-A via size.
• Infinite/Immeasurable speed got revised because of Dragon Ball more than twice

Not everyone is biased,sure. That doesn't mean there's no bias. That's just pure denial.

People can trade barbs about certain instances of bias for and against DB, but I feel like that misses the overall point. I'd like to get people to stop talking about it because it doesn't get anything done. But I also am not gonna remove nuance from a situation and start throwing accusations at supporters when people vent after a rough thread.

Jumping to 'stop jumping to bias' is just as unproductive as jumping to bias in of itself. Sometimes people have genuine reasons to be upset, and sometimes a thread has good reason to be denied or accepted.

I was already telling people to move on and focus on things like speed ratings and multipliers.

No matter what anyone says the low 1-C thread and the Budokai thread was a joke. Pein was the only one who even replied with a Message and the 22nd Budokai had multiple scans showing they were scaling way above 21nd Budokai roshi. Everyone and their mother should have been moon level (just Goku and Tien really with Tien having a higher with kikoho). Sorry for constantly bringing that up but I brought up every statement from Korin to Roshi and the guide and every explanation for the technique. It was never stated that roshi wasn't compared to them at his max power. We have no reason to assume that he was comparing them to a percent of it when noone said Oh but Roshi had you gone max power you would have destroyed them. No he wouldn't because an even stronger version of him was surpassed.

No matter what anyone says the low 1-C thread and the Budokai thread was a joke. Pein was the only one who even replied with a Message and the 22nd Budokai had multiple scans showing they were scaling way above 21nd Budokai roshi. Everyone and their mother should have been moon level (just Goku and Tien really with Tien having a higher with kikoho). Sorry for constantly bringing that up but I brought up every statement from Korin to Roshi and the guide and every explanation for the technique. It was never stated that roshi wasn't compared to them at his max power. We have no reason to assume that he was comparing them to a percent of it when noone said Oh but Roshi had you gone max power you would have destroyed them. No he wouldn't because an even stronger version of him was surpassed.
We have moved on. Our next course of action is to get Goku 100 pisstillion times FTL with multipliers and scaling chains.

I'm not gonna act like there isn't bias for Dragon Ball, I'd give a few examples but I'd be crucified for labeling them as such, but the former has really been showing lately imo. Hell, I doubt I'd be on board for this Low 1-C DBS thing, but for crying out loud barely anyone read through Profectus's very noteworthy post and the thread was forcibly closed just because
I'm not above acknowledging DB getting positive bias. I myself have that bias for the verse. It's a good thing I'm not staff.

And when I said it was to disregard something man?

I made the list of major updates and things DB has had recently. One of them was the inclusion of this magazine in Spanish, I never said it wasn't valid.

And again, didn't I bad-mouth cross scaling? You're admitting yourself that you're super awesome for the verse and it was great to be accepted. But it seems that for some DB supporters, even though things like this are accepted and continue to be accepted, the wiki hates dragon ball.

That's exactly it, you guys are extremely antagonistic to anything that threatens DB whether it's a downgrade or an unaccepted update. I didn't say anything about the issue of the validity of things, but you still had to for some reason prove that it's valid, and I never asked that.
the problem is not "hur dur dragon ball got downgraded and the upgrade was rejected" and never was. It's how the staff addressed the arguments.

Who knows, if the thread's still open, maybe I'll cave and say something
Thank you man appreciate it.

Also sorry to the other participants of the thread for my mistakes addresing the opposition's points. Won't reply to anything more except if I'm sure of the correct view. Also I'm getting tired of the topic so can't respond to anything anyways. I need to stay away for a bit and maybe get into the mood to participate again.

Last edited:
The East Supreme Kai's dialogue ("The warriors [Babidi] has collected..."; "You mustn’t underestimate your opponent! Babidi gathers only strong warriors from everywhere and makes them his allies!") implies that Pui-Pui was strong enough to challenge his strength even before being mind-controlled.
True, but the Majin Boost is unquantifiable, and that's what he was reacting to in this instance. As we see in the Buu Saga, the power boost you get is relative to the amount of evil in your heart. Dabura, due to his demonic nature gets stronger continously. The more evil becomes, the more powerful he gets, and the more powerful he gets, the more evil he becomes. And HE specifically is Super Perfect/Perfect Cell level (Either one you want to take/believe).

For characters like Spopovich, Yakon, etc., their level of evil grants a power boost we genuinely cannot derive because it's not feasible to do so. As they're all different in general, (meaning they are amped differently), and it's likely the amp got greater as they descended further into the ship based on how powerful Pui was relative to his compatriots.

And we also can't use Vegeta, who by that point was really just denying the fact he had reformed and had very little evil inside himself. Further, he also doesn't clarify how much of a boost he has gotten, all we know is beforehand he was certain that when compared equally he would be unable to win against Goku, which isn't much to go off of.

"Babidi collected strong warriors", not "Babidi collected strong warriors, and they are even stronger now."
He is reacting to their base strength.
Actually, I just realized that Shin likely isn't referring to himself in this instance, since he doesn't actually know who is in Babidi's group until he meets them. Like how he wasn't aware Dabura was there until he saw him, nor was he aware of Yakon until he saw him. It's vastly more likely he was making a generalized statement.
Your latent evil, yes. They use the evil inside to amplify your power. Not just any latent ability inside you.

He uses evil to manipulate the mind, but he draws out hidden potential. If he could manipulate anybody, he'd've mind-controlled Goku.
Even in your “draw out potential scan,” it says he does it in the same instance of him using your evil. “Simultaneously.” It “…penetrates evil hearts…and SIMULTANEOUSLY draws out power beyond their limits.”

I also did not claim he could do it to anyone. Goku would’ve been impossible, as “the drawn out power” that he draws upon IS your evil.

This is why Goku and Gohan were safe, because they are pure of heart. That simple.

Back