• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

ive already told you theres zero chance higher dimension DB will ever get accepted. When it comes to martial arts and higher dimension, you will always get the middle finger.

I didnt knew that this upgrade was even a thing in the staff discussion, ive just skimmed through and i already knew it due the 2C thingy it wont end good.

🗿

I see the DBS Low 1-C, 22nd Budokai and space-time cosmology threads are not going according to plan. Legendary L streak ngl
Took so many L we could summon Kumagawa.
Frankly I don't exactly wanna participate much in Dragon Ball threads anymore if stuff like that is getting passed, it's pretty ridiculous im
Same to be honest. One of the most clear things I have seen on the wiki. No reason to try anything anymore. Will maybe stay on general threads.

What the actual **** was that, PrinceOfPein fails to send A SINGLE SCAN for supporting his claims, he didn't respond the any of the profectus' arguments at all, he was making up standards and never provided any links to where his made up B.S was stated, we had not a single staff form an opinion of their own, they just all agreed with pein without exactly saying why and never even responded or tried to disprove profectus', we waited all that time to give supporters more time to comment and they just close it anyway? This is bullshit, is this how staff act on dragon ball threads? Not having to actually prove their claims, we didn't even have a staff who specializes in tier 1 at all on the thread, the staff can just come in and say "i agree for reasons already stated which i will not prove" and close the thread.

What the actual **** was that, PrinceOfPein fails to send A SINGLE SCAN for supporting his claims, he didn't respond the any of the profectus' arguments at all, he was making up standards and never provided any links to where his made up B.S was stated, we had not a single staff form an opinion of their own, they just all agreed with pein without exactly saying why and never even responded or tried to disprove profectus', we waited all that time to give supporters more time to comment and they just close it anyway? This is bullshit, is this how staff act on dragon ball threads? Not having to actually prove their claims, we didn't even have a staff who specializes in tier 1 at all on the thread, the staff can just come in and say "i agree for reasons already stated which i will not prove" and close the thread.

**** low 1C DBS

What they did to my man master roshi is far worse

bd8.gif

Yes yes that's how it went. If you have a problem bring it up with the manag....oh wait that was the management. Yeah you want that rejection with fries or rice? What did they do to Roshi?

I'm going to be blunt. Either this is organised trolling to screw with the verse for lolz or this wiki is genuinely braindead and has no interest in actually debating or proving things.

Supposed Tenkaichi 4 news:
General Blue might be in the game.
Sonny Strait (voice of Bardock, Krillin and General Blue) said that he voiced three characters for a video game.
I'd be very happy if he is because that confirms it won't just be DBS shilling and will be a proper celebration of the franchise like past BT games.

I'm going to be blunt. Either this is organised trolling to screw with the verse for lolz or this wiki is genuinely braindead and has no interest in actually debating or proving things.
I'm going to go with all of them, upgrades keep getting rejected and downgrades accepted because of staff. Like 6 pages just for some staff who never participated in it to just drop in and say "i agree" without addressing counter arguments, and some just straight up ignoring everything, it seems this is getting common with dragon ball, and i know some person is gonna flame me for saying this, but its literally true.

I'm going to go with all of them, upgrades keep getting rejected and downgrades accepted because of staff. Like 6 pages just for some staff who never participated in it to just drop in and say "i agree" without addressing counter arguments, and some just straight up ignoring everything, it seems this is getting common with dragon ball, and i know some person is gonna flame me for saying this, but its literally true.
I don't know. Can a person realistically look at this context and genuinely disagree with you?

I just went through the thread again, not one mod who disagreed actually gave a reason if their own

DDM said he had disputed it numerous times before, which was weird, since this is the first time this kind of proof was being given (asides the other CRT thread that was closed in favour of this one, and in that one, it uses unanimously agree that the neutral zone was insignificant 5D, unless it's size was infinite or a temporal axis could be proven)
Eliza, maverick, and the last one claimed to agree with the opponent's argument, which was mainly PoP and Reiner, their arguments were based on the fact that the dimensions weren't even separate spacetimes which the wiki already agreed that they are, rendering them mute
Not ONE actual debunk on the timeline encompassing the 2c macrocasms (which, again, the wiki itself accepts, word for word and which directly qualifies for the upgrade by the standards)

Forget the neutral zone, the only way the timeline can't be low 1c by this wiki standard is of the macrocasms are all 3A hich would mean that all of them and the neutral zone share the same time axis, which would make the neutral zone a single low 2c structure, and the timeline 2C

And tbh, imho, as for the neutral zone having its own time axis, the fact that the WoV is originally timeless means that the 3 Superior structures (NZ, WoV, Zeno's realm) don't share the same axis with the over arching timeline and this are isolated, but w/e I guess
Well one thing's for sure. If we were to re-attempt the upgrade in the future, we're better off summarizing our points into a blog and posting the proposals as a standard content revision. I feel like leaving the revision's fate a to staff revision was almost a trap.

I'm sorry I just can't get over this, pein literally lied about how temporal dimensions work, temporal dimensions do not function the same way that spatial dimensions do. He tried telling me it's the same as how 2-D is a perpendicular direction from 1-D or how 3-D is a perpendicular direction from 2-D. It doesn't work like that for temporal dimensions.

A: The relationship between the spatial dimensions of a universe and the additional temporal dimension(s) may be visualized as something akin to the frames of a movie placed side-by-side. Basically, the time-like direction may be thought of as a line comprised of uncountably infinite points, each of which is a static "snapshot" of the whole universe at any given moment, with the set of all such events comprising the totality of spacetime.

This structure can then be generalized to any amounts of dimensions, and is also the reason destroying a spacetime continuum is a greater feat than destroying only the contents of the physical universe (Low 2-C, rather than 3-A or High 3-A). So, for example, a spacetime continuum comprising two temporal dimensions (Instead of just one) would have an additional time direction whose "snapshots" correspond to the whole of a 4-dimensional spacetime, and so on and so forth.
Time is thought of as a line of uncountable infinite points of static snapshots of the universe. It doesn't need to be perpendicular or a different direction but forward. It is ALWAYS assume to flow forward, all the way from the past, into the distant and infinite future, our tiering system straight up states that..ahem, "This structure can then be generalized to any amounts of dimensions". So all that is required is for a timeline to overarch a spatial construct no matter how many dimensions it contains or what direction it takes up, it just needs to encompass and overarch everything below as a part of its higher time flow. That is why it says "additional", and not "different direction". Time is not physical, it measures change and the events in all the dimensions beneath it. So saying they have to function the same as higher spatial dimensions is a blatant lie, something that is even recognized by our tiering system. Higher time axis/additional temporal dimensions should always function like that, and the fact that staff actually agreed with his objectively wrong counterarguments takes away their credibility by a very large margin. Like I'm still in disbelief that no staff pointed out this out and just let it continue, what the ****?

Well one thing's for sure. If we were to re-attempt the upgrade in the future, we're better off summarizing our points into a blog and posting the proposals as a standard content revision. I feel like leaving the revision's fate a to staff revision was almost a trap.
100 percent, I put in as staff thread so the staff and knowledgeable members can comment on it, instead we just got "disagree fra", "prove time flows backwards" "you're wrong".

But regarding the higher dimension, have you seen this?

Looking over the article, there seems to be a claim that characters "warp through space" when they enter the hyperbolic time chamber. This is expanded on to explain the concept of hyperspace. Essentially, under the folding model of hyperspace (which is defined as higher dimensional space), two distant points in dimensional space can converge in a higher dimension to allow easy travel, the same way folding a paper (2-D) into a crunch (3-D) brings all points of the 2-dimensional space together. This is why hyperspace is star wars is defined as a higher dimensional space: it's a space that converges distant points in space-time within a higher dimension to allow swift travel. Here are some problems.

1. The higher dimensional space stuff in the article was reffering to the very action of warping as they enter the hyperbolic time chamber. It's not saying the HTC is higher dimensional itself, just that they pass through hyperspace to reach it.

2. The article is not a guidebook, it's part of a series on the official Dragon Ball website where they interview people who are both well-read on Dragon Ball and scientifically-accredited to explore Dragon Ball mechanics. Some points of the "Ask The Experts" articles discuss real-world science, while others have the interviewee make assertive claims regarding Dragon Ball mechanics. Although I see why the statements in these articles can be considered canon, I feel like they could be nitpicked hard by Dragon Ball opponents.

3. I feel like "hyperspace" in itself might not be enough to be tiered without being accompanied by qualitative superiority statements. There's one statement confirming that the HTC is infinite in size while just its atmosphere is earth-sized, so take from it what you will. I'll see if I can find the scans.

Edit: All right, there are 3 statements on the HTC being infinite.

The first one has it described as endless.

The second one is a little vague...

And from what I'm told, the third one might actually be a wiki scan rather than anything official.

Last edited:
Back