• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

353385881_1252926998695256_6860501670760873633_n.jpg

Just found this on Facebook lmfao! My man isn't afraid to throw hands

Fair' Nuff.
Although, I'd argue that doesn't explain how Roshi harms Frost, since lad isn't lowering his durability
I mean, if you can't attack back without being careful and lowerijg yout attack, then it gets kind of difficult for you to Defend your self without attacking, like when a little kid comes to punch you, you defeat rhe kid, but you wouldn't, which makes it dificult to know how to fight back, you know?

It’s crazy to think Roshi could stop Frost’s punch with his aura alone.

Anyways, while Frost is holding back it cannot be that huge as he states it’s hard to hold back to the point of not killing, implying Roshi is so stronger than Frost has to use a level of power close to his FP without killing him.

Go Roshi

If Roshi was High 4-C and Frost is 2-C, then Frost wouldn't flinch from Roshi's attacks or even move at all,
I think "At most 2-C" could work
Because you can lock yourself at a certain powerlevel. If Frost Was using his 2C level of strength, Roshi would turn to dust hence Frost would be disqualified which is why Frost surpressed himself to be above Roshi but not so much that he can accidently kill him.

When Roshi powered up , he went beyond that threshold. So Frost had to lock his PL at a higher level.

In Dragonball your Stats are dependant on the Ki amount you use and it's up to you how much you use. ( This explains Goku's controversial durability "anti feats")

Frost only used 4-C level of Ki.

Wow I’m annoyed now a staff disagreed with something Zamasu qualifies for because he thinks the standards should be changed smh if standards change because DB qualifies that’s Finna be rough
That's how it always is. Dragon Ball gets a revision? Sudden;y staff want to argue and push for changes to standards that would block DB from getting upgrades passed. Is it bias or is it just that Dragon Ball serves as the mascot for battleboarding so it tends to be the origin of standards revisions? Who knows.

Because you can lock yourself at a certain powerlevel. If Frost Was using his 2C level of strength, Roshi would turn to dust hence Frost would be disqualified which is why Frost surpressed himself to be above Roshi but not so much that he can accidently kill him.

When Roshi powered up , he went beyond that threshold. So Frost had to lock his PL at a higher level.

In Dragonball your Stats are dependant on the Ki amount you use and it's up to you how much you use. ( This explains Goku's controversial durability "anti feats")

Frost only used 4-C level of Ki.
This is a lot of hurdles to jump through that can easily just be explained as: Roshi pressured Frost. He is 2-C

Like I swear the only reason these characters aren't at this level is just because of personal beliefs and preconceived notions rather than anything else

Another "db has biased against here" speech and i am going to.sleep, how boring
I wouldn't even say bias, just "this is how it's always been so it should stay this way"

I don't even say it's out of bias against the verse, more so that the idea that these Earthlings being at this level is an unbelievable thought

I wouldn't even say bias, just "this is how it's always been so it should stay this way"

I don't even say it's out of bias against the verse, more so that the idea that these Earthlings being at this level is an unbelievable thought
I'd agree with that but I swear it feels like a lot of other popular verses can get some pretty nonsensical upgrades passed with minimal evidence while DB tends to have to try a lot harder.

I'm not so sure that's 'bias' or if it's just because Dragon Ball is a mascot for battleboarding and needs higher scrutiny as a result.

I'd agree with that but I swear it feels like a lot of other popular verses can get some pretty nonsensical upgrades passed with minimal evidence while DB tends to have to try a lot harder.

I'm not so sure that's 'bias' or if it's just because Dragon Ball is a mascot for battleboarding and needs higher scrutiny as a result.
I think that's just a general case of a popular verse being more scrutinized. Generally, the more popular the verse, the more scrutiny it gets

I think that's just a general case of a popular verse being more scrutinized. Generally, the more popular the verse, the more scrutiny it gets
My problem is people are fine with wanking the shit out of obscure verses like LN verses but when it comes to big verses the same people will suddenly put an extreme amount of scrutiny into it with the same stuff they were fine with for other verses.

My problem is people are fine with wanking the shit out of obscure verses like LN verses but when it comes to big verses the same people will suddenly put an extreme amount of scrutiny into it.
I think that has to do with how many people know a lot about the verses. Not enough people know about Obscure Light Novel Series #104 to really call into question the stuff being proposed, whereas everyone and their mother knows about Dragon Ball

I think that has to do with how many people know a lot about the verses. Not enough people know about Obscure Light Novel Series #104 to really call into question the stuff being proposed, whereas everyone and their mother knows about Dragon Ball
^This, popluar and iconic verses will always receive greater scrutiny in Vs debating than obscure ones, I mean theres an entire list of standards just for Marvel and DC alone (My favourite being a character needs to appear in at least 15 to 20 comic issues in order to get a profile here yet with have profiles for featless characters that have never appeared, never spoken and never been seen in their respective setting yet due to coming from verses where most of the wiki actually knows next to nothing about, they can get away with it).

Even when it comes to indexing and spreading information both bias and ignorance can manipulate the goalposts as well as skewer "research".

This is a lot of hurdles to jump through that can easily just be explained as: Roshi pressured Frost. He is 2-C

Like I swear the only reason these characters aren't at this level is just because of personal beliefs and preconceived notions rather than anything else
Idk bro . We still have statements of Goten/Trunks being above Roshi pre-Top and somehow they turned 2-C too without training?

Though as Swagkage once said...even if something feels wrong it can still be correct.....

Idk bro . We still have statements of Goten/Trunks being above Roshi pre-Top and somehow they turned 2-C too without training?

Though as Swagkage once said...even if something feels wrong it can still be correct.....
They did manage to do something to Cell Max later on in DBS SH. So maybe? Idk.

If Goten/Trunks are stated to be stronger than the humans then they are 2-C. It doesn't make sense, but scaling the humans to 2-C, or Android 17 suddenly being SSB level, doesn't make much narrative sense either

If Goten/Trunks are stated to be stronger than the humans then they are 2-C. It doesn't make sense, but scaling the humans to 2-C, or Android 17 suddenly being SSB level, doesn't make much narrative sense either
This proves that humans and Goten/Trunks spent most of their time watching netflix instead of helping with threats like Vegeta, Frieza, Cell and Buu

Wat? You implying that they don't help with neither of these villains?
Nah more like if most of them can jump
from 4-C to SSG level in a... year(?) , it proves they can be pretty strong if motivated enough but it also proves that they were not trying their best when training for 3 years in the android saga where their power jump despite the larger time frame isn't even remotely close.

They did manage to do something to Cell Max later on in DBS SH. So maybe? Idk.

The difference with Goten and Trunks and the humans is that we've been shown and told that they enjoy sparring together with hybrid saiyan potential, that's been something we're shown throughout the franchise. You've got two hybrid saiyans regularly sparring with eachother, of course they'd naturally grow stronger. Along with that the manga versions have helped A17 with his ranger work even after the USS, if he can leap to 2-C by being a freaking ranger for 15-20 years then I think the hybrid saiyans having a part time job as rangers can hit 2-C as well.

You could bring up that they're meant to slack off by EoZ or whatever but that's only a year or so off and frankly the entirety of EoZ makes no sense at this point. Goku and Vegeta are either just really ignorant of Gohan and co. defending Earth and growing much stronger or the whole 'Peaceful Era' nonsense where Goku trains Uub as the new protector is just not a thing.

That's how it always is. Dragon Ball gets a revision? Sudden;y staff want to argue and push for changes to standards that would block DB from getting upgrades passed. Is it bias or is it just that Dragon Ball serves as the mascot for battleboarding so it tends to be the origin of standards revisions? Who knows.
It's more complicated than ever

Was Anos downgraded?? Wasn't he 2-A? He is now Low 2-C (below Goku thihihih)
It's a long Vietnam War level story that brought out some of the worst behaviour I've seen on (and off) the Wiki plus the typical VSBW controversy.

Cliff-notes version: The MGK WN used machine/bot translations which caused major "issues" plus several other arguments about the WN in general and the verse was deleted then revived with the MGK LN (which isn't at the Silver Sea yet) using official/human fan translations hence Anos going from L1-C/2-A to L2-C but don't get it twisted the demon king still turns Goku into monkey nuts regardless!

It's a long Vietnam War level story that brought out some of the worst behaviour I've seen on (and off) the Wiki plus the typical VSBW controversy.

Cliff-notes version: The MGK WN used machine/bot translations which caused major "issues" plus several other arguments about the WN in general and the verse was deleted then revived with the MGK LN (which isn't at the Silver Sea yet) using official/human fan translations hence Anos going from L1-C/2-A to L2-C but don't get it twisted the demon king still turns Goku into monkey nuts regardless!
Years for me he only 2-A, although I don't understand about things above Tier 2, it seems very fair.

The character is full of hax even in his soul, he has more than 30 immortalities, Goku has no way to do anything, lol

Back