• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Goku broke into my house, called me the scum of the universe, beat the snot out of me and then told me to train and fight him again when I'm stronger.

I figured the most rational thing to do after this experience is making a revision thread. How powerful is Goku for becoming real and beating up a real person? Would I scale to him for surviving this beatdown or did he hold back? Not sure if he did tbh

People are joining the wiki out of nowhere just to disagree with DB upgrades, shit is actually so lame, people hate db so much that they go out of their way to just drop a "disagree" without any substance and be on their way. Only DB man.

People are joining the wiki out of nowhere just to disagree with DB upgrades, shit is actually so lame, people hate db so much that they go out of their way to just drop a "disagree" without any substance and be on their way. Only DB man.
Try sonic, or naruto, or any big verse there is, vitimism is not good dude, it is not because it is db

Try sonic, or naruto, or any big verse there is, vitimism is not good dude, it is not because it is db
not victimism, its just true, people will literally join just to disagree with everything no matter, what, you can't lie that DB is one of if not the most controversial verse on this site, and alot of people hate db. I know it happens to other verses, but db suffers from it a shit ton.

One of the reasons I stopped posting here for years. For example, God of War used to be High 6-A. It only became multiversal when countless GoW fanboys raided a revision and the staff team just tossed up their hands and said "Fine! Multiversal Infinite Speed Kratos!" and surprise surprise like 90% of those posters never posted again. I believe he did get downgraded from 2-A to 2-C since then but...yeah. Same stuff with DB here.

I really wonder why anyone can make an account and vote, it's so easy to abuse. I have a similar complaint for when you see the same group of people disagree with a specific verse winning matches, getting upgrades, etc and then also approving of every possible downgrade for that verse, it's absurd how blatant it is. It'd be fine if they had actual arguments but most of the time it's just nonsense.

Essentially it's possible to force upgrades for verses you like and downgrades for verses you dislike via spam and attrition. I figure staff votes are meant to decrease the odds of that working but I've noticed clear biases by some staff members over the years for certain verses that makes it even worse. That's why the quality of verse discussion can vary wildly, less popular ones tend to be better due to less biases plaguing it.

I have a similar complaint for when you see the same group of people disagree with a specific verse winning matches, getting upgrades, etc and then also approving of every possible downgrade for that verse, it's absurd how blatant it is. It'd be fine if they had actual arguments but most of the time it's just nonsense.
Completely agreed
That's why the quality of verse discussion can vary wildly, less popular ones tend to be better due to less biases plaguing it.
they can get away with more wank too tho

One of the reasons I stopped posting here for years. For example, God of War used to be High 6-A. It only became multiversal when countless GoW fanboys raided a revision and the staff team just tossed up their hands and said "Fine! Multiversal Infinite Speed Kratos!" and surprise surprise like 90% of those posters never posted again. I believe he did get downgraded from 2-A to 2-C since then but...yeah. Same stuff with DB here.

I really wonder why anyone can make an account and vote, it's so easy to abuse. I have a similar complaint for when you see the same group of people disagree with a specific verse winning matches, getting upgrades, etc and then also approving of every possible downgrade for that verse, it's absurd how blatant it is. It'd be fine if they had actual arguments but most of the time it's just nonsense.

Essentially it's possible to force upgrades for verses you like and downgrades for verses you dislike via spam and attrition. I figure staff votes are meant to decrease the odds of that working but I've noticed clear biases by some staff members over the years for certain verses that makes it even worse. That's why the quality of verse discussion can vary wildly, less popular ones tend to be better due to less biases plaguing it.
You know that only thread moda/admins/bureucrats can decide if a revision will pass or not right? Your concern doesn't make much sense at all

I agree. The reverse is also true however. Certain fans of a verse who will agree to any and all upgrades, vote for their verse on every MU (usually both FRA'd) are just as bad. There is no logical analysis, just a "throw as much shit as possible and see how much of it can stick" type policy.

Objective analysis of a verse that means a lot to someone is not easy. I mean, genuine neutrality as a concept is debatable itself. There is always something drawing you towards a certain side, and it might not even be a primary reason such as you supporting the verse.

Big kudos to the users who are huge fans/opponents of a certain franchise, but are still able to be fair and rational. I consider myself in this camp tbh.

You know that only thread moda/admins/bureucrats can decide if a revision will pass or not right? Your concern doesn't make much sense at all
That kinda works but there aren't nearly enough staff, with enough time to vote on every CRT, that they had time to fully understand whether it's legit
So an overwhelming amount of support for a CRT can make it look like there is no major issues and it gets rubberstamped

That kinda works but there aren't nearly enough staff, with enough time to vote on every CRT, that they had time to fully understand whether it's legit
So an overwhelming amount of support for a CRT can make it look like there is no major issues and it gets rubberstamped
That is the exact type of behavior that makes someone not become a staff

The entire point of a revision thread is for the users to argue for the revision and the staff to approve or disapprove of it, meaning ignorant or biased arguments are what staff are looking at when making decisions. And staff are also not immune to ignorance or bias when making a decision. Combine that with the lack of staff and it isn't even remotely possible for there to be enough 'knowledgeable' voters for every verse, even big ones like Dragon Ball have barely enough active staff that can claim to actually know the verse well enough to argue for or against it.

Maybe some policy changes have been made? I haven't heard or seen anything different so I have my doubts. Speaking from experience this is how it typically goes down. Not enough staff, not enough time, too much bias on both sides and often both sides are ignorant of what the opposition is even arguing. So it boils down to who sounds better or who screams louder.

In the end it's basically a miniature casual form of politics. Or Dragon Ball when you really think about it.

The entire point of a revision thread is for the users to argue for the revision and the staff to approve or disapprove of it, meaning ignorant or biased arguments are what staff are looking at when making decisions. And staff are also not immune to ignorance or bias when making a decision.
If the arguments are good then the staff will evaluate as such, if they are they will also evaluate as such, i still don't see the problem

Combine that with the lack of staff and it isn't even remotely possible for there to be enough 'knowledgeable' voters for every verse, even big ones like Dragon Ball have barely enough active staff that can claim to actually know the verse well enough to argue for or against it.
Db is one of the ones that has the most staff of all

False, btw.

But since it's one of the most popular verses, on top of its importance in Vs communities, and its history as one of if not the most prominent shonen ever

They kinda have no choice lol
Dragon Ball is literally the biggest gateway to power scaling. Do you power scale? Alright then you have to know a little bit of DB scaling.

Last edited:
Let's start using Kakarot statements.
I wonder if it would be possible to canonise XV by bringing up Toriyama's involvement in Kakarot when Kakarot is set between XV1 and XV2 and features Mira as a boss combined with Toriyama having written the lore of DBO and creating Mira and Towa. Probably not, I'm sure attempts were already made that failed horribly.

If we're talking more specifically though, I recall Kakarot had an interesting line in the description for Freeza's Death Beam that alludes to it actually being invisible to other characters due to its speed. I don't think that exists anywhere outside of the game so technically Kakarot Freeza would have a pretty unique advantage over other Freezas.

I wonder if it would be possible to canonise XV by bringing up Toriyama's involvement in Kakarot when Kakarot is set between XV1 and XV2 and features Mira as a boss combined with Toriyama having written the lore of DBO and creating Mira and Towa. Probably not, I'm sure attempts were already made that failed horribly.

If we're talking more specifically though, I recall Kakarot had an interesting line in the description for Freeza's Death Beam that alludes to it actually being invisible to other characters due to its speed. I don't think that exists anywhere outside of the game so technically Kakarot Freeza would have a pretty unique advantage over other Freezas.
Yes, I can do that, actually, I already tried it, but all my scans were in Portuguese, I didn't know it was to be used in English.

But I'll do an update for that soon

Toriyama Akira involving in almost everything Dragon Ball, but that isn't a proof to canonize game verse bruhh

Were they not a secret encounter?
If we're talking more specifically though, I recall Kakarot had an interesting line in the description for Freeza's Death Beam that alludes to it actually being invisible to other characters due to its speed.
It also states Ki itself is invisible.

Were they not a secret encounter?
The enemies you have to beat to encounter them are introduced to you in the story so it isn't purely optional. The actual Mira fight also isn't exactly difficult to unlock, it just requires you to defeat all of the enhanced enemies which aren't hide to find.

So while the actual Mira fight is technically optional, you are required by the game to actually engage with the enhanced enemies in the story at least once, meaning the presence of Mira and Towa in the timeline is undeniable.
It also states Ki itself is invisible.
Interesting, not sure why it specifically brings up Death Beam being invisible. Either a mistranslation or the implication is that Ki attacks are visible manifestations of Ki. Either way its emphasis on Death Beam's speed would imply Death Beam scales beyond Freeza's baseline speed at least.

Back