• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Oh yeah there's also a showing of vibration manipulation, healing, and special aura stuff
There’s also Perception Manipulation, the need for total relaxation to use Ki (Videl learns Ki episode, I don’t have an Imgur for it), sensing disturbances in energy around your world even when they’re not exhibiting energy, Instinctive Action, etc.

EDIT: Also there’s a feature in the Anime, where gaining Ki from an ally makes you vastly stronger out of the blue.

Anyway, since the original thread was closed i decided to make another one to bring back the Frieza downscaling. It will be ready no later than tomorrow.

Anyway, since the original thread was closed i decided to make another one to bring back the Frieza downscaling. It will be ready no later than tomorrow.
I'm not gonna lie to you, the original thread was buns and was done so then everyone would stop complaining about 5-A Saiyan Saga at the time, as well as for AP multiplier discussions to stop for a while

Literally almost every character in the series that reforms except Vegeta.
Piccolo
There’s also Perception Manipulation, the need for total relaxation to use Ki (Videl learns Ki episode, I don’t have an Imgur for it), sensing disturbances in energy around your world even when they’re not exhibiting energy, Instinctive Action, etc.
I'm a bit iffy on these cause they seem like things Goku acquired from his training on Kami's Lookout, and not something innate to all Ki users

Piccolo

I'm a bit iffy on these cause they seem like things Goku acquired from his training on Kami's Lookout, and not something innate to all Ki users
While they are things Goku learns on the Lookout, it’s all within the “fundamental basics” of Learning Ki he was taught, or is claimed to be by them as he learns it. The first was Popo demonstrating people who don’t have Ki can’t perceive Ki Use properly, causing them to see what is desired to be seen, the next from Goku is about Energy Sensory, in this case sending disturbances in the energy of the world around them when you can’t sense their Ki to maintain location knowledge, the last is clearing your mind, which is necessary to using and mastering Ki and on its own creates instinctive reactions. Such as when Goku after fighting all day finally gets into the zone and instinctively acts after clearing his mind. “Clearing the Mind” within Ki also creates the intimidation effect Chappa felt within the Anime.

While they are things Goku learns on the Lookout, it’s all within the “fundamental basics” of Learning Ki he was taught, or is claimed to be by them as he learns it. The first was Popo demonstrating people who don’t have Ki can’t perceive Ki Use properly, causing them to see what is desired to be seen, the next from Goku is about Energy Sensory, in this case sending disturbances in the energy of the world around them when you can’t sense their Ki to maintain location knowledge, the last is clearing your mind, which is necessary to using and mastering Ki and on its own creates instinctive reactions. Such as when Goku after fighting all day finally gets into the zone and instinctively acts after clearing his mind. “Clearing the Mind” within Ki also creates the intimidation effect Chappa felt within the Anime.
I'll include it for now and see how it goes in the thread. Also these scans were from 20 days ago, what were these being used for?

yafzga.png

Finally getting back into working on that Piccolo Jr. page, holy hell.
I hate writing so much; I hate researching even moreso.

Found something you might want to consider, at least if you want to include information from the Anime. According to Piccolo, growing into his teenage-adult body grew his power beyond expectation. In his words it "was no mere doubling or tripling. To that extent, it felt as if my body's VOLUME along {with it} was doubled."

So instead of being doubled normally, the volume of his power was doubled, or something like that? Pretty sure that's worth nothing and just flowery words. I'd personally just list it as 4x bare minimum, since it's above 3x.

So having a complete clear mind should allow one to have instinctive action, enhanced senses (touch) and resistance to perception manipulation correct?

I don’t think that can be said for all Toei characters though, a couple sure but I think a note should just be added to the page for that

So having a complete clear mind should allow one to have instinctive action, enhanced senses (touch) and resistance to perception manipulation correct?

I don’t think that can be said for all Toei characters though, a couple sure but I think a note should just be added to the page for that
Yes. Though I don't think it's enhanced senses so much as Extrasensory Perception, because the context of the episode is building off what Popo taught him before, which is about sensing Ki. So if anything you'd be sensing the disturbances in ambient Ki ("energy") around you to track objects/people even if that object has no Ki. Also, whilst there is normal Ki Sensing, in the Anime there is a heightened variation that allows you to grasp onto the Ki of your opponent with your own, creating real time tracking. This is part of what Popo taught Goku on the Lookout. I don't think this should apply to really anyone other than the Z-Fighters, Cell, and Vegeta though.

Yes. Though I don't think it's enhanced senses so much as Extrasensory Perception, because the context of the episode is building off what Popo taught him before, which is about sensing Ki. So if anything you'd be sensing the disturbances in ambient Ki ("energy") around you to track objects/people even if that object has no Ki. Also, whilst there is normal Ki Sensing, in the Anime there is a heightened variation that allows you to grasp onto the Ki of your opponent with your own, creating real time tracking.
Makes sense I missed that but when looking through the episodes. But I think enhanced senses should also be allowed as Goku could sense the movements of Tien’s clones via feeling the vibrations in the air
Z-Fighters, Cell, and Vegeta though.
Cell is obvious
The Z-Fighters might have some statement on surpassing Popo or Kami in their training for the Saiyans, or something like them being taught by “everything we know”
Why Vegeta?

Makes sense I missed that but when looking through the episodes. But I think enhanced senses should also be allowed as Goku could sense the movements of Tien’s clones via feeling the vibrations in the air

Cell is obvious
The Z-Fighters might have some statement on surpassing Popo or Kami in their training for the Saiyans, or something like them being taught by “everything we know”
They also explicitly got Goku's Training in the Saiyan Saga, so they should get it.
Why Vegeta?
Vegeta got HIS Energy Sensing via copying Goku and the Z-Fighters version of it. So his should be just as capable.

Alright then that should be fine. I think this should just be on the profiles themselves, it feels unnecessary if it’s just gonna apply to a few characters
I think you're right, honestly.

Is there anything else I'm missing for Anime Continuity stuff?

There's the Original Anime, the Z Anime, GT, the Z-Movies, the 3 Maeda Side Stories, the 2 Specials, EotS OVA, and their respective guides. I don't think I'm missing anything to look into, but I want to make sure.

Back