• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

If we're gonna split them into Early-Mid-End there's no point if it doesn't match Tenkaichi 3.
Tenkaichi was only balancing the main Sagas compared to twenty thanks to films one, two I’m suggesting it to limit the clutter on the profiles, THREE this DOES split them in the Tenkaichi Method, focusing on the Saiyan-Frieza Sagas, Android-Cell Sagas, and the Buu Saga respectively. Were merely adjusting to account for the additional information created by the Toei Continuity.

Tenkaichi was only balancing the main Sagas compared to twenty thanks to films one, two I’m suggesting it to limit the clutter on the profiles, THREE this DOES split them in the Tenkaichi Method, focusing on the Saiyan-Frieza Sagas, Android-Cell Sagas, and the Buu Saga respectively. Were merely adjusting to account for the additional information created by the Toei Continuity.
But Tenkaichi 3 does take into account all the sagas, it's basically Toeiverse the game (hell SSJ3 Goku's Ultimate is the Dragon Fist)

And to be more accurate, Early is Saiyan saga only (up to Lord Slug), Mid is Freezer up to early Cell Saga (Basically Mid ends once he enter the time chamber, which is a decent cut off point) while End is after he gets out of the Time Chamber onwards.

But Tenkaichi 3 does take into account all the sagas, it's basically Toeiverse the game (hell SSJ3 Goku's Ultimate is the Dragon Fist)
Whilst it does take into account the Sagas, you’re attempting to equate individual moves (often very minor) and character placement use compared to indexing every single thing about them in one gigantic list, which Tenkaichi 3 doesn’t do. It’s not only not the same, it’s substantially easier if we try NOT to concentrate a large quantity of arcs onto a specific one and create additional bloat.
And to be more accurate, Early is Saiyan saga only (up to Lord Slug), Mid is Freezer up to early Cell Saga (Basically Mid ends once he enter the time chamber, which is a decent cut off point) while End is after he gets out of the Time Chamber onwards.
Considering Early also can have moves like the KK Times 20 and Large Spirit Bomb, no. It’s the Namek-Frieza Saga too. Just him without SSJ.

Whilst it does take into account the Sagas, you’re attempting to equate individual moves (often very minor) and character placement use compared to indexing every single thing about them in one gigantic list, which Tenkaichi 3 doesn’t do. It’s not only not the same, it’s substantially easier if we try NOT to concentrate a large quantity of arcs onto a specific one and create additional bloat.

Considering Early also can have moves like the KK Times 20 and Large Spirit Bomb, no. It’s the Namek-Frieza Saga too. Just him without SSJ.
No, In was talking about Tenkaichi 3, Early Goku only has the Kaioken Attack he used against Vegeta and the Spirit Bomb he used against Wheelo, Turles and Slug (as in the one he tried to use against Vegeta but this time he could land it first time).

Goku Mid is the one with the Kaioken Times x20 Kamehameha and the Large Spirit Bomb.

No, In was talking about Tenkaichi 3, Early Goku only has the Kaioken Attack he used against Vegeta and the Spirit Bomb he used against Wheelo, Turles and Slug (as in the one he tried to use against Vegeta but this time he could land it first time).

Goku Mid is the one with the Kaioken Times x20 Kamehameha and the Large Spirit Bomb.
Ah. Raging Blast is the one with that, then. This doesn’t change how you’re creating artificial bloat we don’t need, though. It’s better to divide more evenly than to try and force an iteration to hold extra unnecessary arcs and create a hassle for profile formatting. And, given how “Early” Goku has been remodeled timeline/moveset wise in later DBZ Games (RB, SZ, FighterZ), I don’t see why we’d adhere to BT3. The whole point is convenience and ease of formatting, not to mimic the game itself.

Ranging Blast doesn't have an Early Goku, he doesn't have multiple Goku's at all so IDK why you brought him up.

I mean from what I seen Sparking Zero still keeps the same separation as shown by their normal unedited movesets look like (Early Goku is still Saiyan Saga while Mid Goku is Freeza-Early Cell saga, though he doesn't do anything noteworthy outside the movies in that latter time period so his moveset is just Freeza saga).

It's late so I'm going to sleep soon but maybe personally I don't see the bloat, Early cvoers a good chunk with the Saiyan Saga stuff and Mid covers...well I can't recall of the top of my head RN but it shouldn't be that many, while End probably covers the bulk, dunno maybe it doesn't feel like bloat to me, but then again I'm sleepy.

And I feel if you're trying to stick to Tenkaichi then it would be ideal to actually commit to it, kinda like how Sparking Zero basically has a lot of character moveset being a BT3 exact copy but in HD.

To put into perspective how you’re trying to allocate the Arcs:

Early: The Dead Zone, Saiyan, World’s Strongest, Tree of Might, and Lord Slug Sagas. (5)

Mid: Namek/Frieza, Garlic Jr., Cooler’s Revenge, Android, Return of Cooler. and Super Android 13 Sagas. (6-7)

End: Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, Cell, Bojack Unbound, Second Coming, Bio-Broly, Fusion Reborn, Buu, and Wrath of Dragon Sagas. (10.)

We’re trying to divide twenty arcs worth of material. Trying to match it exactly puts us in a bad spot. It’s much more efficient to divide the time between the end of each major canon Arc, (End of Frieza Saga, End of Cell Saga, Buu Saga) to fit them in.

Also, we don’t benefit at all from committing to it. The suggestion is simply dividing it into 3, not arbitrarily following the conventions of a game to the letter. Especially not when it causes more clutter, not less, which is the whole point of dividing the profile.

Back