• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Whis explicitly isn't allowed to use his full power which means he cant fly at his full speeds either. another non-argument
So SSB Goku>holding back Whis? Also he always uses a technique to fly across the universe with the staff. So it's heavily implied without it he is far slower.

That is the implication tho. Goku having a faster than finite speed >>> finite speed holding back whis
that just proves Whis can do it as well but doesnt because he specifically isnt allowed to exert himself. even Beerus at one point considered Whis slow so that isnt something weird.

regardless the feat is still an outlier. I just wanted to show why veronica's "reasoning" was bad as always

i didn't say that

changes nothing. he can't use more than a certain amount of power
It does because Whis always uses the technique "warp" to travel. Meaning he himself is far slower than the staff. We have also Beerus a MUI tier character who is far below Whis warp.

Whis explicitly isn't allowed to use his full power which means he cant fly at his full speeds either. another non-argument
When is Whis ever stated to not be allowed to use his full power / flight speed? The only restriction on Whis is that he can't take biased actions in conflicts.

that's game stuff i'm pretty sure

bullshit

proof?
The name is only game, the technique is shown in the anime many times. If he isn't than why not use his own speed rather than relying on the staff's speed? Beerus to Whis "Can you go any faster". Whis "this is fast as I can go" and Beerus stays in the white warp

When is Whis ever stated to not be allowed to use his full power / flight speed? The only restriction on Whis is that he can't take biased actions in conflicts.
I agree that Whis probably isn’t limited this way, but there is some minor implication. Merus using his Angel Powers to train Goku, for example, was considered broaching the line. This implies that there is also some level of power they can’t cross. That SAID, Whis is constantly training Goku and Vegeta with Ultra Instinct thanks to its passive status within his physiology, so I elect to believe it’s either Merus Specific (He’s in training and on a Mortal Life Leave), or proportional to the Angel in question.

The name is only game, the technique is shown in the anime many times
no the "technique" itself is only distinguished as a technique separate from his flight in games. in both the manga and anime its just Whis's flight speed, nothing more. the anime and manga dont make the distinction only the games do.
If he isn't than why not use his own speed rather than relying on the staff's speed?
cuz they're the same as I said. He IS relying on his own speed. the distinction only comes from the game. his staff's speed is never referred to as a separate "ability" in any canon media
Beerus to Whis "Can you go any faster". Whis "this is fast as I can go" and Beerus stays in the white warp
which is disproven when Whis comes from beerus's planet to earth in under a minute on screen and says he has never flown this fast before in the Arale episode.

Did you forget? When the universe was accepted as infinite, infinite speed was considered atypical.
In terms of speed, the only thing that would happen would be a downgrade since that calculation could no longer be used.
that's just bullshit lol. this proves that the problem isnt DB's speed having (too many) outliers the problem is the incredulity of a few people who have a strict headcanon as to what Dragon Ball should be

I agree that Whis probably isn’t limited this way, but there is some minor implication. Merus using his Angel Powers to train Goku, for example, was considered broaching the line. This implies that there is also some level of power they can’t cross. That SAID, Whis is constantly training Goku and Vegeta with Ultra Instinct thanks to its passive status within his physiology, so I elect to believe it’s either Merus Specific (He’s in training and on a Mortal Life Leave), or proportional to the Angel in question.
Granted Whis definitely isn't using his full power in sparring matches; he could knock out Beerus with a tap after all so he definitely isn't fighting at that level when training Goku and Vegeta. Doesn't mean he has to limit himself outside of that.

that's just bullshit lol. this proves that the problem isnt DB's speed having (too many) outliers the problem is the incredulity of a few people who have a strict canon as to what Dragon Ball should be
Well, at the time it was considered outlier. And well, I doubt anything has changed since that time.

Since there will still be the ToP problem and the lack of more similar feats.

Idk what everyone is arguing but whis isn't allowed to go full power otherwise he would get erased just like what happened to meerus so yes there is an extent till which whis could use his power otherwise it would breach the angel code

Granted Whis definitely isn't using his full power in sparring matches; he could knock out Beerus with a tap after all so he definitely isn't fighting at that level when training Goku and Vegeta. Doesn't mean he has to limit himself outside of that.
That’s what I mean by proportional. Merus using his Angel Power (Ultra Instinct and that general level), is a problem—But Whis at that level is fine because he’s not taking it seriously at all.

no the "technique" itself is only distinguished as a technique separate from his flight in games. in both the manga and anime its just Whis's flight speed, nothing more. the anime and manga dont make the distinction only the games do.

cuz they're the same as I said. He IS relying on his own speed. the distinction only comes from the game. his staff's speed is never referred to as a separate "ability" in any canon media

which is disproven when Whis comes from beerus's planet to earth in under a minute on screen and says he has never flown this fast before in the Arale episode.
False. We see Whis tap in space with the staff and than it creates a white warp. Clearly showing it's the staff ability.

False. We see Whis tap in space with the staff and than it creates a white warp. Clearly showing it's the staff ability.
nothing about that proves its a separate ability. and what warp? what is that? I've never heard that term in manga or anime so i have no idea what you're on about.

nothing about that proves its a separate ability. and what warp? what is that? I've never heard that term in manga or anime so i have no idea what you're on about.
He clearly uses the staff by taping it on the ground in ground or in space: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d.../smart/width/386/height/259?cb=20190831033529

That white warp isn't Whis own aura. Also Whis staff has more technique such as: staff dimension and its not Whis own technique als. Yet it doesn't have a name either.

He clearly uses the staff by taping it on the ground in ground or in space: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d.../smart/width/386/height/259?cb=20190831033529
dead link plus that link is about the temporal do-over. completely different thing.
That white warp isn't Whis own aura.
prove that. also makes no difference but try proving that
Also Whis staff has more technique such as: staff dimension and its not Whis own technique als. Yet it doesn't have a name either.
makes no difference.

Its clear what your goal here is you've been presenting every possible DB downplay argument you can possibly find in every possible trashcan that exists including sites like comicvine but it wont work here. continue being insufferable and you'll (hopefully) get thread banned again

Back