• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Heroes Infinite Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, too many coments, i didn't realize u weren't siding with infinite speed, missinterpreted the "we need to revise whetever these characters fall within our current guidelines for Infinite Speed".

Oh my god.

Its basic logic.

Even if you move 1cm in a place where there is no time, you have infinite speed.

Seriously, what is the point of voting if this isnt already being added?

So it's 21 agreeing completely vs 3 disagreeing completely. This thread isn't getting productive anymore and is leading to circular discussions.

> Originating from a void can be used to support the rating. However, this does not automatically make a character infinite in speed. In addition, lacking such an origin is not a justification to disqualify a character from the rating. Official statements can also be applied as long as the description is clear or clarified.

This refers to characters that are born in a void, but don't show the ability to move or live inside it. For example, someone who is born in an egg that originates from the void (like Pangu from Chinese Mythology)

Agree: 26 (Gargoyle, Ever, Knight, Ryukama, Glass, Kep, Riki, Dieno, Amexim, Dragon, Ryu, Asnav, Julian, Zenkai, Rapid, Hrish, Quantu, Ultima, Kaltias, DMB, Pachi (Demon Gods only), Hst, Straika, Dark649, Frantzy, Dziga)

Disagree: 3 (TheUpgrademan, Matt, Fire)

Neutral: 7 (Seed, Cal, Sera, Dodo, Velox, Js, DDM)

I'm not upset with you at all. I'm just saying that things that I've said in the past that got rejected got accepted once you, DT, or someone else state the same thing. Not kidding.

And I wasn't talking about infinite speed threads. Oh no I've pointed out bad defnitions and things that need addressing since I got here.

I disagree with it, and i find myself to be a very fodder tier debater. Some very good points were made on both sides. Due to may inability to refute because i have poor debating skills. I decided to just observe things. I also find it pointless to debate back due to the overwhelming number that agrees... its scary...

The problem comes from the way the "realm outside of time" and "timeless void" are treated in different universes, and what existing / moving there may entail. Some Verses are very explict about Higher-Spatial Dimensions, transcendence over space and time, etc. Others, like Dragon Ball, simply have "This is a place where time doesn't flow", where everyone can just move or do things without any consequence.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
I disagree with it, and i find myself to be a very fodder tier debater. Some very good points were made on both sides. Due to may inability to refute because i have poor debating skills. I decided to just observe things. I also find it pointless to debate back due to the overwhelming number that agrees... its scary...
You shouldn't be discussing here if you don't have confidence in your opinions anyways. Even if your argument is mediocre, it's still something that must be taken in account before reaching a conclusion. Speak up.

Dragon Ball is already a higher-dimensional 4D verse. It already has that part covered.

There is no need for any consequence. The realm exists outside of time itself, time doesn't exist inside it, as stated in the scans. The feat doesn't need to be treated like a big deal or anything. It's, nonetheless, a feat

Whether the writers intended for it to be a big deal or not, we treat it as such in a VSdebate.

In my opinion it is sort of weird to see Kepekley debate so for this... When the very last time this occurred he was the very one against it debatably the most when the same scans showed up. Hmm... I guess people change in a few months or so.

There are no 4D characters in Dragon Ball outside of maybe Infinite Zamasu. Everyone else is 3D with 4D powers.

And there is a need for consequences. If there aren't any, if the statements are contradicted, if the realm demonstrably doesn't follow the stated characteristics, the logical assumption s that the statement is wrong.

We did that for the World of Void. It demonstrably has both time and space.

I was against the scans for Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Dragon Ball Heroes = \ = Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Also Kep, you distorted my entire argument. My argument wasn't that the series outright said "Oh my god, they are moving in a void!" my point is that the nature of the void / realm without time be treated with at least the slightest analysis and consistency given to it.

Which is why Infinite Speed is more easily acceptable for characters who are explictely beyond space-time, or higher-dimensional. DB has none.

Also, like Sera said before, S = D / T

"Timeless void" means that the value of time is 0. You are dividing by 0 in this case. You aren't going to get infinite. You are getting an invalid mathematical result.

> There are no 4D characters in Dragon Ball outside of maybe Infinite Zamasu. Everyone else is 3D with 4D powers.

This isn't Dragon Ball Super. Everyone worth anything in Heroes is Tier 2 and has 4-D powers. And Demigra is 4-D flat out.

> And there is a need for consequences. If there aren't any, if the statements are contradicted, if the realm demonstrably doesn't follow the stated characteristics, the logical assumption s that the statement is wrong.

Except there are three different statements showing the realm is timeless. Every time it's mentioned, they note this property. There is no contradiction. It's true.

The logical and standard assumption is that the array of knowledgeable characters who say something big are right with their assessment until otherwise proven.

Bluetrekking said:
Unless somebody makes a thread, the guidelines will stay as they are. As such, we need to revise whetever these characters fall within our current guidelines for Infinite Speed.
About 99% of people with infinite speed have it because of a void feat.

These are both exaggerations. The majority are for existence beyond space-time. Even things like moving in stopped time through sheer speed.

There are consequences. When SS4 Xeno Goku Powers up, He warps the timeline he's in. However, Chronoa states that he won't warp time because the Demon Realm is apart from time.

"Everyone worth anything in Heroes is Tier 2 and has 4-D powers. And Demigra is 4-D flat out"

Not everyone, only very high-tier people. Demigra has 4D powers, not 4th Dimensional.

"Except there are three different statements showing the realm is timeless. Every time it's mentioned, they note this property. There is no contradiction. It's true."

Cool, but in the context of the Verse, it means absolutely nothing. It has no consequence to the people in it, who still experience things linearly and act as if following time, and outsiders can move in it without hindrance, outsiders who objectively do not have Infinite Speed.

The point is that in DBH Timeless Void doesn't give you Infinite Speed.

So summing up, the argument is "it's DragonBall, so it can't have infinite speed because it would be too complex".

Infinite speed is for characters who perceive perceive moments as if time comes to a complete stop. While different from someone who can stop time on a universal scale or above, a character with infinite speed is someone who can perform an infinite number of tasks before a single jiffy has passed.

> Not everyone, only very high-tier people. Demigra has 4D powers, not 4th Dimensional.

The only people who are really worth anything are the top-tiers, who are all Tier 2.

> Cool, but in the context of the Verse, it means absolutely nothing. It has no consequence to the people in it, who still experience things linearly and act as if following time, and outsiders can move in it without hindrance, outsiders who objectively do not have Infinite Speed.

Prepare to downgrade every infinitely fast character ever if you're treating "time visibly passes to the viewer" as a valid argument against the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back