• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Ability Revisions

Except that literally no one else showed it other than Super Buu, and that similar "feats" only happened far later. Plus this is from a guidebook, isn't it? Actual show > guidebook.

Rocket-Bot said:
Daizenshuu states this "https://pm1.narvii.com/6626/1bdc8435219d17eb20e918b5b1636aee4177091b_hq.jpg"
"Only people with an extremely high battle powers can do this." If super buu and buu saga gotenks are considered to have a "extremely high battle powers" to be able to rip open a hole in a dimension, then logically anybody stronger than them should be able to perform the same ability
Except that the reaction from Piccolo and co makes it appear that the ability is indeed rare. If everybody could simply use it, they wouldn't be surprised.

Not to mention that the Portal Creation had a very specific context. It was in the middle of the ROSAT dimension (a dimension with such wonky physics there's echo without nothing to bounce the sound, high gravity, drastic changes in temperature and possibly other things I'm missing). The feat has not been replicated outside of the ROSAT.

I'm incredibly surprised this wasn't considered before. Portal creation for every character in Dragon Ball makes absolutely no sense with everything that has been shown, not to mention the specifics of that portal creation being already flimsy enough. How long is the range of the portal creation? Can you go through dimensions inside an universe or is it possible to transport betwen universes? Wouldn't the portal creation make Goku's and yardrat teleportation be not that big of a deal (if you can indeed create portals between long distances?). Overall it's just a mess to justify in-universe, so I would chalk it up to some possible reasons.

1. It's a magical power byproduct of fusion and a high enough power level. So far, only fusion-based characters (Buu, Anilaza, Gotenks, Fused Zamasu in the manga) have been able to create portals.

2. It's something that Buu and Gotenks were only able to do because of the properties of the ROSAT dimension. Anilaza and Fused Zamasu have it as part of their standard abilities but no one else has it.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Except that literally no one else showed it other than Super Buu, and that similar "feats" only happened far later. Plus this is from a guidebook, isn't it? Actual show > guidebook.
Actually, Gotenks did the same thing. Also, what Anilaza was doing is significally different than what Buu did, Anilaza was creating portals near him and his opponents and then punching them. Buu ripped open a hole from one dimension to another (ROSAT to Earth), and Possible Portal Creation is reffering to what Buu did, not Anilaza.

Rocket-Bot said:
Saikou The Lewd King said:
Actually, Gotenks did the same thing. Also, what Anilaza was doing is significally different than what Buu did, Anilaza was creating portals near him and his opponents and then punching them. Buu ripped open a hole from one dimension to another (ROSAT to Earth), and Possible Portal Creation is reffering to what Buu did, not Anilaza.
And they only did so inside the ROSAT. Portal creation is such a convenient power to have. Why wouldn't the z-warriors try it outside of the ROSAT? Answer: they simply can't.

It was outright implied to be a strength related ability.

• Chapter: 493 (DBZ 299), P7.1
  • Context: Super Saiyan Gotenks and Piccolo fail to open up a dimensional hole like Boo did
  • Piccolo: "It-it's no use…Not even so much as a needle-sized hole will open up…!"
Piccolo and SSJ Gotenks can't even open a needle-sized hole

• Chapter: 493 (DBZ 299), P9.2-3, P10.3-4
  • Context: right after Gotenks transforms into a Super Saiyan 3
  • Piccolo: "Wh-what's happened to yo-you…!?"
  • Gotenks: "Don't ask me, I don't know. Hehhe~~eh, that freaked you out, didn't it!? But I'm super-duper strong!"
  • *he screams and opens up a big hole*
  • Gotenks: "I did it!"
But Gotenks, due to his strength, can.

The Everlasting said:
>the specifics
...You mean screaming really, really hard? Lol.
Yes. It doesnt really matter how complicated or simple the answer is.

If they dont even know screaming hard to an extent can open the portals, then they dont know the specifics in doing it themselves.

It was a joke because "the specifics" are hilariously basic.

I should also mention that Goku at least used to have Portal Creation for something involving Hit's Tides of Time.

I don't think the portal creation would work outside the ROSAT because the mortal realm isn't located inside any other dimension. Maybe the portal creation only applies to beings trapped inside a dimension; like if you're trapped in a box and poke a hole in the box. You can only poke a hole in the box because you're located inside a box. Kind of a middle ground, but what do you guys think?

The RoSaT is not "inside" anything. It is a separate dimension accessible through the portal in Kami's Lookout, the same way the universe is accessible through some ways in the Afterlife and vice-versa. Your analogy doesn't really hold ├║p.

It is a minor ability, but there's really no reason not to have it.

Whatever that thing Hit had from the short arc with him, that place holding all the time he's skipped or something.

I didn't see the episodes so I'm going off of what I last saw on the DB wiki lol.

More like a PIS and death of author really

This **** happen alot though the Dragonball series.

It fine to remove it for now. But we need to talk about this stuff alot.

Kepekley23 said:
The RoSaT is not "inside" anything. It is a separate dimension accessible through the portal in Kami's Lookout, the same way the universe is accessible through some ways in the Afterlife and vice-versa. Your analogy doesn't really hold ├║p.

It is a minor ability, but there's really no reason not to have it.
But the Rosat is physically located on Earth and is completely surrounded by the Mortal Realm. It isn't like the Mortal Realm and the Afterlife where it's essentially two seperate planes of reality located physically right next to each other.

The RoSaT is not physically on Earth. It is a separate dimension that can be accessed through a portal. That's why it couldn't be escaped after Piccolo destroyed the door to begin with.

Going by that logic, the Afterlife is 100% surrounded by the Mortal Realm.

Although, I do recognize why people think it's iffy for the characters to have an ability they don't know they can use in the profiles.

If not removing it and nothing else, the bare minimum should be Portal Creation being entirely useless in combat to everyone sans Buu and Gotenks if not already.

I agree with Kepekley23 in keeping the ability.

The idea that the DB cast doesn't know how to utilize the ability is why there is a possible before the ability. I feel that specifying that no other characters used the ability would be rather redundant.

You see, the "possible" doesn't have any bearing on a vs battle because they don't know or have tried to use the portal creation in canon outside of the characters already mentioned. Then it should be taken out.

Otherwise almost everyone would have possible hax resistances via being comparable to the next guy.

EdgarDom said:
You see, the "possible" doesn't have any bearing on a vs battle because they don't know or have tried to use the portal creation in canon outside of the characters already mentioned. Then it should be taken out.
There has been no reason for any of the characters to use the ability again as they haven't been BFR'd since. Just because these characters haven't used the ability, doesn't mean they don't possibly have it.

This is an indexing site first and foremost, being accurate is what matters.

Warren Valion said:
EdgarDom said:
There has been no reason for any of the characters to use the ability again as they haven't been BFR'd since. Just because these characters haven't used the ability, doesn't mean they don't possibly have it.
This is an indexing site first and foremost, being accurate is what matters.
So, now everyone stronger than Golden Frieza has resistance to existance erasure even though they haven't shown it? Is everyone stronger than Gohan resistant to poison because it's said that it was thanks to his ki focus?

Everyone else treats "outliers" as this as character specific powers because feat wise is what they have shown. I don't know why portal creation gets a free pass.

EdgarDom said:
So, now everyone stronger than Golden Frieza has resistance to existance erasure even though they haven't shown it? Is everyone stronger than Gohan resistant to poison because it's said that it was thanks to his ki focus?

Everyone else treats "outliers" as this as character specific powers because feat wise is what they have shown. I don't know why portal creation gets a free pass.
Creating Portals to cross realms was shown to be accomplished utilizing a certain level of power.

Kepekley23's scans prove that.

"

It was outright implied to be a strength related ability.

• Chapter: 493 (DBZ 299), P7.1
  • Context: Super Saiyan Gotenks and Piccolo fail to open up a dimensional hole like Boo did
  • Piccolo: "It-it's no use…Not even so much as a needle-sized hole will open up…!"
Piccolo and SSJ Gotenks can't even open a needle-sized hole

• Chapter: 493 (DBZ 299), P9.2-3, P10.3-4
  • Context: right after Gotenks transforms into a Super Saiyan 3
  • Piccolo: "Wh-what's happened to yo-you…!?"
  • Gotenks: "Don't ask me, I don't know. Hehhe~~eh, that freaked you out, didn't it!? But I'm super-duper strong!"
  • *he screams and opens up a big hole*
  • Gotenks: "I did it!"
But Gotenks, due to his strength, can.

"

They aren't even the same ability, The Vice shout punctures a hole through the Universe, An's just warps space time, it doesn't even reach other Dimensions.

"What the?! Its punch warped!"

"It's bending space time through sheer power".

It would be completely unnecessary for Anilaza to do that when it's in the same location as its opponents. That's derailing though.

Unite My Rice said:
It would be completely unnecessary for Anilaza to do that when it's in the same location as its opponents. That's derailing though.
I don't think it do that because it need to but because it can do it

Back