• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dr. Slump tweaks, additions and upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Arale's profile needs fixing, updating, and upgrading

Here is the optimal finished product
Under the supervision of Confluctor, Arale's profile has been properly sourced and a few new power and abilities have been added but only what Confluctor has accepted as valid. I also very occasionally asked for input from other members as well
Also Here is a Sandbox for Gatchan. A new addition to the Dr. Slump roster

Please browse through the profile carefully and when you are done post your comments and concerns so that when all is said and done the fixes, additions and changes may be applied.

Last edited:
193.jpg

Oof the new format.

Anyway, good work on that.

Last edited:
I'm still uneasy about Dr Slump and Dragon Ball being assumed the same exact setting. But the proposals look well thought out regardless.

Well, it seems fine to me as well, but let's wait a bit for Jasonsith to respond.

Alright then, time to give some thoughts
Immortality Negation: I disagree here. It's more like gag inconsistently. For example in one episode Bugs is very afraid that he can die from decapitation while in another he casually returns from getting melted.
Regeneration: I think it's Mid rether then High-Mid. That sumo guy getting blown into mini version of himself is probably is probably hax from Mashirito. Also we don't see him refuse together
Free Movement: I think in the 2nd Movie she could literally run in other space like she does on the could, additional proof?
Reality Warping: Pretty sure removing Senbei's eye is more Toon Force from his side than her side(your could metion this as one of the examples for Immortality Type 2). I think this was discussed in a previous thread.
Speed/Teleportation: We have to decide wether she travelled to Saturn or simply teleport. If it's the former, we remove this from the RW links; if it's the later; we remove this from the speed feats.
Subjective Reality: This & this is more of an animation that makes the characters comperable to a giant object for the sake of making them visable in that scene. Wander over Yonder does this a lot for example. The samurai guy didn't manipulate prespective there, his punch created a shockwave that broke the mountain.
Resistance to Space Manipulation: Technically Senbei never managed to get a hit on her. She managed to counter his sword slashes with her own, so would this count as Space Manipulation from her side too instead?
Space-Time Manipulation: Arale basically pulled a Kirby Return to Dreamland feat, noice
Gatchan AP: I want to add that in OG DB epsiode 57 Arale admits to Goku that she's nothing compared to the Gatchans
Also a suggestion: Arale & the Gatchans should higher AP via the N'cha Cannon & electric attack. Also spams that attack when she can't overpower the obtical with physical strikes for example robots stronger than her, that wierd comment near the end of the old anime & the meteor in Dr.Slump returns
Most of the other stuff were fine. Great work guys (y) !

Alright then, time to give some thoughts
Alright time for my counter points
Immortality Negation: I disagree here. It's more like gag inconsistently. For example in one episode Bugs is very afraid that he can die from decapitation while in another he casually returns from getting melted.
That is a good point actually however what Looney Tunes lack and what Dr. Slump has are statements
It has been stated numerous times that Dr. Slump characters cant die and are essentially immortal, something Looney Tunes never outright states. So arale being able to kill someone is a very impressive feat. It would have been inconsistent without the statement of immortality but with the statement it makes the feat more rounded and grounded
Regeneration: I think it's Mid rether then High-Mid. That sumo guy getting blown into mini version of himself is probably is probably hax from Mashirito. Also we don't see him refuse together
I actually went on a full on debate with confluctor about this and essentially, the conclusion Confluctor arrived at was that their was nothing proving that Mashirito was directly haxing the Sumo Guy into becoming mini-multiple men. Mashirito's objective was to blow him to pieces with missiles but the Sumo Guy regenerating from that was simply because of the nature of Dr Slump characters being unkillable
Free Movement: I think in the 2nd Movie she could literally run in other space like she does on the could, additional proof?
Running into outer space is good additional proof. Thanks
Reality Warping: Pretty sure removing Senbei's eye is more Toon Force from his side than her side(your could metion this as one of the examples for Immortality Type 2). I think this was discussed in a previous thread.
Arale being eaten and then sudddenly winding up in Senbei's head would be toon force on her part. Removing the eye would have to be more her than him because its not like Senbei was removing it himself but I'll admit some amount of toon force must be coming from his side.

And yeah this could be use as additional input for the immortality
Speed/Teleportation: We have to decide wether she travelled to Saturn or simply teleport. If it's the former, we remove this from the RW links; if it's the later; we remove this from the speed feats.
It's very much more Teleportation than speed
As for the speed feats, yeah we have definitely have better speed feats that we could use but as your aware the calcs are underway and might need adjusting which is why we have refrained from touching the statistics as of yet.

But yeah that scan and justification likely should be removed
Subjective Reality: This & this is more of an animation that makes the characters comperable to a giant object for the sake of making them visable in that scene. Wander over Yonder does this a lot for example. The samurai guy didn't manipulate prespective there, his punch created a shockwave that broke the mountain.
In that case these will be adjusted
Thank You
Resistance to Space Manipulation: Technically Senbei never managed to get a hit on her. She managed to counter his sword slashes with her own, so would this count as Space Manipulation from her side too instead?
Yeah that makes sense actually
We should move this from Spatial Resistance to Spatial Manipulation
Gatchan AP: I want to add that in OG DB epsiode 57 Arale admits to Goku that she's nothing compared to the Gatchans
Excellent Input!!!!!
Also a suggestion: Arale & the Gatchans should higher AP via the N'cha Cannon & electric attack. Also spams that attack when she can't overpower the obtical with physical strikes for example robots stronger than her, that wierd comment near the end of the old anime & the meteor in Dr.Slump returns
Yeah that is definitely true and as far as the calcs are currently going its pretty consistent
Most of the other stuff were fine. Great work guys (y) !
THANK YOU FOR INPUTTING

What should the jupiter feat be replaced with for the time being?
Arale has feats of moving to and from Jupiter in seconds and hopping across multiple planets in seconds as well
We can replace it with one of those
Problem is they haven't been calced yet which is why we have refrained from touching the Statistics

It has been stated numerous times that Dr. Slump characters cant die and are essentially immortal, something Looney Tunes never outright states. So arale being able to kill someone is a very impressive feat. It would have been inconsistent without the statement of immortality but with the statement it makes the feat more rounded and grounded
They've a few statements too. On the top of my mind: Slappy says there's no dying in cartoons. Her body was completly destroyed in one moment, the next she appeared like nothing happened & joked that she's too old to die.(I'm gonna need time to get links)
I actually went on a full on debate with confluctor about this and essentially, the conclusion Confluctor arrived at was that their was nothing proving that Mashirito was directly haxing the Sumo Guy into becoming mini-multiple men. Mashirito's objective was to blow him to pieces with missiles but the Sumo Guy regenerating from that was simply because of the nature of Dr Slump characters being unkillable
OK then.
If it wasn't hax but simple explosive then why zero damage to the ground? That was quite the big explosion
If the guy was really regenerating then why aren't his mini-versions fusing? If anything those mini copies are going further away from each other.
If it was immortality him being blown to pieces would've created copies the same size as the originals like Lobo with his blood drops.
If he's regeneration/immortality, then why is he that afraid? He would just become whole again, try to dodge missiles the 2nd time he gets attacked & try to get closer to hit Mashirito
Arale being eaten and then sudddenly winding up in Senbei's head would be toon force on her part. Removing the eye would have to be more her than him because its not like Senbei was removing it himself but I'll admit some amount of toon force must be coming from his side.
It's a trope about toons having abnormal bodies & easy to remove body part. That eye thing has happened to Daffy & Tom too.
It's very much more Teleportation than speed
As for the speed feats, yeah we have definitely have better speed feats that we could use but as your aware the calcs are underway and might need adjusting which is why we have refrained from touching the statistics as of yet.

But yeah that scan and justification likely should be removed
What should the jupiter feat be replaced with for the time being?
Speaking of justifications: Didn't she dodge lasers beams from Caramel Man 2 & that guy who was pretending to be a robot? That guy also moved at the speed of light & Arale easily catched up to him. Could these works as replacements
In that case these will be adjusted
Thank You
Yeah that makes sense actually
We should move this from Spatial Resistance to Spatial Manipulation
Excellent Input!!!!!
Yeah that is definitely true and as far as the calcs are currently going its pretty consistent
THANK YOU FOR INPUTTING
No problem, i'm glad i could help

Last edited:
They've a few statements too. On the top of my mind: Slappy says there's no dying in cartoons. Her body was completly destroyed in one moment, the next she appeared like nothing happened & joked that she's too old to die.(I'm gonna need time to get links)
Yeah, I'll accept this point as valid after you show the links

EDIT: The links you shown are far too vague and cant be reliably used as a debunk
If it was immortality him being blown to pieces would've created copies the same size as the originals like Lobo with his blood drops.
A refute to this point only
I dont think its fair to apply and compare how regen/immortality works for one character to how a character from a completely different verse uses and applies his.
It's a trope about toons having abnormal bodies & easy to remove body part. That eye thing has happened to Daffy & Tom too.
I suppose that's true and that abnormal body would be attributed to Senbei's Toon Force while Arale being able to move through it would be attributed to her toon force.
Point Taken
Speaking of justifications: Didn't she dodge lasers beams from Caramel Man 2 & that guy who was pretending to be a robot? That guy also moved at the speed of light & Arale easily catched up to him. Could these works as replacements
Sure. These can also work
No problem, i'm glad i could help
(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
I've added the fixes for the Space Manipulation, etc
Time stamp? I looked through it and just saw her saying Gatchan was strong.

OK then.
If it wasn't hax but simple explosive then why zero damage to the ground? That was quite the big explosion
If the guy was really regenerating then why aren't his mini-versions fusing? If anything those mini copies are going further away from each other.
If he's regeneration/immortality, then why is he that afraid? He would just become whole again, try to dodge missiles the 2nd time he gets attacked & try to get closer to hit Mashirito
Again... Prove its this guys doing and not the fatman's.

This is just an interpretation, just like the one in the OP. So, yeah, prove the robot is doing this.

Also aoe fallacy, especially for a show like this where it don't exist ever... Seriously?

Also, idfk why his mini versions aren't fusing. Since he is such a minor character, it would mean he just figured it out he can do something like this. Don't think he has been killed s gazillion times before.

As I told someone else before, just dismiss the feat as it's Hella vague.

So what do you think that we should do here, @Jasonsith ?
Just so you know
The overhaul is about calculations methods and revision of statistics

We are currently figuring out how to apply recent information obtain and how this would impact current and future calcs

We are currently still deciding this

Okay, so how is this thread affected by that?

It isnt

This thread has little to nothing to do with calculations and statistics

It purely focuses on rearranging the profile and adding new content, new abilities and implementing Gatchan

Which the general consensus is all commenters are in agreement for the proposals

Statistics and Calculation Evaluations and Revisions shall be addressed in another thread SPECIFICALLY covering that topic

Okay, but I asked Jasonsith to help out with this thread as well.

Okay, but I asked Jasonsith to help out with this thread as well.
Im aware
And if your waiting for a comment about the proposals then sure

Though im quite sure he's fine with them as is given you did call him here to oversee them.
I dont think he disagrees with anything Otherwise he would have left a comment since he was active in the general chat a few hours ago

The calculations are more so his concern.

Well, he is listed as knowledgeable about Dr. Slump, so I would prefer if he comments here before we proceed.

Powers and abilities wise I have no rejection so far

But for the attack potency and speed part...

While I am yet to evaluate on this:

I have made a calc blog and am kind of stuck on one big problem that triggers most things. Luckily, nothing related to qualitative matters.

Second pair of eye review is recommended but this may be good to start with before implementing changes.

Well the sun moved [after being pierced] quite the distance in a short time frame, and from what i have seen and heard, it is at least star to large star...?

Well the sun moved [after being pierced] quite the distance in a short time frame, and from what i have seen and heard, it is at least star to large star...?
The sun moved so far away the sunlight shining onto Earth looks dim.

We need to determine the minimum distance travelled by the sun.

Use the sun's diameter and compare it to the lines that showcasesthe movement. And the timeframe should be 1~10 seconds max
I mean, the time frame we can determine easily.
We are concerned about the distance.
First, should we estimate the displacement of sun moving away from Earth by estimating from the distance between real liife sun to real life Pluto?
Second, as in my another thread, the planet size and distance is a bit tricky to determine and agree on a multiplier to work with (as we suspect the celestial body size and distance be bigger but at a weird ratio).
Third, it can run into KE working with FTL speed. Making the KE working inapplicable at worst or requiring some proxies at best.

First, should we estimate the displacement of sun moving away from Earth by estimating from the distance between real liife sun to real life Pluto?
Second, as in my another thread, the planet size and distance is a bit tricky to determine and agree on a multiplier to work with (as we suspect the celestial body size and distance be bigger but at a weird ratio).
Third, it can run into KE working with FTL speed. Making the KE working inapplicable at worst or requiring some proxies at best.
The feat is hella tricky ngl. And the panels don't help much tbh. We can juse use irl measurements and calculate the distance and what not, after that we replace the measurements of dr.slump's.
Also, we can use the anime feat if it's too vague. That if it even exists in the anime

The feat is hella tricky ngl. And the panels don't help much tbh. We can juse use irl measurements and calculate the distance and what not, after that we replace the measurements of dr.slump's.
Also, we can use the anime feat if it's too vague. That if it even exists in the anime
Here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back