• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here

Anyways, let's get this going.

This is actually pretty simple :
in the Dragon Ball Super episode where Arale and Dr. Slump characters appear, Beerus has a feat of erasing Dr. Mashirito.

What's impressive is that this character (Dr. Mashirito) has feats of resisting 5-D Plot level Existence Erasure, here and here

This would mean that Beerus is capable of erasing a being with such a potent resistance. And so, his Hakai would get upgraded to 5-D levels of potency.

A quick counter to an argument that has been brought up before :

If Beerus doesn't have plot erasure then it won't scale to 5-D

This is incorrect. As someone pointed out in the last thread , the potency of the resistance still needs to be bypassed regardless of its fundamentality. Especially since Beerus's Hakai doesn't work on a narrative level.

Abstractness =\= Potency

I believe that's all folks. Remember to keep this conversation civil.

I mean, it is clear, since Dr. Mashirito scaling from the events of Dr. Slump on Dragon Ball is accepted.

But my question is what happens to other G.o.D's and Zen'o? Narratively speaking, Beerus' Hakai having a beyond infinite level of superiority over the other Destroyers and the Omni-King is definitely a point of concern.

Continued from here

Anyways, let's get this going.

This is actually pretty simple :
in the Dragon Ball Super episode where Arale and Dr. Slump characters appear, Beerus has a feat of erasing Dr. Mashirito.

What's impressive is that this character (Dr. Mashirito) has feats of resisting 5-D Plot level Existence Erasure, here and here

This would mean that Beerus is capable of erasing a being with such a potent resistance. And so, his Hakai would get upgraded to 5-D levels of potency.

A quick counter to an argument that has been brought up before :

If Beerus doesn't have plot erasure then it won't scale to 5-D

This is incorrect. As someone pointed out in the last thread , the potency of the resistance still needs to be bypassed regardless of its fundamentality. Especially since Beerus's Hakai doesn't work on a narrative level.

Abstractness =\= Potency

I believe that's all folks. Remember to keep this conversation civil.

anyway i agree, it seems simple enough, but doesn't that scale the Gods of Destruction too? Since it comes directly from the hakai, I think the gods must be scaled too, as well as the people who resisted, Frieza should also have resistance there is 5D erasure and so is Goku

I mean, it is clear, since Dr. Mashirito scaling from the events of Dr. Slump on Dragon Ball is accepted.

But my question is what happens to other G.o.D's and Zen'o? Narratively speaking, Beerus' Hakai having a beyond infinite level of superiority over the other Destroyers and the Omni-King is definitely a point of concern.
They wouldn't have, becouse they haven't been shown to.

Also, we don't exactly know how powerful GoDs are.

And not all Gods have the same level of strenght, to the point Vermouth can be defeated by Jiren

They wouldn't have, becouse they haven't been shown to.

Also, we don't exactly know how powerful GoDs are.

And not all Gods have the same level of strenght, to the point Vermouth can be defeated by Jiren
That doesn't acocunt for him having an uncountably infinite greater gap in power.

I don't know if it's just me or other people have this problem, but i don't see Existence Erasure nor a resistance towards Existence Erasure in those Imgur scans tbh, could be wrong if the feats were explained more in-depth.

I don't if it's just me or other people have this problem, but i don't see Existence Erasure nor a resistance towards Existence Erasure in those Imgur scans tbh, could be wrong if the feats were explained more in-depth.
So for context there's a few examples. One where Toriyama ended their narrative & Mashirito ignored it. In another example, the one where its Toriyama is whiting out characters. In that episode he wanted to erase the cast of Dr.slump to make a new series. He couldn't so he had to get Senbei to make a stronger EE device. While Mashirito wasn't shown, in the context of the episode so it should apply to him as well.

So for context there's a few examples. One where Toriyama ended their narrative & Mashirito ignored it
Which scan exactly?

the one where its Toriyama is whiting out characters. In that episode he wanted to erase the cast of Dr.slump to make a new series. He couldn't so he had to get Senbei to make a stronger EE device. While Mashirito wasn't shown, in the context of the episode so it should apply to him as well.
Is it told or implied he "whited" out every single cast member of Dr. Slump, or was that just his motive?, I'm asking because if we don't have concrete or implicit evidence then i don't believe we can claim he was even affected (as in he wasn't even whited out yet) in the first, much less the claim he resisted it.

Though the fact someone who (i'm presuming knowledgeable about Arale and her capabilities, could be wrong) was afraid that Beerus was going to erase her despite the fact she clearly wasn't erased by Toriyama's Plot Manipulation is pretty good evidence for 5-D erasure.

So i'm currently fine with Beerus having 5-D Existence Erasure via Hakai because of that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back