• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOOM - Tier 1 Cosmology Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to start, but, yes dimension as in reality still makes sense, not being bound by it can mean lots of things like having countless realities, how their realities are different, etc. To say that only dimensionality makes logical sense is a bit pretentious when you consider any take uses fictional science.

If an argument is pointless then just don't use it, it creates a bias. "Or" accomplishes the same in any take.

If something's not proven then it's not proven, the standards aren't arbitrary, that premise is nonsensical.
I explained in the OP why only "dimension" as in "the concept of dimensionality" is the only correct interpretation due to grammar. Simply saying something akin to "um actually, these other interpretations are still valid because, um, uh, well, I said so" (which you're doing) isnt a good argument.

If an argument is pointless then just don't use it, it creates a bias. "Or" accomplishes the same in any take.
If something's not proven then it's not proven, the standards aren't arbitrary, that premise is nonsensical.

This is incomprehensible. I genuinely cant tell what you're trying to say. I never said any of the arguments I've used are pointless. Could you (or someone else in this thread) explain?

I definitely don't agree with 1-A, but as for Low 1-C I'm iffy about it but I do think Firestorm does seem to bring up quite a bit of elaborate details.

• Possibly > 2-A / Low 1-C | Urdak
    • Codex Story of the Maykrs - Urdak
      • Possesses "transcendent technology"
      • Urdak itself exists in an anchor state, utilizing highly advanced dimensional shift technology to allow a static position at a sub-quantum level. This essentially inverts their position in relation to Hell; both planes of existence are fixed outside the bounds of the known universe, a 'lower' and 'higher' reality. The Khan Maykr oversees all within Urdak, and now utilizes Argent Energy to prevent the Transfiguration.
Transcendent technology means nothing on its own as we know.

The second thing says a lot but ultimately just means that the 3 structures exist in different positions from each other. Hell is not weaker than the universe due to being lower, and is in fact more complex than any 1 universe, so this "higher" and "lower" thing is meaningless for all we care about (Tiering). Overseeing doesn't necessarily mean anything, as in it just doesn't mean anything.
As well, and "transcend" can even go as in their position in cosmology rather than complexity.
"Higher" wouldn't even mean anything w/o the further context above that explicitly makes it don't mean anything, "connecting to all the timelines" would be great if we knew this was as in, they are all inside here due to being infinitely small, but it takes very little imagination to think how would any reality connect to infinite more realities w/o that, they simply need portals, tunnels or the like.
Then it is a connection as in a form of travel connecting above to many routes leading to universes, it's not that the universes are inside and are infinitely small, they just have means of Dimensional Travel to get to them all from there.
That doesn't necessarily mean anything as it depends of what what does "6th dimension" mean in this context. For our tiering we use 1 meaning and theory, it's a misconception that fiction always does the same.
They are the start of a highway that leads to them all and have crazy tech, why wouldn't they see them like that.
Yes they do.
The context of this could be anything. It seems more like a "it hasn't happened yet due to our tech but it could happen" situation.
Sure.
Hell is so big and powerful it sort of eats/fuses with other universes. There are still spaces between those universes, which are those pathways,
Hax.
Hell is another dimension, even other universes are said to be other dimensions here.
Ok.
Covered before.
This could refer to how they travel across the cosmology of their verse rather than Hell itself, but referring to Hell is ok too.
This makes perfect sense.
It is.
It wouldn't matter on its own and we can give ourselves an idea of this being the positioning explained before.
Ok.
They want to be higher.
This is a mistake to take literally. The writing is imprecise and giving little context of what we know it says, it could be poetic in reference to his dominance or well at absolute best he's the size of the multiverse.

I unfortunately don't have the time available to read this thread in-depth. What are the staff conclusions here so far?

I disagree with it, all the points for Low 1-C are wrong.
You've only responded to arguments other people have made for low 1-C Hell. You havent responded to my argument (regarding Hell being "unbound by boundaries of space, time, or dimension") at all except for an argument that entirely ignores the original post of this thread and completely unintelligible ramblings. What does ""Or" accomplishes the same in any take" even mean?

You've only responded to arguments other people have made for low 1-C Hell. You havent responded to my argument (regarding Hell being "unbound by boundaries of space, time, or dimension") at all except for an argument that entirely ignores the original post of this thread and completely unintelligible ramblings. What does ""Or" accomplishes the same in any take" even mean?
That doesn't mean anything Low 1-C wise unless proven, it can refer to a number of things that are not Low 1-C like their space, time and dimension being different. We also know Hell is located below the universe, universes in DOOM are called dimensions too, so this can simply refer to that positioning, as in a reality that is bound "by boundaries of space, time, or dimension" is in the positioning the universe is, but Hell is below all that and so it isn't bound by it. Needless to say, this is a way of talking that exists in fiction likes this, "I'm not bound by [things]" can mean being outside of them to take effect or different and what those "things" are can be said in a redundant manner.

Honestly, if the only "problem" with the scaling is that "it can also mean [x thing]", then a possibly is fine. Arguing that isn't actually debunking the other interpretation at hand, it is just bringing up another way to interpret the same scans.

Last edited:
@Eficiente

Let's start over and work our way up.

We agree that the infinite timelines are an infinite 4-D structure, yes?

With this in mind, if not a higher 5-D structure, do you suggest that Hell or Urdak is a parallel 4-D structure or something else?
Sure. Hell being bellow the universe doesn't make it more complex, so Urdak being above the universe doesn't make it more complex.
Honestly, if the only "problem" with the scaling is that "it can also mean [x thing]", then a possibly is fine. Arguing that isn't actually debunking the other interpretation at hand, it is just bringing up another way to interpret the same scans.
It's easier for me to say it that way because it would be misleading to say "that doesn't mean Low 1-C". As in, say "He's very powerful" or "Beyond strength" can refer to a character being 5-A, but not on its own, and it wouldn't on its own; Same here, I'm saying that our standards don't make it Low 1-C, not that "maybe it could be and maybe it couldn't".

Despite way back then i disagree with Low 1-C. Now i do agree with Gewsbumpz take on this, this just the matter of interpreting scans in different way, we not really debunk anything since scans also didn't go very specific. So i'm fine with Possibly Low 1-C

That doesn't mean anything Low 1-C wise unless proven, it can refer to a number of things that are not Low 1-C like their space, time and dimension being different. We also know Hell is located below the universe, universes in DOOM are called dimensions too, so this can simply refer to that positioning, as in a reality that is bound "by boundaries of space, time, or dimension" is in the positioning the universe is, but Hell is below all that and so it isn't bound by it. Needless to say, this is a way of talking that exists in fiction likes this, "I'm not bound by [things]" can mean being outside of them to take effect or different and what those "things" are can be said in a redundant manner.
I already proved in this thread all the way back in the original post that grammatically, "dimension" in the quote must be referring to the very concept of dimensionality and not separate realms and such. This is categorically not an issue of "positioning." Due to all of this, "possibly low 1-C" would not be an appropriate tiering for those who scale to Hell since the alternative (whatever grammatically and contextually-incorrect interpretation Eficiente is advocating for) is simply not reasonable at all; rather, only a solid rating of "Low 1-C" would be valid.

Last edited:
I already proved in this thread all the way back in the original post that grammatically, "dimension" in the quote must be referring to the very concept of dimensionality and not separate realms and such.
Why??, why it must be the concept of dimensionality and not other ways of interpreting. Gramatically??, no grammatically dimension have a very broad meaning, you can't say your interpretation of the text is correct why others is not

Due to all of this, "possibly low 1-C" would not be an appropriate tiering for those who scale to Hell since the alternative (whatever grammatically and contextually-incorrect interpretation Eficiente is advocating for) is simply not reasonable at all; rather, only a solid rating of "Low 1-C" would be valid.
Again like above, why it is inappropriate??, you said contextually it is wrong, but i all see is your personal interpretation of the text itself, all the contexts given so far leave a big hole for all kind of interpretation

Sure. Hell being bellow the universe doesn't make it more complex, so Urdak being above the universe doesn't make it more complex.
I can't say I follow what is used to support Hell being a parallel 4-D Structure.

Q: What tier is transcending space and time?
A: If it is specified that they "transcend space and time" in the sense that they exist on some higher level of reality that is qualitatively superior to a spacetime continuum in nature, then they should be put at Low 1-C, assuming the continuum in question is one comprised of four dimensions.

Q: What tier is transcending dimensions?
A: Such descriptors are to be evaluated while taking into account the number of dimensions which the verse has been shown to entertain; for example, a character stated to exist above physical dimensions in relation to a 4-dimensional cosmology would be Low 1-C with no further context.

We agree that the infinite timelines are an infinite 4-D structure for 2-A. It's consistently said that Hell is a higher dimension, is timeless, transcends time and space, etc. Based on the descriptions of Hell, it is higher dimensional in the sense it is beyond the aforementioned 4-D structure of time, going into true 5-D Low 1-C territory.

Hell being a separate 4-D space wouldn't be compatible with the descriptions of being timeless, transcending time, and being unlimited by the boundaries of time. It would need to be a 5-D Low 1-C structure.

Additionally, on its own, True Vega being able to hold an infinite 4-D structure in his arms may sound figurative. However, we need to combine it with the descriptions of Hell, Hell being an extension of Davoth, and True Vega being on par with Devoth.

True Vega being 5-D from Hell scaling, holding an infinite 4-D Space in his arms sounds more concrete. Wouldn't you guys agree?

Last edited:
True Vega being 5-D from Hell scaling, holding an infinite 4-D Space in his arms sounds more concrete. Wouldn't you guys agree?
It does fit the standards, and as said above, the only argument really against it is basically "it can mean [x other thing]", which doesn't actually discredit the scaling. I think Low 1-C DOOM is achievable, as a possibly.

Unclear with True VEGA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, you must be mixing up "dimension" as referring to the concept of dimensionality (Ex: 2 dimensional, 3 dimensional, 4 dimensional) with "dimensions" (Ex: length, width, height, time) or "dimensions" as referring to UNIVERSES or realms (Ex: a "pocket dimension")
I am referring to the second option, yes, which for the matter I don't see as being different from the first one whatsoever, with how closely linked they are.

As I pointed out in the first post, only the first definition makes sense. If Hell was simply infinite 4D and not Low 1-C, it would still be bound by the boundary of only having the same number of dimensions as every other realm in the already-established DOOM universe (or at least other than Urdak, but that's another discussion).
That's a pretty large amount of inference from such a vague statement, and a very large stretch of the definition of "boundary" overall, which a quick search on Google can already tell us the meaning of in most contexts: "a line that marks the limits of an area; a dividing line." "Dimension" being used as an uncountable noun here also doesn't mean anything when uncountable nouns don't even necessarily refer to abstract things; "There is wood here" is a sentence that makes use of an uncountable noun (Wood), for instance, and yet it's obviously not talking about the concept of wood.

Moreover, the thing that Hell is being described as unlimited by is, itself, a countable noun expressing a quantitative term, that being "boundaries." If it said "unlimited by space, time or dimension," "unlimited by the boundaries of space, time or dimension," or somesuch, you'd have somewhat stronger evidence (Saying that because, even then, being unbound by something is not necessarily taken as evidence of superiority over that something, as said above), but as it stands that is not the case.

Given that, the interpretation outlined above (i.e Hell is "unlimited by boundaries of space, time or dimension" in that its dimensions, its measurements, have no bounds) is one that already satisfies what the text states. Anything higher, you'd need more evidence for.

In addition, the quote makes use of the word "or." The word "or" signifies DIFFERENT things. Even when used to refer to the same object, it still refers to different names for the object (Ex: "This recipe requires a bit of cheese, or 'queso' in Spanish"). Obviously the passage isnt talking about names, so the things themselves (those being the boundaries of time, the boundaries of space, and the boundaries of dimension) must be different. The only thing the "boundaries of dimension" could be, therefore, are the boundaries of being limited to 4 dimensions.
Space and dimension are themselves synonymous, so I think that's pretty clearly just the text being redundant.

Here's the current collection of sorted statements. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Looking at the list, at the very least, "Possibly Low 1-C" should be a thing.
Much of this seems pretty weak insofar as evidence for Low 1-C goes. You can refer to my previous response on that matter.

So what are the staff conclusions here so far? Did Ultima reject a Low 1-C rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back