• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods - Part Two CRT (Spoilers Ahead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean hugo implied in the most recent interview he had that slayer may have been a threat to davoth the moment the divinity machine happened

The time gap isn’t enough to justify him becoming tier 2. Because there was a much larger time gap between when he came out the divinty machine and the events of doom 2016, literally billions of years.

The justification for doomguy going from tier 7 to tier 2 is solely dependent upon his reactive power level and absorption abilities. Saying that the icon aided doomguy into becoming tier 2 isn’t unreasonable.
That was also after a significantly long period of time, though.

They're arguing that the Slayer was tier 2 significantly before the 2 games, some even arguing right out of the Divinity Machine.

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying the slayer becoming tier 2 because of the icon of sin would make sense.

And I don't think the Icon is tier 2 physically. It MAY be a possible explanation via the universal energy system but the Icon's attacks are explicitly not shown to be that, and it's only a threat because it's passive reality warping is going to destroy everything.

The reactive power level would be why he made the jump in power. Which we agree on. I’m asking how the reactive power level made him that much stronger. Since we have a much larger previous time gap. I think the icon of sin would be good reasoning.

They're arguing that the Slayer was tier 2 significantly before the 2 games, some even arguing right out of the Divinity Machine.
Based on Prime Titan > Icon Of Sin ?

Also "Icon's attacks can't be that strong because Area of Effect" isn't going to fly, by that Slayer is Tier 8 then, it's not really a factor as AP doesn't depend on Range/AoE

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about AOE. I was saying that narratively, it literally does not make sense for the Icon at that point to be that strong. It doesn't matter if you think it makes the jump "easier to understand", it doesn't work within the story.

Why doesn’t it make sense for the icon to be that strong at that point? You’re arguing that the slayer is 2-A and it’s just because “we don’t know how”

Why doesn’t it make sense for the icon to be that strong at that point? You’re arguing that the slayer is 2-A and it’s just because “we don’t know how”
its the fact that his black hole through reality warping wouldn't make much sense what so ever

like you could make and argument that the slayer took all the argent energy that was put into making said black hole into himself and emped himself up to low 2-C
but that still would be enough to explain the gap between low 2-C and 2-A as you know there is a transinfinite distance between the two

Sorry but it does make sense to some characters be that strong. The Slayer came out from the Divinity Machine billion of years ago and apparently was stated to be a risk to Davoth since then. We are not trying to mke 2-B Slayer "easier to understand" but more consistent with the series and overall timeskips between games, using the Universal Energy System for Icon not only makes sense since his source is Argent but also is consistent with its duty and scalling to earlier versions of the Slayer shows why he was the risk to Davoth since his upgrade (Wasn't as powerful, but still strong and going stronger). The only counter for this at the moment is either "doesn't make sense them being this strong" and AoE falacy, both don't work for me

Afaik only scales to Prime Titan, Icon and Khan Maykr I guess

Also, I don't think t's necessary to leave a Tier 7 for Slayer and the 2-B/2-A stuff be only a possibly, the feats are very clear

its the fact that his black hole through reality warping would make much sense what so ever

like you could make and argument that the slayer took all the argent energy that was put into making said black hole into himself and emped himself up to low 2-C
All demons are filled by one energy source so it would stand to reason that the icon used his own energy source to make the black hole and he would still have to be able to tank his own attack on the universe.

That doesn’t make sense whatsoever.

The Icon was a threat because after he grew stronger he would absorb the universe with him. Keyword is grow stronger. The issue is he never did, and the slayer stopped him before he could.

Having the Icon be 2-B defeats the purpose of him getting stronger if he was multiversal from the start. The slayer should not be 2-B either for this reason.

Just “being a threat” to davoth means nothing, considering he was stuck being incorporeal for a good few games. This just means that he was pretty much unstoppable to any forces Davoth would throw at him and when the time came where they would have to face each other, the slayer would have grown powerful enough to fight him.

Having the Icon be 2-B defeats the purpose of him getting stronger if he was multiversal from the start. The slayer should not be 2-B either for this reason.
I'm not arguing for 2-B Icon anyway, dunno why you put this here

Just “being a threat” to davoth means nothing, considering he was stuck being incorporeal for a good few games. This just means that he was pretty much unstoppable to any forces Davoth would throw at him and when the time came where they would have to face each other, the slayer would have grown powerful enough to fight him.
I think we should wait to see exactly the statement, if it is directly tied to Davoth or his forces, but one way or the other, Icon's High 3-A to Low 2-C feat scalling to his physicals doesn't completely depend on this, but on universal energy system at first

The Icon was a threat because after he grew stronger he would absorb the universe with him. Keyword is grow stronger. The issue is he never did, and the slayer stopped him before he could.
The statement is currently accepted since his profile is using it, you have issues with that, I guess

One of the feats, which is breaking down space and time, isn't really related to his growth in power, for example

Maybe it was me who wasn't clear enough

We need proof that he actually did however. It could just be what the Icon was designed to do.

The Warping stuff actually happened, the Black Hole I guess it didn't since, well, our universe still is there

The Icon's presence warps reality, damaging the intricate order of our dimension merely by existing within it. If the Icon is allowed to remain unchecked it would lead to the total devastation of Earth, followed by a breakdown of spacetime around the planet. The resulting black hole will eventually drag our entire universe down, casting it into the mouth of Hell as a conquest to be absorbed by the Dark Realm.

He even damages it by existing, with Argent being his energy source

Because the Doom Slayer gets 2-B for fighting and killing a 2-B. The Icon would be getting low 2-C for something he hasn't done yet.

If you want to push that, you can push idk, "possibly will become 3-A" or whatever. I still don't like it, but sure.

Also, why is the Icon "High 3-A" with black holes? If that isn't sourced, it needs to be sourced.
I have that question aswell, maybe the Universe is Infinite ? I don't remember such statement

Anyway, the Black Hold stuff indeed WAS GOING to happen, but Icon still warped and damaged reality across our Dimension via existence alone, that's 3-A (Unless the Universe is indeed Infinite)

No, the statement is very clear that it's was done via his existence alone, independant on his power growth

The Icon's presence warps reality, damaging the intricate order of our dimension merely by existing within it.

Only after this the statement start talking about his power growth consequences

Yes. Independent on his power growth. It didn't happen yet, therefore "will eventually become (insert tier here)" is the best option.

You’re not understanding.

It has not happened yet, and if it will happen over time, then we can not fully scale him to something that has not happened yet. His existence causes it OVER TIME.

Because the Doom Slayer gets 2-B for fighting and killing a 2-B. The Icon would be getting low 2-C for something he hasn't done yet.

If you want to push that, you can push idk, "possibly will become 3-A" or whatever. I still don't like it, but sure.
Again the how he got to that point was never specified by you. Us saying the icon aided his path to becoming 2-B would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back